Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Delayed effects with AL-LAD ?!

Kishka

Bluelighter
Hi,

Ok so I'm having a recurrent situation when I take AL-LAD.

I read reports about AL-LAD lasting 6 - 10 hours, however each single time I took AL-LAD (it's 100% AL-LAD I'm sure), whatever the dose (75µg or 150µg). I have literally NO EFFECTS until T+4 (usually at T+4 people are coming down) but for me it start to begin, then I'm tripping really hard to the point of having a full blown panic attack which last the duration of AL-LAD aka 6 - 8.

Let's say I drop the AL-LAD at 10 PM, I will feel first effect at 2 PM then it wores off at 8 - 9 PM. I always read that people begin to feel the AL-LAD at T+30 or T+1 but for me whatever the dose and each single time I took it I'm having delayed effects.

My friend who dropped the same AL-LAD can feel it in 30-35 minutes and when he start to come down I only start to come up....

I'm not on medication or something. Is this possible that my body doesn't tolerate AL-LAD or metabolize it slowly ?

I'm always "scared" to take it because of the duration. I have to plan a full day if I want to trip on AL-LAD.

1P-LSD, LSD, ALD-52, 2C-B-FLY and ETH-LAD react well with me and the comeup, duration and overall length is matching trip reports.

Sorry for my english btw and thank you :)

Your English always seems fine to me Kishka. :)

It's pretty odd that this would happen, especially on a recurring basis. It certainly is possible though. Once I took mushrooms and they took three hours to take effect. I'd actually given up a long time before, and decided to go to bed, then I started tripping, triggered by sleep paralysis. It was very bizzare.

I've found the same the past few times I take 2C-B, the effects don't really become noticeable until 2-3 hours in.

I'd suggest plugging might shorten the come up but I don't know how you'd go about doing that with little bits of paper :p

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm not very fan of plugging things in my b**hole ^-^'

Am I the only one to have delayed effect from this drug? :(

Could it potentially have something to do with the medium for the substance? Is it on paper?

Just thought I might add, I wouldn't have known english wasn't your first language unless you told me

I don't think it's uncommon for there to be some variance in effects and duration, especially with the lesser researched lysergamides. Personally, I never found AL-LAD to do much for me at all, even in doses up to 600mcg, whereas 1P-LSD has given me moderately good results at doses around 400-500mcg.

It should be noted that I am large (overweight,) and on medication that competitively binds to the 5-HT receptor sites, as such, my dosing standards are not typical and should not be taken as advice.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm not very fan of plugging things in my b**hole ^-^'

Lol. You could put it in... the front hole. Plugging via the vagina works great as long as you are wet enough to dissolve it.

Do you usually swallow the blotter or hold it in your mouth?

Hi,

Haha I usually hold it (chewing it up) a bit in my mouth then swallowed it.

Hi,

Haha I usually hold it (chewing it up) a bit in my mouth then swallowed it.

I chew when I don't plug it. I've never had a problem with chewing other than nasuea and the time it takes to work (usually 40m-1hr if eaten, 15-30min when plugged). Pugging via vagina works great. Make sure you are wet enough to dissolve it and that you get it in deep. You want to make sure the blotter is in contact with lots of area so it absorbs. I usually halve or quarter each blot and finger myself until the pieces are fully dissolved and I'm not horny.

I always swallow it, and I take larger doses because I really like AL above the 600ug mark, even with no tolerance. At high doses, I achieve what I'd call a near amnesiac state, and sometimes all most drift off, having all kinds of psychedelia going on while lying there, with my eyes closes, and with headphones on. It's a weird compound, but I like the short duration. It gets a bit of a bad rap, but eat 6 to 900ugs and get back to me when you return to earth. I also love the vivid color saturation and OEVs as well. I like to be able to sneak in a trip, say drop at 6pm, and be done by 1am or so. Of course I drop a couple mgs of Xanax to get to sleep, but the hangover isn't nearly what an LSD next-day experience is like.

I think it took about 3h for me to get to peak on AL-LAD, and about 2h to feel anything. So 4h doesn't seem too weird to me.

LSD and ETH-LAD I usually notice by about 20 mins.

This is pretty interesting. I also find that 4-AcO-DALT takes significantly longer to be felt and peak than any other 4-substituted tryptamine except 4-HO-DPT, which takes equally long. A friend of mine found the latter to come on quickly like the others though, and never tried the former.

Here are AL-LAD and 4-AcO-DALT:

2955mcx.png

I wonder if PRO-LAD will have a slow onset for some people too?

It is interesting. I seem to get the opposite effect from you.

I tried AL-LAD twice, 150 ug everytime. For me the AL-LAD kicks in pretty quickly (around T+1h), it comes in a huge intense wave of psychedelia, and the effects start to decrease after only T+3 or 4 hours, IIRC. It's like all the intensity of the trip is condensed into that huge wave that comes so quickly. There was no real plateau. It kinda feels like the come-up and peak of a 4-HO-MET trip, that would last longer, but it feels like it doesn't last as long as it should. My friend who tried it with me had the same effect duration and intensity profile. The second trip was shorter than the first one, and more intense. At the end of the trip, it felt like I had been rolled over by a giant psychedelic steamroller. When the effects were at their maximum, I was laughing so hard that it was hurting and I had trouble taking my breath, lol.

I also tried 100 ug 1P-LSD, and it lasted much longer than the AL-LAD. It was also much less intense and much less visual than the AL-LAD (but I had tried 25 ug a few days before, so I probably had some tolerance).

Last edited:
Damn, exactly the same as your. At the end of the trip, I'm floored with visuals, it's so weird...

It is interesting. I seem to get the opposite effect from you.

I tried AL-LAD twice, 150 ug everytime. For me the AL-LAD kicks in pretty quickly (around T+1h), it comes in a huge intense wave of psychedelia, and the effects start to decrease after only T+3 or 4 hours, IIRC. It's like all the intensity of the trip is condensed into that huge wave that comes so quickly. There was no real plateau. It kinda feels like the come-up and peak of a 4-HO-MET trip, that would last longer, but it feels like it doesn't last as long as it should. My friend who tried it with me had the same effect duration and intensity profile. The second trip was shorter than the first one, and more intense. At the end of the trip, it felt like I had been rolled over by a giant psychedelic steamroller. When the effects were at their maximum, I was laughing so hard that it was hurting and I had trouble taking my breath, lol.

I also tried 100 ug 1P-LSD, and it lasted much longer than the AL-LAD. It was also much less intense and much less visual than the AL-LAD (but I had tried 25 ug a few days before, so I probably had some tolerance).

That is how I feel on AL-LAD; I was sober in 8hr. I thought AL LAD is way shorter than LSD?

I've experienced the same delay in effect. Both myself and my girlfriend dosed 150ug and cognitive effects weren't noticed until the 4 hour mark.
I literately took it, went to a Ott show, danced hard, left the show slightly disappointed with not having felt anything. Took a cab home and half way to my house I begin to feel the come-up, by the time we arrive at my house I am tripping very hard. My girlfriend had the same timeline for effects, except when it kicked in for her she chose to abort the trip with etizolam as she was having a difficult trip from the delay.

This was the first and only time I tried AL-LAD, and that was stood out the most too me, extreme delay in onset.

Exactly the same as you and your girlfriend.... Have to abort the trip too most of the time due to the extreme effects.

What's wrong with us ?

I've noticed this also(delayed reaction) and if you look at Thikal this was also noted----some said it was felt after 20 minutes and others noted a very gradual effect over hours. I thought maybe the Al some thought they had was in fact maybe not Al....but rather straight cid. Also see prolad entry(similar metabolism it seems)

I've found taking Al with Bioperine@(black pepper extract) helps speed up and possibly helps the Al. Bioperine aids assimilation of food and vitamins also, which is what I used it for originally. Maybe c

Use less Al first when first trying this as a cautionary measure and good luck!

Hi,

Thank you ! Can you give me the ThiKal link?

But why we have delayed effects? Slow metabolism?