• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Day 6 Poppy Seed Tea WD

I too would recommend pregabalin or even gabapentin as they help a lot with the physical withdrawal for the first few weeks but you are well past the stage of needing them now brother You got this man I’m praying for you and can feel your going to do this.
The reason I can’t jump is after my morning dose a timer’s started and after four hours my arm starts getting really weak then at five downright painful and if I let it go much further then no amount of opiates are stopping that pain. It gets so bad sometimes I actually start being sick and hyperventilating even with ton of meds just because Iv let it go beyond certain strain or something. Edibles work but illegal so stuck with them till the government starts acting real
But anyway bud you are in the home straight I’m proud of you man well done you deserve your happiness bro

My other favorite was Grim Fandango by Lucas Arts. Had that on PS5 for a while and on PC for years. Ever played that one?
No... unfortunately, I remember seeing it a lot in my old game shop but never looked into it, I heard it was great years later though... I used to visit that place multiple times a week and slowly pay off a game a few dollars at a time, the owner was such a great guy, so patient and loved how passionate I was about games.... when I got to high school, he actually had to give a talk to our class about Marijuanna addiction, recounting his struggle with it (probably part of a plea deal lol) probably should have listened to him more lol, great catching up with him though... poor bastard couldn't compete with EB Games (Gamestop) in the end though.

Lucas Arts were the shit back in the day, really wish we got more point and click adventures like Day of the Tentacle, Sam & Max, Indiana Jones etc these days :)

Sorry if it bothers anyone getting off topic a bit.

The reason I can’t jump is after my morning dose a timer’s started and after four hours my arm starts getting really weak then at five downright painful and if I let it go much further then no amount of opiates are stopping that pain. It gets so bad sometimes I actually start being sick and hyperventilating even with ton of meds just because Iv let it go beyond certain strain or something. Edibles work but illegal so stuck with them till the government starts acting real

Really sorry to hear that NR, is it Nerve related, my old man has nerve problems in his legs, horrible shit, nothing seems to help him much and thankfully he'll only take 5mg of Oxy every now and then, still I don't know what's worse.
I don't understand Government resistance to THC & CBD... here in Australia it has the peoples support and would only win votes and increase revenue but it's taking so long to reach the inevitable.... Craziness.

I hope you find something that can give you some relief mate, hate to see good people in pain.

PS. Still clean if anyone is wondering ;)

Last edited:
Thought I would give an update

1 Month down - Still clean (except alcohol)

I'd like to say I feel fantastic but that would be a lie, I do feel physically and cognitively better than last week though and that's what I'm trying to focus on.

I'm still finding it hard to concentrate, getting worn out quickly and having a hard time remembering things... but it is improving, just a lot slower than before (which I knew would happen, but it still gets ya down)
I'm also getting a shorter fuse with people but I haven't blown up at anyone thankfully.

Cravings are unfortunately getting worse but I know that's mainly me thinking "look how little you have done today, 1 good day of dope and you could clear all these jobs out" it can be a little too convincing when cash-flow is getting very thin.
I'll have some good days though too... probably just the damned brain trying different moods to see what still fits I guess.

One side note that has made me laugh though is that it still takes my brain wayyy too long now to realize that "yes, that is an insect crawling up your leg, it's not just the nerves firing because you haven't had enough dope today"... I'm just glad nobody has asked "Can't you feel that thing?" it would be a bit awkward to reply "Yes... I can.... I just didn't think it was real!"

Cravings are unfortunately getting worse but I know that's mainly me thinking "look how little you have done today, 1 good day of dope and you could clear all these jobs out" it can be a little too convincing when cash-flow is getting very thin.
I'll have some good days though too... probably just the damned brain trying different moods to see what still fits I guess.

I enjoyed reading through this thread, gives me hope in my journey of getting clean. I recently stopped taking high doses of Loperamide after years of abusing it. I couldnt make it past 5 days going CT and had to start up again. I just cant stand feeling useless, zero appetite, not showering, no sleep, not even capable of driving etc. With the help of kratom and gabapentin I was able to rapidly taper off and today is day 8 for me. Im trying to take the bare minimum of the "comfort meds" ill call them so I'm still dragging ass, no motivation to do anything and sleeping is rough.

The quoted sentence above resonates with me, the past few weeks ive really gotten nothing accomplished, I dont even want showering, im too lazy to make myself something to eat. With the Loperamide id take it and shortly after id be buzzing around looking for stuff to do, id be super focused and no matter what it was it would be enjoyable. I still have bottles of Loperamide stashed away. I actually don't have cravings to take it, I'm just craving to get back to normal which i know is a long ways away especially since I've mixed kratom and gabapentin into the mix.

Congrates of your progress.

I enjoyed reading through this thread, gives me hope in my journey of getting clean. I recently stopped taking high doses of Loperamide after years of abusing it. I couldnt make it past 5 days going CT and had to start up again. I just cant stand feeling useless, zero appetite, not showering, no sleep, not even capable of driving etc. With the help of kratom and gabapentin I was able to rapidly taper off and today is day 8 for me. Im trying to take the bare minimum of the "comfort meds" ill call them so I'm still dragging ass, no motivation to do anything and sleeping is rough.

The quoted sentence above resonates with me, the past few weeks ive really gotten nothing accomplished, I dont even want showering, im too lazy to make myself something to eat. With the Loperamide id take it and shortly after id be buzzing around looking for stuff to do, id be super focused and no matter what it was it would be enjoyable. I still have bottles of Loperamide stashed away. I actually don't have cravings to take it, I'm just craving to get back to normal which i know is a long ways away especially since I've mixed kratom and gabapentin into the mix.

Congrates of your progress.

You sound like you're on the right track.
I myself got off a 5 and a half year solid daily heroin habit with not TOO much of a struggle in the end (or at any rate less than I had anticipated). The main thing is do you know where you're going and why you're trying to get there.

I don't think I will ever explore this brew, an experience such as this is helpful to reinforce saying no if the idea creeps back into my broken tinker of a thinker.

Probably been around a year since I casually browsed what sorts of seeds a local spice store had thankfully they were washed and expensive for such a low weight stopped me dead in my tracks from doing more research well that and reading how addictive it can be and how horrible the side effects not that "addictive" drugs are what makes the addict an addict lol

Hope you are well on your way away from this slow creeping death grip is it?

My goodness it isn't worth the price of admission for relief I will stick with Ashwagandha and other medicinal herbs for that without such negative dependence characteristics speaking of which recently got some White Willow supposed pain relief without the nasty side effects

Last edited: