• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Alcohol daytime anxiety heightened, could alcohol be the cause?

attention_horror_621

Bluelighter
ive got pretty bad anxiety and recently ive been drinking/cross fading every nightt. nothing insane or like totally out of my mind shitfaced level,, just the equivalent of like 2-4ish shots of vodka (im super lightweight, like 102 pounds so i dont need much). ive noticed my anxiety has worsened quite a bit when im sober even if its only been like 8 hours since my last drink or so. possibly related? or am i just scaring myself and connecting dots where i shouldnt.

thank u!! ^^

It could be exacerbating your anxiety, for sure. Depending upon how you metabolize alcohol, some people report increased anxiety and/or increased depressive symptoms post alcohol use.

Most definitely is the alcohol, I’ve been through this all myself and see it constantly living in a place with a heavy drinking culture. I find even once a week can make my anxiety noticeably worse.

When I was younger I just thought I was a naturally anxious person, turns out once I cut out the drinking and sugary sweets I’m really not.

-GC

Most definitely is the alcohol, I’ve been through this all myself and see it constantly living in a place with a heavy drinking culture. I find even once a week can make my anxiety noticeably worse.

When I was younger I just thought I was a naturally anxious person, turns out once I cut out the drinking and sugary sweets I’m really not.

-GC
ah ok, i didnt know how common this was. thank you!

ah ok, i didnt know how common this was. thank you!

Try to stop drinking for 3mos, as well as cut out sweets best you can. (If you eat sweets keep it to something small at night to reduce daytime cravings.) I swear by this, you may be shocked at how much easier life becomes.

-GC

I have to admit, I have been doing intermittent fasting for many years. I usually stick to an 18/6 plan, in which I eat all my daily food within the 6 hour window and fast for 18. I have also pretty much done away with sweets, most carbs (no pasta, bread, white foods, etc.), and not only do I not crave them at all, I feel more emotionally stable since switching to this style of eating and have experienced this increased stability from very early on. Aside from controlling my weight and numbers, this was not what I was seeking, but did find it to be very real once I committed to it, and it was very pronounced. I add this because I wouldn't have believed it until I experienced it, and it really has been a great revelation for me and something that I share with people if given an opportunity.

When you really understand how your eating habits/consumption can negatively affect you and have a rudimentary understanding of metabolism, and of course are willing to try something new versus having a very doctrinaire mindset regarding "how one should feel one's self", making changes can have a huge impact on your sense of well being. A little off topic but thought I'd share.

Yes, and increases by the amount taken and the speed taken at.

It also gets worse the more often you drink.

All this gets again, even worse as you age

I have to admit, I have been doing intermittent fasting for many years. I usually stick to an 18/6 plan, in which I eat all my daily food within the 6 hour window and fast for 18. I have also pretty much done away with sweets, most carbs (no pasta, bread, white foods, etc.), and not only do I not crave them at all, I feel more emotionally stable since switching to this style of eating and have experienced this increased stability from very early on. Aside from controlling my weight and numbers, this was not what I was seeking, but did find it to be very real once I committed to it, and it was very pronounced. I add this because I wouldn't have believed it until I experienced it, and it really has been a great revelation for me and something that I share with people if given an opportunity.

When you really understand how your eating habits/consumption can negatively affect you and have a rudimentary understanding of metabolism, and of course are willing to try something new versus having a very doctrinaire mindset regarding "how one should feel one's self", making changes can have a huge impact on your sense of well being. A little off topic but thought I'd share
thank you very much for sharing! <3

Almost certainly related, please stop while you are ahead. Alcohol dependence is super gnarly and hard to beat! It being legally accessible and (generally) socially acceptable only makes it that much harder :/

This is pretty much textbook. There are different flavors of Alcoholism. Some people binge drink, but they are able to stop for periods of time. Some people drink every night after work. The progress of the condition typically leads people to having a couple of drinks in the morning perhaps. This leads to some drinks at lunch. This leads to drinking around the clock.

I'd say most Alcoholics would describe your experience in one form or another; the gradual pull of more and more drinking.

Have you tried to stop before? How long have you been drinking like this and do you ever take breaks? Are you physically shaking in the morning or is it more mild anxiety?

Let us know. I have experience with all of this and so do a bazillion other BL'ers and we're all glad to help :)

This is pretty much textbook. There are different flavors of Alcoholism. Some people binge drink, but they are able to stop for periods of time. Some people drink every night after work. The progress of the condition typically leads people to having a couple of drinks in the morning perhaps. This leads to some drinks at lunch. This leads to drinking around the clock.

I'd say most Alcoholics would describe your experience in one form or another; the gradual pull of more and more drinking.

Have you tried to stop before? How long have you been drinking like this and do you ever take breaks? Are you physically shaking in the morning or is it more mild anxiety?

Let us know. I have experience with all of this and so do a bazillion other BL'ers and we're all glad to help :)
im not a super active drinkerr but i go thru phases where i'll drink/crossfade every night for a week + or so with some day drinkingg here and there but as of late ive been doing this for maybe 2 weeks or so idrk. i normally dont get very hung over but if i do its normally some mild, maybe shakey anxiety and then a little residual until my next drink.

also thank you :) <3

edit: also after my first week where i really binged i quit for a monthh or so but im back.

edit edit: also i am trying to get legitimate medication so i can stop self medicating as much with drugs and alchohol so we'll c where that goes ^^

yeah, I'm watching this happen with my ex husband, much to my dismay. He started with a drink after work. Then it was a few shots. Last night, however, he texted me and stated that he had had SEVEN shots. A bit much, for a Monday night??

It's his life, he can do as he wants, but my ten year old son is there, and I get worried.