Deca and dna damage?

youtubeNATTY

Greenlighter
So I read a study where mice sustained dna damage from one pin of Deca.this could mean cancer in the long run.

Anyone shed some insight on this?

Not to dismiss the risk, as I also have issues with deca and its negative cardiovascular effects, but it's about perspective.

As mentioned in the study itself, estradiol (a necessary hormone in the body) is also cytotoxic and genotoxic. As is tamoxifen, asparaginase (an enzyme used in normal food manufacture), and a whole load of other common drugs used in medicine (anti biotics, chemotherapy, anti virals etc). And in your other article it also points out that just regular petrol station attendants endure worse exposure.

Millions of 'cancers' form inside our bodies every day, most of us will never know because our immune systems destroy them just as quickly. Who knows at what point a few genetic misreplications finally produce a cancerous cell that becomes a tumour? All kinds of activities, substances and lifestyles over a number of decades can affect that risk. But in the grand scheme of things, using Deca a few times a year will probably have no impact whatsoever.

PS props to Ergo log, I love their website.

Plenty of bodybuilders have used deca and have had no noticeable shorter life span. As CFC said its all about moderation a perfect example of this is Arnold hes now I think 67? and back in his bodybuilding days he used deca regularly infact around that time most of the cycles included deca or where built around deca.

The very air you breathe in just walking down the street is carcinogenic unless you live out of a built up area.

To be very honest, studies describe jargon about the parameters blah blah blah. So taking deca damages dna.. and dna damage is a 'euphemism' for increased cancer risk. But testosterone is known to be associated with prostate cancer. Idk if prostate cancer is result of dna damage' but if test derivative then it may have same risk factors...