• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Tapering Day One Suboxone Rapid Taper from Heroin

Pghlady6972

Bluelighter
Good evening everyone. I hope I'm in the right forum. I took my last dose of heroin yesterday (I was using 6-8 bags daily). Waited 29 agonizing hours and took 1mg suboxone SL around 2pm ( I have been thru precipitated withdrawl and was not willing to risk it). After an hour I was feeling I'd say 15% better and decided to take another 1mg. After another hour I plugged 1 more mg. Around 4pm, we ordered food and I ate like a champ! After dinner, we were watching a tv show and I fell asleep. Upon awakening, I realized how much better I felt, looked in the mirror and realized my eyes are super pinned! What happened? I truly want to get clean, and now i feel like i failed and am feeling better than i should. I only have 2 8mg subs left and plan on doing a rapid taper. I hope I didn't mess anything up by taking too much sub. I wonder if plugging the 3rd mg is what did it, but I HATE the taste. I am getting married in August to an amazing, supportive man who actually got me the suboxone so I wouldn't be too sick. He and I have been researching everything about withdrawl and tapering. So, I have 16mg left, what do you think I should do? I also have a shit ton of vicodin, gabapentin, klonapin, clonidine. Any input is very appreciated. I will update this thread as I go through this detox process. Wish me luck! There is NO going back now! I had 3 years clean two separate times, I truly love being clean. The last relapse came from necessary pain pills from major back pain and surgeries. I still have the immense back pain, but I must stop the heroin! Thanks again!

Does anyone want to chat? Is anyone else going through withdrawl right now? I cannot wait to wake up one day and not have to worry where I'm getting the 'next one'! I was seeing a counselor regularly and want to get back into it after this detox is over. What is everyone else going through right now? Has anyone done a successful taper and stayed clean? How long? How is your life now?

Also, just wanted to throw this out there. Last night, I had my last shot all mixed up and ready around 630pm and decided to shoot it right into the sink. I want this badly. I knew that doing that last shot would just prolong waiting to start the sub today. I am SO proud of that. I am also so proud of being able to wait long enough to properly induce the sub. I am definitely using today 12-28-17 as my recovery date. I don't care that I took suboxone. This is for me. I am ready to take back my life. It would really help if someone, anyone would write back to me! I have been in contact with my old sponsor, I have support of my fiance, but other than that, I'm all alone. I could really use more support. I wonder what I have to look forward to after the sub taper. Please anyone get back to me!

How long were you using?

I wish you luck. I just started subs myself, but I’m in it for the long haul. For now at least.

The idea of a rapid taper is appealing to me, and I’ve gone back and forth about it. Even now, I’m considering it.

But, ultimately at this point I’m too weak and fragile. I need the sub security blanket, to both help with the cravings, as well as kind of making me know any attempt to out-sticky the bupe won’t be very effective.

I had my last heroin on Christmas night.

I wouldn’t beat yourself up too much about over-using the subs. Even 3mg isn’t a fuck Tom for your first day.

If you have 16mg left, that’s perfect. Start at 2 tomorrow, stick there for a couple days, then drop to 1. That’s what I would do, although it’s based on what I’ve read and not what I’ve done.

The comfort meds you have should make it a walk in the park. Good luck!

Throw the Vicodin away!!! You shouldn't need the whole 16mg of sub either. If 3mg leveled you out, take 2mg day 2, 1.5 day 3, 1mg day 4, and if needed .5mg on day 5, then jump. Get some Imodium, multi vitamins, vit b6, L tyrosine, protein shakes, and some sleep aids. I do not suggest zzquil, or anything with antihistamine in it, because if it doesn't knock you out, it makes rls worse. .2mg of clonidine, and 3mg of melatonin worked for me for sleep.

There's also a superfood drink mix out there that has really helped with energy. When i take 1000mg of tyrosine along work vit b6, then drink the superfood mix, it got me through an 8hr work day. The days i didn't take it, i could really tell the difference. Good luck, stay strong.

Hey Sharito! Thanks for the reply! How did your sub induction go? I was a nervous wreck! I have been using heroin since I was 19, I'm 29, with 3 years clean twice in between. But this last 'run' started as a pill addiction Mothers Day 2015 when I fell down my deck and blew out 3 lumbar discs. It progressed to heroin this year when my asshole neighbor told me she could get me pills but actually came back with dope. (Obviously still a little resentful of that, but hey, I could've said no)! I don't really have access to a bunch of subs or I would def consider a longer taper, or even maintenance. But I think with the help of my fiance, I'll be able to keep clean after the sub and comfort meds are all gone. I wish you the best of luck! I'm gonna keep this updated as well throughout this process. Do you have a thread that you're updating as well? How are you feeling now that you're a couple days in?

You lucky dog, i didn't see you have klonopin, that shit knocks me out, but my dr wouldn't give me even a 7 day script for it. You seem to be all set with sleep aids, and comfort meds. The vitamins, tyrosine, and superfood from will help with the lack of energy that will be there after the acute stage.

Alldonewithit, thanks for your reply. My fiance has ALL my pills, so I will definitely tell him your suggestion. I know they won't work while I'm on the sub anyways, why keep em? Thank you for the taper suggestion, so you would try and do it with less than the 16mg? I didn't think of that at all! I will try my damnest. I'm afraid that later on in the evening my mind is going to want 'something to help' and I will do more sub. Idk. We shall see! And I will look into superfood mix, I have L- tyrosine and b6. How long have you got under your belt now? How are you feeling?

I'm 27 days with no opiates, and 24 with no sub. I did 3 days of sub 8mg day 1 (split into 2 doses), 2.5mg day 2, 1.25 day 3, and then i jumped. The large 1st dose, along with the long half life, helped the nexr days lower doses. My original plan was a4 day taper, but i felt ok on day 4, and i wanted it over with. I'm just starting to feel like my old self, but still lack full energy, so I'm still taking the tyrosine and superfood drink. It wasn't a cake walk, for sure, but the sub got me through the crawling on the floor acute stage, and the other comfort meds helped with the rest.

My original plan was to follow rb3b "my vey short term suboxone taper" on the drug.com forums. He posted every day how he felt for over a month, and had 4-5 people doing it along with him, it worked for all of them. 5yrs later this people came back on that thread and said they were still clean. Its a great, great thread to read through.

I will definitely read that! Thank You! I just took my 2mg about a half hour ago. I'm actually gonna head in to work, which I wasn't planning on until next week! I figure I might as well try to get something done while I'm feeling okay; when I jump off the sub, who knows!? Wow! 27 days! That is awesome! I can't wait to have 27 days. How long did you use prior? And I hear you on the lack of energy. I keep reading that exercise is key, but I can't get off the damn couch or out of bed!

I was using for 3-4yrs. Started with 120 10mg hydro, moved to clean 10mg oxy, then to fentanyl along with the oxy. When i ran out of the fent, i sold my oxy, and got H. That process repeated itself for over a year, until i got sick of it, and wanted my life back. Yes, exercise is huge, and very tough to do, but even short walks help. Ive got a hot tub, and that helped a lot too. As many hot showers as you like during a day is a good thing too, they relax you for a good 45-60min afterwards.

Alldonewithit, I'm 3 pages deep into the thread you suggested. Good stuff for sure! It sure is giving me hope! I have an 11 year old son who has never known of my addiction. He deserves a great mom who is always there, not just physically, if you know what I mean. I want this so badly. I don't need this garbage to function. I'm nervous about the jump off in a couple days, but from reading the thread I'm going to try and stay out of my head about that. Just take it one day at a time.

On another note, a few weeks ago I attempted to quit without the subs. I had a thread open in BDD.

That's it, you gotta stay strong. Throw away the Vicodin, that's a big step. I was very nervous about the jump, and if i had it to do again, I'd probably take the small dose (.5mg) on day 4 and maybe 5. If you take it for much longer, considering the stacking effect, and long half life of sub, withdrawals from sub could occur, and you don't want that. Tell yourself you've got the flu once you jump, because that's what it feels like. Take your vitamins, tyrosine, baths, protein shakes, and the klonopin at night (no longer than 4-6 days of this). Sleep is the hardest, but the pins should really help, wish i had them. You've got an 11yr old who needs you, and a fiance who is expecting the best of you. This should be motivation enough for ya. You got this, you got everything you need, just stay strong, take it day by day, and soon the days will go quicker and quicker. Get rid of the vikes..

I am now like 17 pages into the thread you suggested. Wow! I am very confident now. I definitely don't want to finish all 16 mg of the sub. I did 3mg yesterday, 2mg today, I will try 1mg tmrw, then maybe .5mg Sunday. Then jump off Monday. If these guys and you can do it, I certainly can! Im actually feeling kind of jittery from the 2mg sub today. Perhaps that is from the long half life of yesterday's doses. I think I will try to wait until later on in the day to take the 1mg sub tmrw. I slept from 12am - 645am last night without any sleep aids. I read that I shouldn't take a sleep aid until I'm off the sub completely and only for 4-6 days max. So that's what I'll do. I am going to finish reading the thread on drugs.com it's very helpful and encouraging. Thanks again for pointing me in that direction.

Its a great thread, I've read it a dozen times through this battle. It inspires for sure. Yes, only if the sleep aid is a benzo(Xanax, klonopin) is what he says on the 4-6 day thing. Melatonin 3mg, clonidine .1-.2mg, a hot bath, and dark silence is fine after the benzos if you can't seem tu sleep, but try on your own first

So, halfway through day 2 of my rapid suboxone taper from heroin. All withdrawl symptoms are nonexistent at this point. I'm hopeful to get a good night's rest. 2 more days of the sub and I am going to jump off! I am going to wait until later in the day to take my 1mg tmrw unless I'm really feeling some symptoms. I got paid today, plus a $350 bonus, it is eating a hole in my pocket. I immediately deposited the bonus check and didn't take any cash out. I told my bank tellers see ya next year! I do not have an atm card, so won't be able to take any cash out until Tuesday! So I prevented myself from having access to the cash unless I would run to the bank before they close at 7, but I am not doing that!!!

I'm home watching Netflix with my son right now. My fiance has an hour overtime so he won't be home until 530ish. But I told him about my bonus and cash plan. I wonder what I'll do with all this extra cash!?!? Haha! A nice problem to have for once!