Dec 31 NYC New years world order

It was moved to a movie threather. I see everybody is bitching about this party, but why dont you try to throw a party and then talk , ok :) I ended up going to Downtime & had a fun time, weird but fun :)

Why dont you try to throw a party and then talk
That's not gonna cut it since no other party promoter seems to fuckup like these fucks do, and fuckup as often. And what do you call knowingly selling tickets to kids under eighteen at the original location, then carding them at the new location with no refunds..."Trying to throw a party?"
fuck that

I didnt hit this party up but NYWO sux ass. No matter what there is shady shit goin down at those parties. Never trust em...them and Park Rave are Probably some of the worst out there.

OK did anyone stay the rest of the night? I did, i made a sad attempt to make a shitty evening turn out good :-/
Ok u guys member when those backstreet boy clubbers came in and took over the movie theartre and bumped us into the basement? WEll i snuck into their party upstairs and like they were just standin around sippin beers and actin all macho, givin me snide looks for not dressin like sum toolbox clubber.
Anyways, after asking everyone int he basement from 9pm-1am for a certain substance, finally a dood came up to me and said, "hey man, u need _ ?"
i was like, wahooo finally! Me and a friend bought 4, ate em up and ofinally started feelin good about the night.
Remember the replacement flyer said they were going to stay till 10am? And i personally heard JH! Say he was gonna spin a set way late in the night. WEll the bouncers started lettin ppl upstairs and me and my friends went up there amongst the various tools and backstreet bitches. Of course the were not happy with the raver vibe presence, and of course we were the only onces dancing...anyways to make a long story short some muscle head clubber doods were up in my face yellen at me for E just because "i looked like onne those raver fags" adn they assumed i had like 20 pills in my pocket. Then some jackass tool beats this girl right in the face. Another club dood shashed that first guys face in, and one of my friends who has a background in martial arts jumped in. He nocked the first club kid down, and then put the other in a submission hold. Just then some backstreeyboy bouncer runs up with his lucky can of pepper spray and nails both the club dood and my friend right in the eyes. He got pepper sprayed for breaking up the fight!!! Of course, the party was promptly shut down (3am or so...).
The funny thing was, the ride home (5hours) totally owned the party. Lol.
Im probably never going to a party in NYC again. That scene SUUUUUCKS and it will take a lot to convince me otherwise. Ill stick to D.C.

^^
you shouldnt base your opinions on NYC parties because you went to a fucking NYWO party. i told you before this party happened that it was going to be shit, and what happened? it was shit. NYWO in no way, shape, or form represents the rest of the nyc community. my community is successful in throwing amazing parties, with great vibe, and off-the-hook beats EVERY SINGLE WEEK---just because you went to one shitty event, that you WERE warned about, doesnt mean that the entire nyc scene is as shitty as that. nyc tends to be a little shady and whatnot, but we do throw good events--you just need to find them. learn your promoters, learn the crowd, learn the veneues....LEARN HOW TO PICK YOUR PARTIES!!!!!!
personally, i dont really care where you party--i'll probably never meet you anyway b/c i'm sure you'll probably never end up @ one of our small, intimate parties...but please dont base your opinions on nyc from this one experience, its really not an accurate portrayal.

Yo jerzee i fell you on that. We had a small scene
a while ago that was quaint, but spirited. One time at the best venue we had in my shithole of a city, got shut down because some ghetto breakers got in a serious fight when some party kid that pushed the breaker got duffed in the jaw. The party was over, and then the venue closed down for a while. But now the venue is back and all they have their is a dumb ghetto club scene!!!
All we had left was a little club where they had decent little partys with some good people. And THAT PLACE got shut down on a drug bust. UGGHHH!
Idunno anymore. The scene is fadind quickly and I'm not a rich kid. I cant afford to go to NYC for the partys you go to(although I want to) Me bein a youngin and all makes it kinda hard to ge around to good partys. Oh well. Guess I'll retire for a year when i get out on my own...

Hun, I'm young myself...i'm only 16. I'm not rich!! I havent worked since JUNE!!! I spend less than $50 every weekend (not including substances, if i choose to use or not that weekend) because I go to QUALITY events that only cost about $5 or $10 if I pay anything at all... The majority of my costs are transportation (train from jersey to nyc) and food/water. It is very possible to do, dont give up...if you care enough, you'll search harder, and find what ultimately, you're looking for!

na jerzee hun its not just that...me and some friends have had a streek of bad luck with nyc. Places ive been to there are usually "ghetto" and bad vibe, bad music, bla bla, etc...then there was the boo 6 fiasco, im not even gonna go there (we werent notified that it was cancelled...) then this one party we went to (I think space monke-e and x dream) two of our vehicles were towed for no reason whatsoever and we were forced to come up with 400$ just to get our cars out of the impound, let alone gas and food for the ride home. Another time one of my friends got his ass kicked...and then there is the nywo thing which wasnt as bad as the other shit that happened before but still.
when we go to DC we usually have a blast but then again i dont really have good info connex for nyc...wanna help me out? ravelinks and bluelight are all i get nyc info from...
[ 08 January 2002: Message edited by: THE WOOD ]

Hey, I can deffinately understand it when you just havent clicked w/ a city...sometimes, coincidences happen. Maybe I'm just defending my shady ass city b/c its where my heart is--and i can deffinately see how somebody who hasnt always been here would think its a fukd up place or whatever. And if you arent partying in a certain place all the time--its really easy to miss the better events cuz you arent sure where to get the info. I'm gonna e-mail you...

YOU GET YOUR INFO FROM RAVELINKS!!!!!
no wonder your having such bad luck!

aim me i'll give you some webbies to check out for parties i don't live in NY but i go to the parties when i can... all i gotta say is BOO 6 WILL ROCK! end of story so will boom 5 if netwerkone can get a damn place