❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Dealing with adult children...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeof1

Bluelighter
How do you guys deal with children in adult bodies?

What I mean are those immature asshole types that talk a lot of shit and drink entirely too much every night and run their mouths constantly?

I'm a mid-aged guy early 30's. I am a veteran and have issues with dealing with these type of people without wanting to kill them. I seriously am the calmest and chillest dude in the world until I get around these douchebags. I can't seem to get away from them either, everywhere I go there's at least one, and I want to know why some parent out there neglected to straighten out their little shit head before turning him lose on the world.

I know all of you have met someone like this:
"Mid-20's just left home, owns nothing and lives like trash and thinks he can beat the shit out of everyone because of the raging testosterone, and so he talks shit to everyone. Starts fights with women and people he thinks would be easy victims."

Normally I would just leave, but the situation I am in sort of forces me to deal with the person until August. I honestly am at my wit's end here. So far I have not had any physical contact with him, and I wish to keep it that way. I would hate to wake him up by putting him in the hospital and then have a headache to deal with as a result. He's already started to try and probe my bubble gauging for a reaction. I know it's merely his animal brain telling him to push against me for dominance, but it's not going to end that well for him if he keeps pushing and I want to avoid that at all costs.

there are lots of people on the planet. just kill them. they wont be missed

Not exactly a solution that would be possible without interrupting my life in a very personal way.

I look at myself in the mirror and say shit you are one amazing child;)

edit: wait but i dont do what you are saying. and if you choose to let idiots piss you off, you will always be mad. why do you have to deal with this person?

Last edited:
What is this doing in this forum?

Here's a really good idea: Don't presume that you COULD kill all of these adult children.
I say this because I have met several people that say that they are so cool, but they can't seem to get away from hoe-ass immature motherfuckers that act like kids. Well, if I've learned anything in my life, it's that people who can't seem to get away from problems, tend to be the problem their selves.

I look at myself in the mirror and say shit you are one amazing child;)

edit: wait but i dont do what you are saying. and if you choose to let idiots piss you off, you will always be mad. why do you have to deal with this person?

LOL! Not what I meant.

Re-read my post. I am not mad in the least. This person is coming after me with ideas of proving something. You'd have to understand, he knows some of my history and wants to prove himself. I could care less about the whole ordeal, but I am stuck dealing with him until August. I would like to know a cordial way of dealing with him that doesn't require him to make an ass out of himself even more so and cause himself to get hurt by attacking me. For some reason he's assumed that my passivity and politeness is weakness and seeing how he behaves like an animal/child he likes reasoned that he could try something.

My only peaceful solution is to leave the situation and diffuse it, but I can not do this, so I am asking for help with it.

What is this doing in this forum?

This has to do with relationships. It's not just about getting your rocks off, although I'm sure you thought that.

Here's a really good idea: Don't presume that you COULD kill all of these adult children.

Never made any presumptions. You should not assume that you know anything about me.

I'm drunk, immature, and don't know what QFT means. FIGHT ME!
QFT= quoted for truth:p

LOL! Not what I meant.

Re-read my post. I am not mad in the least. This person is coming after me with ideas of proving something. You'd have to understand, he knows some of my history and wants to prove himself. I could care less about the whole ordeal, but I am stuck dealing with him until August. I would like to know a cordial way of dealing with him that doesn't require him to make an ass out of himself even more so and cause himself to get hurt by attacking me. For some reason he's assumed that my passivity and politeness is weakness and seeing how he behaves like an animal/child he likes reasoned that he could try something.
sit them down like any other child. I find it is best to calmly draw out well defined boundaries and consequences with children and then stick to them no matter what.. i expect you to behave in a proper manner and if you do not, even for an instant then this is what will happen.. then they test and I back what i said up.. since you are already aware that violence is not the answer I guess you will have to get creative with the consequences.. I have no doubt you will figure this out and a well trained adult child can become a plus in your life;)

Last edited:
There are a lot of people I don't like. It's tough, but sometimes you just have to deal with them. Avoid being with them as much as possible. Surround yourself with people who you DO want to be with.

You're in your mid-30s so I'm guessing these 20 year olds don't try to start anything with you. Just leave it as that. Yeah, it's hard to be around people who you simply don't like but that's part of life. Avoid when possible. When you have to be around them, communicate with them as little as possible. And if you're forced to, try to make it quick. If you can't do any of that, just deal with it. Not to be harsh. As I said, I completely understand where you're coming from, but it's something I've just learned to live with for the most part.

Op just be careful. He sounds like he could aggressively kick the shit out of anyone at any given moment.

Do not underestimate them. BE CAREFUL!

There's two ways to go about it, laugh it off and just tell him that you've got nothing to prove to him or when he starts up next just knock him the fuck out.

sit them down like any other child. I find it is best to calmly draw out well defined boundaries and consequences with children and then stick to them no matter what.. i expect you to behave in a proper manner and if you do not, even for an instant then this is what will happen.. then they test and I back what i said up.. since you are already aware that violence is not the answer I guess you will have to get creative with the consequences.. I have no doubt you will figure this out and a well trained adult child can become a plus in your life;)

Seems to be the most reasonable course of action. I will figure out how to put it to him in a manner that will not offend his pride.

Op just be careful. He sounds like he could aggressively kick the shit out of anyone at any given moment.

Do not underestimate them. BE CAREFUL!

LOL! Not worried about it, I have been handling myself for over two decades.

Don't hang out with them.

exactly- its very simple. dont be in the places where this guy is

since a lot of the posts are advocating violence this thread is getting closed- the thread began with an undercurrent of violence and that's what the responses will all be like.

not really harm reduction.

dont be around this person- very very simple. not complicated. or else face the consequences on your employability etc with an assault charge

Status
Not open for further replies.