Bugs Delete my account

Status
Not open for further replies.
the why is that bluelight staff are volunteers and should not have to devote time to doing something for a user the net effect of which they can achieve themselves easily.

further, deleting an account does not prevent somebody from reading bluelight (you don't even need an account to read bluelght) or posting on bluelight (you can create a new account in 30 seconds) so it's a pointless exercise anyway and the staff have more important things to spend their time on than pointless exercises.

alasdair
I just mean for privacy sake with extenuating circumstances it would be good to have the option *shrug*

I did that to two old fb accounts (the random string password, as well as creating a random string gmail) and seriously regret it. So many photos of my life and memories and conversations with dead friends and relatives.. it duckong sucks, and xuz it was always a fake name.. well... never getting back in :( there's also another old fb account of mine that has gone renegade after I posted all my passwords as a status during a psychosis

This seems a bit off the rails, thank you all for your misdirected contributions (I include myself in that group of unhelpfuls).

Now, on to helpfulness....

Oh, lookie here, a sticky thread atop this very forum = Info Bluelight Support FAQ

And lookie here, what's inside that FAQ:

How do I delete my account & posts?

You can delete your own posts... one at a time. Use the search engine to show all posts created by yourself, open each one, and click the 'delete' button at the bottom of the post. The delete option is there, and from that point onwards you'll know what to do. You're awesome enough to be reading this FAQ, so we have every faith in you.

However, your general awesomeness does not extend to deleting posts in closed or archived threads. The board software does not allow users to edit or remove their contributions when a thread is closed or archived. As such, you'll need to PM the forum moderators and ask them to do it. If you've already deleted the bulk of your other posts, the moderators should do this for you - although it remains at their discretion. If you get no joy via this route, feel free to report the posts in question and bring it to the attention of other staff members.

To address account deletion, use the 'Contact Us' page indicating your username and request it. This is sent directly to the admin. We should get back to you shortly. Please note that deletion of the account with removal of all posts can only be done if an account has 25 or fewer posts. For accounts with more content, your username and e-mail address will be removed, but any posts you have not already deleted will stay in place at the time of your account anonymization, under an anonymous username. Also, we cannot remove quotes of your content (and username) by other users.

And with that, I'm closing this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.