Death from OD

dakky

Bluelighter
One of my best friend's brother died yesterday. We suspect opiate OD though he did speedballs... Whatever. The point is she is in absolute bits and under the impression it would have been a horrible painful death. I told her I don't know too much but I'm guessing dying from opiate OD was probably "pleasant". I was just trying to assuage that level of pain but I don't want to tell her any wrong information. So long story short; would it likely have been a "peaceful" death? She seems to think it might have been deliberate but based on my recent interactions with him I'm not so sure.

Sidenote I had similar happen to one of my actual best friends from growing up 3 years ago and it was fucking awful. That, however, seemed clear to be either his body gave up from long term abuse or something weird happened as he had been clean for a period for the first time in his life and then started using again and then poof one day found dead but autopsy was inconclusive as showed not enough in his system to kill him...

Addiction is a bitch.

Thanks

Just saw this,, so sorry for your loss. Addiction is truly a horrible disease. To be honest, there isn't a sure way of knowing whether he death was painful or not, and in all honesty isn't something to be dwelling on because you'll never know the answer for sure. It's very likely he nodded out into bliss then stopped breathing, as H is a CNS depressant. Even if it was a heart attack, his pain couldn't have lasted too long.

I've nearly died from an accidental overdose, and have friends who have died on accident and were brought back. If you've ever done heroin to the level of overdosing, you aren't in a very good place. I know for myself, death wasn't a fear, it was a relief in my mind in those times. My family always thought I was suicidal but it was really just reckless pleasure seeking behavior. I wanted the high and didn't care the cost, and I think that's a very common mindset for those in active addiction. It truly is a disease that effects one's biology, social life, and psyche/way of thinking.

Hopefully you can comfort your friend in this hard time. Try to focus on all the things he did that made you guys smile, and keep his warmth around if possible.

I am very sorry for your loss. My sincere condolences. I send you comfort and warm thoughts.

You know, sometimes things just aren’t what they seem to be. Sometimes people who others think are addicts can be people who are suffering with unknown, undiagnosed, painful health conditions and are desperately trying to control symptoms and pain.
There is no way of knowing what another has been enduring unless you have walked in their shoes.
I never like to label anyone. I have no judgement as I am not in a position to judge anyone. No one is.
At least it was not a long, painful death. We know that. This person did not rot away and turn into a shell of her former self like many elderly people do. 😢. Be grateful for that. Celebrate her LIFE!

Please be comforted though. You know there really is an afterlife and we do not really “die”. Yes our bodies do but those are like a change of clothing really. I know this knowledge for a fact per Near Death Experience. Your loved one is in a very good place and is happy beyond belief to be home again. You will most certainly be reunited one day. Don’t you worry.

with Love,
❤️

i don't think people realise that addictions are serious illnesses and not lifestyle choices, a person doesn't choose to smoke, drink, take drugs for laugh it's a lot of contributory factors such as recent bereavement, problems at work, student lifestyle, abuse or simply due to poverty , deprivation and housing/financial reasons

The best advice is actually find out what officially had caused but also realise he may of taken the drug but he could of taken a codeine or valium without thinking in the morning for something unrelated.
It's quite easy to be a position where you mixed too many drugs poly-drug combination.
Did the hospital do a full tox screen check, full blood work up.
Because lots of drugs have a long half life, so what he could of the day before could of contributed to.
I

Their life isn't in vain, this just saved me from taking something without thinking of the half life. You will be in my prayers.
The best advice is actually find out what officially had caused but also realise he may of taken the drug but he could of taken a codeine or valium without thinking in the morning for something unrelated.
It's quite easy to be a position where you mixed too many drugs poly-drug combination.
Did the hospital do a full tox screen check, full blood work up.
Because lots of drugs have a long half life, so what he could of the day before could of contributed to.
I

I know that there are no words to describe how this feels. My husband overdosed in 1998. It literally killed me but like FuneralFather said in their post, their death was not in vain. My condolences on your loss. *sending love and good vibes your way*

I've had a near death experience (heart attack) and giving up on life is just so peacefull, I embraced it. Dying from an OD is probably the best way to go, except for noïds.

I’ve overdosed many times, and have stopped breathing. There is no pain. Nothing is felt.