• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Dealing with OPIATE RELATED CONSTIPATION ~ Mega Thread

That's gross, that's why I don't fuck with that, switch to coke, it makes me poop all the time almost instantaneously

Cigars or cig that will stim. your butt muslcas, newports I do believe. Either or frist whenever im feeling great 2-4 hours a day on stims I also have something to drink next to me. Also im going on my fifth day without 10-13 vics so I can relate. When you go, your mind needs to be at ease.

Do you drink coffee? Coffee stimulates the bowels and will help keep you regular. Also read the thread on running and incontinence. That's 2 things you might try if it happens again.

I would suggest everyone in this thread review Alvimopan or Methylnaltrexone use during Opiate use to reduce any constipation.

If your already constipated, adding metamucil isnt going to fix the problem., in fact it prob make things worse for the OP. Metamucil adds by providing bulk (fibre) to the poop. Good for prevention to keep you regular but not to cure existing issues.

You need a stool softener or some light form of bowel prep. I'd recommend Movicol or just simple Coloxyl. Sounds like its past the Coloxyl stage though.

Drink plenty too!!!

Does any of the recommended medications contain lactulose? What do you think about lactulose in the treatment of opiate related constipation? It's cheap and common over here. 8)

haha poop there it is, that's funny. I'm gonna really be gross now. When I took poppy tea, it was the most constipating experience ever. I had to reach in and pull rocks out of my tushy. Now I am an addict, but I take fibercon daily, and if I eat fruit and drink water, I'm all good.

~10 days when i was in rehab & started taking suboxone. nothing they gave me would help until finally i had stopped eating because i felt, uh, very "full", then the nurse had me drink nearly an entire cup of milk of magnesia + several senna caps. that finally worked.

i've been on suboxone for a year now and it's still worse than when i was on dope-- if i don't take a stimulant laxative i won't ever shit more often than every 7 days, unless i'm really sick for some reason. even skipping 2 days of bupe doesn't induce it, but i've heard that works for some people.

NeuronalPerception said:
I would suggest everyone in this thread review Alvimopan or Methylnaltrexone use during Opiate use to reduce any constipation.

Rather than methylnaltrexone, it'd be easier to just abstain for a day or two; after all all methylnaltrexone is going to do is inducce a rather rapid state of withdrawl (complete with turbocharged peristalsis) as it's an opioid antagonist.

If you are constipated through opiate use, the best & safest is probably colonic irrigation, be it professional or with some home setup, as anything that induces vigourous peristalsis can be quite dodgy if the fecal matter is impacted, which is a distinct possibility with chronic opiate use (a friend who had an opiate habit once delighted in telling me of how he had to use an apple corer to remove the middle of a huge stool, then let it collapse in on itself in order to pass it witout ripping his rectal sphincter to shreds :! . Even now I'm grimacing at the thought & he told me that little gem about 8 years ago! )

Miralax is a miracle for daily opiate use.

Back when all this was new to me, I had a couple of painful BM's that caused me to avoid even trying to go. I would sit on the toilet and my asshole would actually quiver with muscle reaction trying to NOT have a BM.

Metamucil and LOTS OF WATER work great if taken daily. The worst stomach ache I ever had was taking Metamucil AFTER I was already constipated.

PS I still think about the Apple Corer story F and B has told when I am on the toilet.

This is a great thread. Im on day 6 right now without a decent Bowel Movement. The discomfort alone is going to keep me away from opiates from now on! Ive been to Urgent Care. Nothing ground breaking from them. I got some Ex-Lax and BeneFiber and some Colace. I have had very poor BM (small amounts). My biggest problem is that I am for the first time experiencing WD. And it is too much to overcome it seems. The other night I went 24 hours without an opiate dose. I didnt sleep a wink! Mainly because of the worst and weirdest sensation in my arms. I had to continuously move them. Violently! I was in such torment. Im trying to wheen myself off of them right now. Down to 20mg Oxycodone twice daily. I have only been on this binge for 2 weeks. And it will be my last. I must weigh 15 pounds more right now! And its all in my lower stomach! Back pain like a MOFO!

impaction

look up what an "impaction" is. you don't want one. fix it while you still can, if you can!

fastandbulbous said:
Rather than methylnaltrexone, it'd be easier to just abstain for a day or two; after all all methylnaltrexone is going to do is inducce a rather rapid state of withdrawl (complete with turbocharged peristalsis) as it's an opioid antagonist.

If you are constipated through opiate use, the best & safest is probably colonic irrigation, be it professional or with some home setup, as anything that induces vigourous peristalsis can be quite dodgy if the fecal matter is impacted, which is a distinct possibility with chronic opiate use (a friend who had an opiate habit once delighted in telling me of how he had to use an apple corer to remove the middle of a huge stool, then let it collapse in on itself in order to pass it witout ripping his rectal sphincter to shreds :! . Even now I'm grimacing at the thought & he told me that little gem about 8 years ago! )

Anyone planning on taking long term use should be on methylnaltrexone or Alvimopan. You can abstain from your opioid use for a few during as you start if you are all ready on it.

I have severe thoracic nerve damage. I have been on everything from Percocet, Vicodin, and OxyContin. I had the same problem I couldn't poop for weeks. I have found that the best way and the safest way to keep you regular is to juice you can go to any store and buy a juicer for about 50 or 60 bucks. You can start out simple just juice 7 carrots a cup of grape, 2 cups of spinach, 4 Apple, and a beet.
This will keep you regular. Not only that but the beets will help your liver detoxify. After you been on painkiller for 3 months you build up toxins in your liver. Beets are one of the best natural substances that will detoxify your liver. I juice every day and I poop about once a day. Plus it's very healthy for you.
I've found that with juicing I have a lot more energy, and in general feel great. If you have any questions or you need more help let me know

i know this is a serious topic and i'm sure everyone has had their stool turn into dried cement several times in their life
but this topic deserves placement in the best of bluelight!!!
a good east coast solution is a half dozen belly bombers, better known as white castle hamburgers
but after this approach, i doubt u will have any living roommates!!!
mirilax is a good idea!!!
i know the enema sounds unpleasant, but none of my dildos were able to chip away at the dried cement stuck in my butt
blasting caps sound safer than an apple corer!!
and once the cork is released from my butt, my fucking low flow toilet gets clogged from a weeks worth of cementized crap!!!
try to explain to maintainance that it just shit that has solidified in ur toilet bowl!!!