• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Daytrana Extraction

PatrickEngle

Greenlighter
Hello there I'm new to the forum, Ive been to other forums like Drug Forums and Hip Forums but none of them can seem to answer my questions exactly right and are seem to be dying. Well back to the main topic, I want to know how to extract Methylphenidate from Daytrana patches. Today I tried mixing 6 patches in a cup of cold ISO-propyl 70% alcohol, shaking it up and letting it sit for 10-20 minutes. I then got 3 coffee filters and placed them over a mason jar held by a rubber band and poured the ISO. onto the filters and let it filter. This took about 20 minutes and when it was done I did not get any powder or crystals like I should of. I have done alot of research on this subject so can someone please help me and tell me what I am doing wrong?

Did you shred the patches at all, or were they intact? Also, did you evaporate the isopropanol?
If you don't break the patrches apart you won't extract very much. And methylphenidate will dissolve into the 30% water in the alcohol.

The patches were fully intact with the sticky part showing. I didnt try boiling the water but would microwaving it work cuz my parents will start questioning me and whatnot if i start boiling something this late at night and i dont want to wake anyone. i used lots of iso tho like several or so ounces but that was because i wanted to fit alot of patches in the iso so i could shake it up and make sure lots dissolved

You obviously have very little clue what you are doing, move out of your parent's house before you start abusing your ADD meds...

1. Break the patches apart (blender etc)
2. Extract into water (if you are drinking it) or 99% isopropanol (if you want a "powder") - don't bother with 70%
3. Seperate the solids from the liquids with a filter. Discard the patch solids
4. If using isopropanol, evaporate the mess and scrape up the fine white crust left behind, otherwise portion it out. Don't attempt to boil off the water because it will trash the methylphenidate. Don't drink isopropanol.
5. enjoy

I think you botched it. You might be able to dry the patches off and use them like normal. Otherwise there is no real practical way for someone living in their parent's house to get the m-phen out of an alcohol/water mix aside from boiling it off with good ventilation (alcohol is flammable). Sorry dude.

just chew the patch up... thats what I used to do and works like a charm.

You might try it sublingually as the poster above suggested (this method worked for me with Fentanyl patches - dunno how similar the two types of patches are, though; I cut it into small pieces that fit under my tongue (and bag the rest in a ziplock to keep it from releasing into the air by itself).

Other than that, I think those are just trashed patches.

Sorry :-(

So did anyone try this? Did it work? How much did it yield? How long do I leave it in the 99% isopropanol solution? And could you elaborate on a method of evaporation?

LOL sekio,

hahahah yea here's a how to,

FOR BEST RESULTS:

don't do it.

you should take this exactly as prescribed stop trying to divert your medication that you obviously need to take, give your head a shake bud, what do u hope to accomplish from this?????? this isn't woth pursuing. my2cents

Your 2 cents are duly noted XD I understand the concern I really do but i got these free and i wanna play chemist and have alot of fun from my result. I dont waste my actual meds (i do need them) but thats vyvanse lol anyways im already for safety precautions i have a mg scale ready to measure the 1.1 mgs hourly dose the patch provides and if the outcome is more potent then the base my GF is a pharmacist and is qualified to make dose adjustments.

You obviously have very little clue what you are doing, move out of your parent's house before you start abusing your ADD meds...

1. Break the patches apart (blender etc)
2. Extract into water (if you are drinking it) or 99% isopropanol (if you want a "powder") - don't bother with 70%
3. Seperate the solids from the liquids with a filter. Discard the patch solids
4. If using isopropanol, evaporate the mess and scrape up the fine white crust left behind, otherwise portion it out. Don't attempt to boil off the water because it will trash the methylphenidate. Don't drink isopropanol.
5. enjoy
I have identified a much easier and simpler process, instructions below.
Required items
1. Flat Pyrex dish with lid
2. 5 to 10 methylphenidate patches
3. Rubbing alcohol
4. Cloth
5. 2 oz hot water: hot but cool enough so it does not burn skin or boil

Preparation
1. Remove ink from patches: Using a corner of a cloth and rubbing alcohol clean the top surface of the patches of dirt and writing until no more text is visible; repeat for every patch
2. Pour 1oz hot water into Pyrex dish
3. Carefully remove patch backings and lay skin side down into the water; repeat until all patches are submerged
4. Pour the remaining 1 oz hot water over the top of the patches and slide them around to ensure they're not sticking to the Pyrex; when done correctly they will appear as if they're floating on top of the thin layer of water between the Pyrex dish and the patches
5. Place lid on Pyrex dish and allow to sit for a couple hours
6. After a few hours or after cools, open lid and you should start to see crystallization; at this point you may use a hair dryer to evaporate the remaining water or you can leave the lid off with a cheesecloth over top to allow it to evaporate naturally
7. Once all the water has been evaporated you will be left behind with a white powder and crystalline substance which is your semi-pure methylphenidate.
8.You may also collect the liquid and drink it as a shot