• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Decarboxylating Dabs (For Tincture)

Esperighanto

Bluelighter
Hey guys,

I've got an ounce of diamonds with a low-to-moderate amount of terp sauce on it, and I'm trying to decarboxylate this to get it into an everclear tincture. I'm aiming at 100 mg/mL, as it will fit the dropper vials well and mean that I can store 10g of essentially pure THC in each dropper.

My question is as to the decarboxylation of dabs, has anybody here done it? I was considering doing it with a three neck round bottomed flask and a thermometer that fits in one of the necks, then heat bathing it until it reaches 250°F for 30 minutes, then mixing it with ethanol after it cools, and letting that sit overnight for a few nights in the freezer.

Also, does anybody know if this is a situation where I should do multiple everclear pulls and then evaporate down to the desired volume? I'm thinking in the way you do to go from mushrooms to resin via everclear.

I just heated it in the oven once as if it was flower…like 2 hrs at 250F

Didn’t work well like it does with flower

Probably a round bottom flask would work, I think that oils don't decarb as well in an oven partially due to surface area and composition. Its easier to get flowers to a constant temp and easier for gasses to escape

Maybe throw in some etoh and reflux at 250? I don't think anything weird would result but I'm not a real chemist