View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Degradation of 4 substituted tryptamines

.:Holy::Toast:.

Bluelighter
I understand that 4-ho and 4-aco substituted tryptamines are prone to degradation, and even more so in water.
Would this degradation be lessened in an aprotic solvent? Furthermore do non toxic aprotic solvents even exist?
I understand DMSO has been used in medicine but has been retracted due to doubts about it's non-toxic status
I don't really have access to such chemicals this is more just a theoretical question.

What is the problem with just not storing 4-subbed tryptamines in solution?

With something like lysergamides the dose amount is just too tiny to keep weighing every time but with pretty much all tryptamines doing that is just fine.

I've recently posted an extremely similar question about AL-LAD in DMSO and considered it since I have DMSO here... but apparently AL-LAD is just about as stable as LSD which is fine to put in ethanol in the freezer.

Nothing at all it's just lots of times I do not trust the mg scale I own to be entirely accurate.
I use my gemini 20 and it generally works fine but I even dislike the + or - 2 or 3mg error that can be avoided with volumetric dosing.

Closest thing would br PEG400. Not sure if it's worth it or if you could even buy medical grade (diethylene glycol conc. below a certain threshold). I've seen 4-ho-mipt degrade in sol'n over the span of a couple days...it was a very sad moment.

Nothing at all it's just lots of times I do not trust the mg scale I own to be entirely accurate.
I use my gemini 20 and it generally works fine but I even dislike the + or - 2 or 3mg error that can be avoided with volumetric dosing.

the best experiences always happend when I have those extra few mg i didn't mean to.....but i'm a pussy that always ends up let down when i dose exactly what i wanted to.