• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

DEA Rejects Attempt To Loosen Federal Restrictions On Marijuana

Duh. No surprise.

No one in government will ever do anything that will limit future funding.

I just binged watched The West Wing. I highly recommend it, it is a real show that is excellent. Now I know there are steps to take, procedure to follow and correct moves to make sort of like a chess game to get where we want to go. So I get it.

Now that I get it, this is what I don't get. That here in 2016 we can ruin people's lives over a plant. Schedule 2? We have states that said no schedule. And the doors the fed knock in are sons, daughters, parents and friends of all of us. Yet we allow lives to be ruined. So to that I say f&ck any psychoanalyzing on the proper steps to make it legal and follow what some states did at a national level. Just legalize it! Too much heartache from all the ruin for no reason. It is barbaric.

Anyway, that is my rant. Of course I agree with the proper steps and correct ways to do this. But a good closer look by all of us is needed. Government was meant to help people, not give funding to lock peaceful people up for a plant. Most people want it legalized. And the funding that gets pulled can go to other DEA or Gov functions to address some of the other real issues. I know, it is easy to bust peaceful people and pull their plants, but what about some of the other larger issues that need to be addressed?

Oh well, true colors were shown. That just happened to the Republican party and look what happened there. It imploded. Real careful thought is needed by all of these organizations.

I just binged watched The West Wing. I highly recommend it, it is a real show that is excellent. Now I know there are steps to take, procedure to follow and correct moves to make sort of like a chess game to get where we want to go. So I get it.

Now that I get it, this is what I don't get. That here in 2016 we can ruin people's lives over a plant. Schedule 2? We have states that said no schedule. And the doors the fed knock in are sons, daughters, parents and friends of all of us. Yet we allow lives to be ruined. So to that I say f&ck any psychoanalyzing on the proper steps to make it legal and follow what some states did at a national level. Just legalize it! Too much heartache from all the ruin for no reason. It is barbaric.

Anyway, that is my rant. Of course I agree with the proper steps and correct ways to do this. But a good closer look by all of us is needed. Government was meant to help people, not give funding to lock peaceful people up for a plant. Most people want it legalized. And the funding that gets pulled can go to other DEA or Gov functions to address some of the other real issues. I know, it is easy to bust peaceful people and pull their plants, but what about some of the other larger issues that need to be addressed?

Oh well, true colors were shown. That just happened to the Republican party and look what happened there. It imploded. Real careful thought is needed by all of these organizations.

First off: You cannot expect the DEA to say "We don't want a paycheck anymore." Even though the greater good of the people is at stake.

Secondly: The biggest problem I see is that the DEA is not a science based organization, and they will never do things based on science or logic.

weed is going to be around long after those old geezers are in the ground, people will still be smoking and hopefully laws have changed and its not even scheduled, its just treated like any commodity. I imagine a future like that....prob only like 200 more years or so.

and the dea shouldn't be worrying about ppl growing weed in their own country. they should hit the meth problems, id rather see less crystal tbh, but that's just bc I think it really destroys people. but since we simply cant go without the dea because we need a war on drugs, the gov has no intention of changing its stance. its their bread and butter. weed hands down is their number1 money maker just like it is for the cartels. meanwhile coke and crystal are CII and would land you a far less lengthy prison sentence just because it has a little more credibility in medical circles. soo weed is a better safer alternative to crystal meth? lol.. crazy.

Last edited:
Drug Enforcement Administration chief Chuck Rosenberg says the decision is rooted in science. Rosenberg gave "enormous weight" to conclusions by the Food and Drug Administration that marijuana has "no currently accepted medical use in treatment in the United States," and by some measures, it remains highly vulnerable to abuse as the most commonly used illicit drug across the nation.

"This decision isn't based on danger. This decision is based on whether marijuana, as determined by the FDA, is a safe and effective medicine," he said, "and it's not."

Bull-fucking-shit!

Your decision is fundamentally based on money.

The DEA stands to lose a lot of money if they cannot seize assets related to the arrests of Americans in possession of Cannabis Sativa and/or Indica.

The private prison industry stands to lose a lot of money if their prisons are not filled to capacity with non-violent, otherwise law abiding individuals who were caught in possession of Cannabis Sativa and/or Indica.

The alcoholic beverages industry stands to lose a lot of money if more and more Americans consume Cannabis Sativa and/or Indica and find that it's not the 'reefer madness-inducing poison that the mainstream media in cooperation with Uncle Sam has made it out to be for so long.

The prescription drug industry stands to lose a lot of money if more and more Americans grow their own Cannabis Sativa and/or Indica and use it for chronic pain and other health ailments rather than going to the doctor to fetch more prescriptions.

The United States government has deceived the American people for so long that I'm amazed that it took this long for an unpredictable, uncontrollable, anti-establishment hack like Donald Trump to be nominated as the presidential candidate for the GOP. And Bernie Sanders - another anti-establishment politician whom I greatly admire and respect - nearly beat HRC to become the DNC candidate.

It is for this reason why I completely understand why the American people are beyond fed up to the point where a significant portion of them would rather risk electing a fascist in the making like Trump to blown the house down out of spite for establishment politics and crony capitalism.

In fact, part of me wishes someone with narcissistic sociopath characteristics such as Trump - who has clearly demonstrated that he cannot be controlled by his campaign staff - would win the election if only to ensure the top 1% would genuinely feel vulnerable for a change.

Hard working middle and lower-class Americans who form the backbone of the world's greatest superpower are merely tolerated by Uncle Sam, whose chosen politicians such as Hillary Rodham Clinton - have demonstrated that the will of the majority of the electorate shall be repeatedly ignored if the corporate puppet masters don't see eye to eye with them.

I don't have a macabre fascination with apocalyptic scenarios, but in one way or another, America needs a political revolution now more than ever IMO. Quality of life for the 99% has stagnated and people are ticked off for good reason. /rant