• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Dealers’ deadly trick: selling bath salts as Molly

Bluelight Crew
http://nypost.com/2013/09/12/drug-dealers-tricking-club-kids-with-deadly-bath-salts-not-molly/

New York club kids who use the party drug Molly because they think it’s pure ecstasy are often being peddled deadly “bath salts” by ruthless dealers, the DEA told The Post.

The dangerous narcotic — which causes a violent, meth-like high — has killed at least one reveler this year and is being eyed in the deaths of two partiers at the Electric Zoo festival on Randall’s Island two weeks ago.

“Kids think ‘Molly’ is a pure, safe ecstasy, but it’s not,” said DEA Special Agent Erin Mulvey. “It’s not pure, it’s not safe and it’s not even ecstasy.”

Known to drug regulators as methylone — and exported in bulk from China — the salts caused the agonizing death of Matthew Rybarczyk, 20, of Staten Island, after a June 15 rave on Governors Island.

“There were bags and bags pumping things into him, and the blood was coming out of his mouth, his nose,” Peggy Rybarczyk remembered yesterday of watching her grandson die slowly in his hospital bed.

The two young people who died at the Electric Zoo music fest — recent Syracuse University grad Jeffrey Russ, 23, and University of New Hampshire student Olivia Rotondo, 20 — may have also ingested the salts, though toxicology results are pending, sources told The Post.

Two others who were stricken at the festival admitted to drug use — also believed to be a substance resembling bath salts, sources told The Post.

Bath salts, which can be swallowed, snorted, injected or dissolved in water, has a similarly euphoric effect as ecstasy — but can also cause psychotic symptoms like agitation, paranoia and hallucinations. The drug is federally banned from sale in stores but is widely available on the Internet.

It has yet to be declared a controlled substance under state law, which has greatly hampered prosecution efforts.

The story continues: http://nypost.com/2013/09/12/drug-dealers-tricking-club-kids-with-deadly-bath-salts-not-molly/

You get found out pretty quick if you do that here. Molly is nearly always MDMA crystal around my area.

Stuff like this is what we usually get, some variations on colour and size, but generally -

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/...-Number-3!?p=11822830&viewfull=1#post11822830

If it was powder and white and didnt test up good, I wouldnt have it. I only have it maybe once or twice a year now as I dont use much anymore, but in Sydney there seems to be alot of that going around and there has been for yrs now. I live a few hours out of Sydney nowadays but some of my friends have brought some of this kind of stuff up when they visit for xmass or whatever over the last few yrs. If we got bath salts or some other rc, or speed or something sold to us as 'molly' we'd complain and not use that person again unless they got some other stuff that looked similar to that post above.

Last edited:
“Kids think ‘Molly’ is a pure, safe ecstasy, but it’s not,” said DEA Special Agent Erin Mulvey. “It’s not pure, it’s not safe and it’s not even ecstasy.”

applause.gif

Did some cut meth im assuming 30 days ago nd havnt felt the same ever since nd a buddy of mine did it with me nd he said he was koo wtf is up? Symptoms are headache low energy ndreality just different nd eyes are red as the devilds dick... Jk but my eyes have alot of ruptured blood vessels nd sensitive to the light .

^ Check the comedown support thread in Ecstasy Discussion, but the tl;dr of it is "You'll be fine, give it time"

may have also ingested the salts

lol well technically they are found in their HCl salt form the majority of the time.. I doubt he knows that though :!

That's a terribly inappropriate photo of someone to use when placed next to a story about their death. But anyway, I had to check the date on this article after reading this:
Known to drug regulators as methylone — and exported in bulk from China — the salts caused the agonizing death of Matthew Rybarczyk, 20, of Staten Island, after a June 15 rave on Governors Island.
It has yet to be declared a controlled substance under state law, which has greatly hampered prosecution efforts.
A bill criminalizing the drug has sat since June 19 in the state Senate majority office, awaiting forwarding to the desk of Gov. Cuomo, who has said he’ll sign it.
Are they actually talking about making a Schedule I substance extra illegal? Federal law trumps state already, so this seems highly redundant to me...

Are they actually talking about making a Schedule I substance extra illegal? Federal law trumps state already, so this seems highly redundant to me...

Off the top of my head: state or local prosecutors can't charge you with a crime unless you've broken a state or local law.

I think that's the case. I'm neither a lawyer nor a criminal though.

I mean, I guess we're all criminals, but I'm not a lawyer.

Does methylone, ethylone etc have the same taste and smell as MDMA? I find that MDMA has a really distinct taste and smell, kind of hard to misstake for something else most of the time.

well lets be grateful the DEA banned mdma think of how many more people would of died if they didn't 8)

^ It's extremely easy to dump some aniseed oil that you can buy online for $10 on some "moonrock" methylone and pass it off as MDMA. Smell, taste and appearances of "molly" mean nothing. Reagent reactions are the only things you can trust these days