• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Defeating time release on 54mg generic Concerta.

vin

Greenlighter
I recently came into two 54mg pills of concerta. They are brownish red and just have 54 on one side and nothing on the other. Is there a way to bypass the extended release on these and just get to the straight methylphenidate? I've been reading throughout the forums and I havn't gotten a definite answer.

If anyone who could assist me with this that would be great.

Thanks guys!

The best way is to just smash them up, but don't expect them to be snortable.

You just need to defeat the OROS time release action of the pill, here is how to my best understanding..

Remove the outer coating of the pill by either sucking on it, or wiping it with a wet paper towel.
Notice on one end of the pill there are two dots (those are there because as liquid gets soaked into the pill, the push part [ill get into that] expands and pushes the drug through the holes over a period of time making it time released)
Split the pill in half the long way as good as possible with a razor blade or knife(doesn't need to be perfect, you just need to see in the pill from that angle)
Notice that on each "side" of the pill you split there is a greyish part and the other parts more toward the end where the holes were are the medicine.
The greyish or darker part (towards the bottom) is the "push part" that i mentioned earlier.. it has no medicine in it and is made to absorb liquid, expand slowly and push the other part (the medicine) out through the holes, like i also said before.
Cut the greyish or darker area off.. trash it.
What you have left is the part that is the medicine.
Crush it into a powder..
"voila" you defeated it.

Be careful with the medicine you obtain from it, it is a high dose and was designed in the pill to be delivered over a period of time.. taking all at once could lead to serious problems. Take your tolerance into consideration when trying to figure out how much of the powder to take, example half of it would be 27mg etc.

Here for a better visual before you do it:
screen-shot-2013-05-13-at-9-43-07-am.png

You just need to defeat the OROS time release action of the pill, here is how to my best understanding..

Remove the outer coating of the pill by either sucking on it, or wiping it with a wet paper towel.
Notice on one end of the pill there are two dots (those are there because as liquid gets soaked into the pill, the push part [ill get into that] expands and pushes the drug through the holes over a period of time making it time released)
Split the pill in half the long way as good as possible with a razor blade or knife(doesn't need to be perfect, you just need to see in the pill from that angle)
Notice that on each "side" of the pill you split there is a greyish part and the other parts more toward the end where the holes were are the medicine.
The greyish or darker part (towards the bottom) is the "push part" that i mentioned earlier.. it has no medicine in it and is made to absorb liquid, expand slowly and push the other part (the medicine) out through the holes, like i also said before.
Cut the greyish or darker area off.. trash it.
What you have left is the part that is the medicine.
Crush it into a powder..
"voila" you defeated it.

Be careful with the medicine you obtain from it, it is a high dose and was designed in the pill to be delivered over a period of time.. taking all at once could lead to serious problems. Take your tolerance into consideration when trying to figure out how much of the powder to take, example half of it would be 27mg etc.

Here for a better visual before you do it:
screen-shot-2013-05-13-at-9-43-07-am.png

See when I chipped off the outer brownish red coating I was left with just a blob of grayish brown that crumbled easily with little specks of white which I assume to be the active methyphenidate. I ended up with just a bunch of crumbly brown shit. I didn't see any holes at the edge and ended up just crushing the whole pill into one homogenous mix. I saw no different colored sections that were distinguishable. LIke i said, It's generic so I don't know if the same applies.....I am yet to ingest this strange medication but I will probably be plugging it. Probably 15mg.

Any ideas?

Nope.. lol. ive never done it with concerta.
Not into stims.. i am just familiar to the OROS system from opiate like medications. (also cut open an Invega once just to see what it looked like lol)
Maybe it's because it is generic that there is no difference in coloring in the sections.. or maybe they got smart and made it all one color so this method no longer works.
Sorry, tried my best.
Good luck!

EDIT: maybe the generic uses a different system than OROS.. not sure.

Nope.. lol. ive never done it with concerta.
Not into stims.. i am just familiar to the OROS system from opiate like medications. (also cut open an Invega once just to see what it looked like lol)
Maybe it's because it is generic that there is no difference in coloring in the sections.. or maybe they got smart and made it all one color so this method no longer works.
Sorry, tried my best.
Good luck!

EDIT: maybe the generic uses a different system than OROS.. not sure.

These are the ones I'm working with:http://kremersurban.com/products/Product_Details.aspx?ProdName=MetaT&ProdID=62175-313-37

I had this pill:

methylphenidate-hydrochloride-extended-release.jpg

and I thought it would be the same inside as described in this thread and many others. But when I sucked off [heh] the white coating and then cut off the wax, I had a solid reddish-brown pill without different colored parts. Any thoughts?

See when I chipped off the outer brownish red coating I was left with just a blob of grayish brown that crumbled easily with little specks of white which I assume to be the active methyphenidate. I ended up with just a bunch of crumbly brown shit. I didn't see any holes at the edge and ended up just crushing the whole pill into one homogenous mix. I saw no different colored sections that were distinguishable. LIke i said, It's generic so I don't know if the same applies.....I am yet to ingest this strange medication but I will probably be plugging it. Probably 15mg.

Any ideas?

Maybe neither of us dug deep enough. I didn't quite split it in half ... although I did score down the middle pretty deeply lengthwise to see if I could see any other colors, and I couldn't.

I figured this puzzle out in my early teens. HOODeezy's technique is correct, if you have the name brand cylindrical type. I would remove the outer coating and that would make three layers visible inside a second thick plastic-like shell. Half of it a grey/green color, the other half yellowish with a small white layer at the tip. I would take a razor and cut the grey/green part off and toss it. Then I would use the razor to peel that thick layer of plastic off the yellow/white half and just chop the sticky medicine up as fine as I possibly could and sniffed that shit, it would clump up in my nose, but not as bad as it did before I realized the green half was worthless trash. I cannot offer any advice concerning the generics shown, sorry.

Maybe neither of us dug deep enough. I didn't quite split it in half ... although I did score down the middle pretty deeply lengthwise to see if I could see any other colors, and I couldn't.
There are more than one type of pill the generic pil with Alza and the mg are the one with the different layers. The 27.mg has pink layer then white and grey. The grey is garbage I use a tester to grind the 27 my I just got the 36mg and it has the grey and then a off white layer and it does not grind well so I tryed disolveing the yellow part in water after testing it then poured it on a plate. When it dryed I scraped it but it peeled off like plastic wrap. Does anybody know how to turn this stuff into a sortable powder?