View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

"Dead spots" on blotter

phenethylaminated

Greenlighter
Lately I've had the privilege of handling large quantities of LSD. The sheets I get are 2 1/2" x 2 1/2" white on white unperforated blotter. I've run into some problems recently with "dead spots" on the blotter. Sometimes there are 2-6 hits on the sheet that have NO psychoactive effect at all. Has anyone else run into this problem? Am I getting bad blotter, or am I just unlucky?

if blotters are prepared properly, this is impossible.
(Blotter paper is immersed in a solution of the active ingredient. The distribution in the solution (and thus on the blotter paper) is bound to be homogeneous. Of course if you do things purposefully the wrong way, wrong things will happen.)

Your doing something wrong if there's dead-spots. While I have no experience laying blotters it is always best to use some sort.of food coloring in your solution so you can see if the blotters are layed evenly. I'm sure someone with knowledge on laying blotter will chime in but for now this thread may be of help. Btw if you feel that your blotters are in any way not up to par DO NOT distrbute them, period.

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/541299-NBOMe-Subthread-Laying-Blotter

Another facet to think about in all this. is.. if there are Dead spots due to bad distribution there may also possibly be "hotspots" by the same mechanism.. meaning one hit could possibly have several ug more than anticipated making for a nasty surprise for some unsuspecting consumer..

Exactly, like I said please don't distribute these blotters to anyone and with threads like these there's always the suspicion that your really trying to lay NBOME and if this is the case I would think twice about what your doing as these "mistakes" WILL kill people if someone decides to drop a couple of your blotters that were absurdly dosed due to improper technique in the laying process.

I have somewhat experienced this with blotter I get currently but I had also been doing LSD weekly so I attribute it to tolerance over everything else.
I still got high but nowhere near as intensely as before.
Three tabs was not as strong as two, but none of my friends noticed the same thing.
As said if laid properly this should not be possible, there may be slight fluctuations in dosage from tab to tab but probably only +/- 20ug per tab.
If they did not know how to lay blotter and instead laid it drop by drop on blotter (this would be a painstaking and inefficient way to lay blotter) I could see how this could happen

Okay, I just want to clear a few things up...

1.) I am not laying any blotter of any kind. I've been dealing with a very legitimate LSD supplier, and being a very experienced LSD user and a responsible person, I test my product and I am 100% sure it is LSD. It's white on white, unperforated, and the chick I buy it from smells funny and talks about the grateful dead a lot.

2.) The reason I am asking this question is because, more than once, people have told me that they flat-out didn't trip off of the blotter. I am 100% sure the hits I've gotten contain LSD (and more often then not, the hits tend to be dosed with a rather heavy hand).

3.) My hypothesis was that the person who was laying this particular blotter was using a medicine dropper to lay it and didn't disperse it correctly. This is white on white blotter, so they definitely didn't use food dye of any sort to check for even distribution.

4.) On the subject of NBOMEs, I am 100% in the camp that says these should never be sold misrepresented as LSD. I had a close friend nearly die, and myself suffered pretty serious problems from being sold NBOMEs misrepresented of LSD.

*edited* learn to keep some things to yourself* and read the rules*

Last edited by a moderator:
"laying" is not a term that describes "drop stuff on blotters", as you used it in your above post.
This might seem pedantic but it is an important difference.
No one in their right minds producing blotter in somewhat higher quantities will put individual drops on blotters since this would be incredibly time consuming and yield worse results than proper "laying" (= Blotter paper is immersed in a solution of the active ingredient. )

If indeed some hits of the same blotter work and some not there is obviously something wrong with the blotter.
If it's faked with intention or by accident - no one will be able to tell.
I would not buy this stuff again for obvious reasons. If the person who produced these blotters is unable to do so properly.

If you know the person well who sold this: talk to him/her.

For the matter at hand: I'd try to convert the material into some homogeneous form (e.g. shred the paper or try to bring the active ingredient into solution again or think of something smarter than that) and use that.

Before you jump to any conclusions, you need to verify that these individuals did actually get bunk tabs. Back in the day i've passed off blotters to people who claim to have no effect but i was looking at their dinner plate pupils in astonishment. Some people just don't get it, and some people are on meds. Just a thought.. It's pretty strange to have an uneven blotter paper since the sheets are dunked into a solution.

Another idea is maybe the sheets got hit with some raindrops or something like that. Look at them over a blacklight!

What if the people that partook in your hits just stored it wrong, exposed it to light or heat or moisture? Ever considered that

Last edited by a moderator:
The blacklight method sounds like a good idea, try checking under varying intensities of blacklight by playing with the distance to the lightsource. Just in case the fluorescence is not linear, or better said for possibly superior optical effects. White on white paper seems ideal to do this, I don't think the paper itself should glow because I think it needs to be bleached paper for that. If that was used the bleach would destroy the LSD so that would be tremendously stupid.

about people storing it wrong: that would depend on the statistical significance , if 2 out of 20 people complain then sure maybe those 2 people just did something wrong themselves. But if out of a 5x5 piece of sheet shared by 25 people suddenly 10 people complain, that would be signficant. Or you would have to be a resident of say the Arizona desert and none of the people were told not to store the hits by hanging them from their clothes line.

I would just like to add that I have almost always had good reliable sources of LSD in my life, i.e. just the right friends once I started finding people who generally share my interests, people get it tested (for free) and any 'customer' can verify to check it for free themselves at the cost of the granter's credibility. My point is not to brag but to point out that there is a reason why there are quality standards that can be maintained. Despite this, not that long ago I got a few hits of acid and was told (IIRC after the fact, but I trust not out of bad intentions) that the dosage was unreliable and there was a significant "spread" or variancy in potency of the hits. This happens regularly with pills as well. The same rule of thumb applies that if procedures are not followed correctly using the proper equipment then you either risk fucking it up or absolutely don't have a dog's chance in hell of avoiding inconsistent product.
Just FYI: even here, even despite what I just said lab results are as a rule a bit lower than the potency that is advertised. It is a law of the market working and better believe your sweet titties that it is true for all of you as well.

Last edited:
Before you jump to any conclusions, you need to verify that these individuals did actually get bunk tabs. Back in the day i've passed off blotters to people who claim to have no effect but i was looking at their dinner plate pupils in astonishment. Some people just don't get it, and some people are on meds. Just a thought.. It's pretty strange to have an uneven blotter paper since the sheets are dunked into a solution.

I agree. Other people might not be good judges. Or they took shrooms the night before. Or they are on meds. I would need to try the dead spot myself to believe.

I would bet that they use xanax or a type of benzo on a regular basis. This shit has happened to me (10 strip of WoW had little effect) and I have heard it happening to others in my town. Dope/benzo addicts buying fire L, then bitching about it after they don't feel anything. If someone has eaten xanax within the past 24, it will really diminish the effects IME.

And if they take SSRIs it will very greatly reduce the effects. Also antipsychotics will basically make it impossible to trip.

I agree. Other people might not be good judges. Or they took shrooms the night before. Or they are on meds. I would need to try the dead spot myself to believe.

So much this. Used to deal with these situations far too often on Love I knew was the best most people will ever try. So many things effect trip aside from the hit. If you've never personally had this issue and youve taken many of these tabs, I doubt there is an issue to have.

Perfectly possible with the laying methods e.g. a surface that appears flat but isn't. However I would say it would be more a lower dosed tab than a 'dead' spot, as in like half the ug. I have had tabs where you can see visible liquid on the back, both pink and grey on white blotter and it has been more on others, I have noticed no real difference if I'm honest. But I generally always eat more than one tab.

A lot of people can be let down by acid first time these days due to the poor quality of tabs (however this year in particular I've noticed this really change) in comparison to 2cs/nbomes so that can be an issue...

An actual dead spot though occurring in wide circulation blotter unless it was the edge or something (still shouldn't) would be a sign of a poor job to me. But note there is sometimes visible liquid that is on more than some than blotter, how this affects the dose I as a very experienced user haven't made much of but I have never came across dead spots. I suppose for shitty 50ug blotter e.g. Strawberrys/Hofmann 1943s/etc a lot that got about last year in EU, could possibly have such a low spread of dose that it appears a dead spot. But yeah you get what I'm saying.

chlorine in city tap water can destroy the molecule.
maybe hit put his hits in a water bottle or washed them down with it?
set and setting could have everything to do with it too.

i have never noticed hi/low spots on pages