• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Deeper than I thought...Needle on the horizon? New BL user

i appreciate you being real with me, i've got no problem with harshness. it was just that one user talking shit i didn't like. thanks for the feedback yall.

so i just found out that my source is bailing now and cutting me off completely. fuck my life. i've got six pills which will last me two weeks if i'm lucky, so i guess i'll plug those. after that i don't know. it's not like quitting now before it gets worse isn't on my mind. but I CANNOT go thru any kind of withdrawal right now, i don't care if it's only psychological. if my mental health takes another hit i will fall apart and i won't be able to pick myself up, and that'll put me on the streets quicker than a habit. i've gotta find a way to keep myself afloat until i'm in a better place.

Well...this may help...don't use those 6, until the worst day where you feel you can't get through...I know personally, even in wd, if I knew I had the means to feel better I could actually deal much better. Like if I was really sick and went and copped I felt better before even doing the drug....because I knew I could take away the pain...It seems that is your only source so once you're out, that's it?

If so...hold on to those "for a rainy day" ....without a physical habit you can do that, and that safety net may let you get through some time off opioids better than using the 6 and being like uh oh I'm screwed. And maybe then, some weeks later you're in a better place and you don't need a safety net...

Don't switch to the needle unless you really want a dependancy addiction rather than a mental addiction. You are at a really bad serious tipping point. Once you use a needle rarely can you go back and usually you only do is you die or quit. It's not a joke. If you sight have a needle excuse as well the struggle for a clean needle will really be even more stress than what you have.

What you need to do is find actual life activities to preoccupy your time and distract you from your withdrawals, which at this point I bet it's minor even if you believe it's not. Do your best to ween off and stop using daily if you can without help. If you can't without help try finding a group meeting to go to fit advice.