Admin Attention delete account

Status
Not open for further replies.
I deleted thousands of posts years ago on a former account. I've never looked back at the time I spent doing that and not thought it was a waste of time. I wasn't in a good place at the time. I hope you are okay. <3
Fuck me. Do you want to tell me that shit that you posted here years ago was worse than the shit you post now? Sorry I missed that! :ROFLMAO:

On second thought: scrap my very last statement made above! 🙈 If I didn't see it or it's been deleted: it didn't happen! :unsure: As misguided a notion that may be of course (that's a warning and free piece of advice).

just remember that removing posts may make them inaccessable here but any third party archives (wayback machine) are forever
True story. I posted about this as well as a link a while ago. Only bonus is that when it comes to forums such as this: the links between posts and threads don’t usually work and are usually broken. But if you’re looking for something specific or trying to connect dots: time and effort is all that’s required.

I would still make a good case as to why it should be a paid for option though. And without joking about it either (as I’ve always done on this topic in the past). But hey: not my call.

Could be worse though (only just) i.e. some forums have a particular timer set. You can only edit or delete posts or threads within a certain time limit or time period. After that you’re fucked. Don’t go getting any ideas now though! :ROFLMAO:

I sure am glad I never posted on BL back in my using days. What a pain in the ass to feel that you have to delete everything .

Wouldn't it be easier to just abandon the account and never post on it again? Then just make a new username?

Is it because people are embarrassed about the posts they made while under the influence? Is it because one might be afraid that their real identity will be compromised if they don't eradicate all of their footprint here? Maybe thinking an SO will log on and browse the forums and recognize the posts?

I know, I know, I am a boomer and an open book and even if I had posted on here in my using days I would have left it all here just to re-read it and see how much of an ass I made of myself. Seriously, I would have. Would have been hilarious to read and a very good reminder of why I don't use anymore. And it's not like anyone on here would have held it against you. Everyone's pretty cool here and would understand.

Change your name to something so random it has no links to you what so ever like turtleneck just anything random redrose123 🤔😂
Sorry to hijack can someone be so kind to pm me ir quickly copy n paste how i post pics plz guys ty

Change your name to something so random it has no links to you what so ever like turtleneck just anything random redrose123 🤔😂
Sorry to hijack can someone be so kind to pm me ir quickly copy n paste how i post pics plz guys ty
Scroll down this forum and several people have posted on how to post pictures. If you still need help after reading the threads that have already been made, make a new thread and the admin called The Love Bandit will come on and help you. He checks the threads once a day. I don't know how ( and never would anyway as I am way boring ) or I would help you right now.

Speaking of being nice and making somebody’s day (in reference to my previous post above) I just remembered something:

How’re you doing @iLoveYouWithaKnife? How’s things your end? Things are great my end! Anyway. Just thought I’d touch base (as they say) with you and check in. See how you’re doing and all. Until next quarter then! 💔

Go on. Click on that show blocked member content button. You know you want to! :ROFLMAO:
I have never blocked a single person in 20 years. I’m very capable of just physically skipping over content that is stupid. Which in fact is 99.8% of your posts.

I have never blocked a single person in 20 years. I’m very capable of just physically skipping over content that is stupid. Which in fact is 99.8% of your posts.
Glad to see all is good with you and you’re still as charming and friendly as always.

My bad. I thought you’d blocked me last year. So that would explain how you’re able to reach your assessment then. But 99.8%? That’s a bit harsh. I’ll meet you at, say, 78.3%. Hope that works for you! 🥰

Oh well. Until next quarter then as previously noted! :)

I logged out for a long time and when i came back here so many people changed their usernames... i know u have to make a donation to do it, but so many of u did that? dont want to change my username, just want to know how you all did it :)

I logged out for a long time and when i came back here so many people changed their usernames... i know u have to make a donation to do it, but so many of u did that? dont want to change my username, just want to know how you all did it :)
If one is a mod they can change their name once for free. I think even they have to make a $25 donation if they want a second change. All non mods have to pay the $25.

you for real a simple select and insert statement in an sql database costs $25

no wonder they don't want us to nmap there server they have fuck all tech staff

you for real a simple select and insert statement in an sql database costs $25

no wonder they don't want us to nmap there server they have fuck all tech staff
its not about the technical ability of the staff. its that we do this on a voluntary basis with a remit to look after specific sub forums.

there are quite a few of us on staff who make good living computing, but that is not what we are engaged to do on BL. if we started doing this sort of work then we'd swiftly get bogged down with every user and his dog wanting something done so no longer have time to do the actual roles we've been appointed to. there are people doing technical work to support the forum, just not deleting users accounts.

at the end of the day, you get what you pay for. BL users pay nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.