• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Decent MMORPGs?

Depends what you are after. If you are after generic cookie cutter MMO clones there are countless.

If you are after something different with substance there aren't a whole lot of options.

What are you looking for mainly?

^ a disparaging term to indicate something that is generic, unoriginal or otherwise 'production-line' in it's offering.

Until a few days ago I was playing deadfrontier, was OK

Cookie cutters are fine ;) What are the best ones?

That deadfrontier looks pretty good.. why'd you stop playing?

because you need to walk a lot, and the distances are too long, I've no time.

^ Yeah that game got boring seriously quickly.. spent about an hour getting to Doggs Stockade only to find it's the same thing as where you start..

yeah but kill zombies with a shotgun is adictive jaja

Thanks hiphophippy :) Do you still play them?

Anyone got any other MMO games? Doesn't have to be RPG..

Wouldn't really call TF2 an MMO. Might be worth checking out EVE, it's a clusterfuck to start but an awesome game once you get into it. Ain't played it in a couple years myself, thinking of checking it out again

I've been looking for some 3d ones myself- I got into Major MUD back in the day and started back up again. Of course, that is all text but once you get into it, it's all imaginary and you could care less about graphics..

It'd be interesting to see what happens with this

I used to be all about MMOs but they lost their luster to me after I stopped playing WoW. I still keep up with them and play The Old Republic from time to time but I havent been "into"'a game since WoW released Wrath of The Lich King. Vanilla WoW will always be my favorite MMO

World of Warcraft.

Nothing compares.

Over the years so many MMO games came out that people assumed would kill WoW (age of Conan, rift, star wars). Those games failed horribly (except star wars...give it time) and didn't touch WoW. There is no other MMO...just WoW.

Vanguard is going F2P in the near future that game could have been big but the spotty launch killed it

Tera is out now I think, lots of people are saying that's good. GW2 to look forward to too.