• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Day 3 of withdrawal

swashbuckle

Greenlighter
I have a small habit, I guess. Usually go through .5 gram of heroin every other day, the powder kind, I only insufflate. But, I don't get .5 every other day, so many times I'll get some other opiate, like fentanyl or oxy to get by. The h I've been getting finally got pretty strong a couple weeks ago, but I'm already used to it. Just started h in January, but been on opiates in pill form for years.

Monday night I did the last line, I quit my job Tuesday morning, and its Thursday night now. Tuesday and Wednesday were hell, but today wasn't so bad, but then again I actually left my house today lol.

So, what advice does anyone have who has quit "cold turkey" and actually stayed sober? This is slowly ruining my life, but I get paid tomorrow, so I don't know if I can resist not getting something, even like xanax, but at least that isn't an opiate.

I have a small habit, I guess. Usually go through .5 gram of heroin every other day, the powder kind, I only insufflate. But, I don't get .5 every other day, so many times I'll get some other opiate, like fentanyl or oxy to get by. The h I've been getting finally got pretty strong a couple weeks ago, but I'm already used to it. Just started h in January, but been on opiates in pill form for years.

Monday night I did the last line, I quit my job Tuesday morning, and its Thursday night now. Tuesday and Wednesday were hell, but today wasn't so bad, but then again I actually left my house today lol.

So, what advice does anyone have who has quit "cold turkey" and actually stayed sober? This is slowly ruining my life, but I get paid tomorrow, so I don't know if I can resist not getting something, even like xanax, but at least that isn't an opiate.

cold turkying on heroin is nearly impossible but people doubt other people. .5 grams isn't that big of a habit. my advice is to QUIT NOW! before it is too late.

exercise (fucking boring yeah) helps. ride a bike if you don't feel like jogging.
people underestimate DXM so much, reports say DXM helps with heroin addicts so try taking 250mg or so.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2187002
just quit while you can is the best advice.

^^cold turkeying heroin is most definitely possible. How can you even say that. Yeah it's hard, but certainly a better route than maintenance or attempting a taper.

I'm right there with Ya bud. My last dose was about 3 days ago as well. I'm an iv heroin user. 4-6 bags a day.
I'm in death mode right now! Hot flashes vomiting shaking can't sit down can't stand up. Oh joy!
Any way not my first go around with detoxing. I'm coming off a 4 month relapse. For me, this is the easy part. It's goin back to the life you were running from in the first place is a bitch. Cravings are hell the first month. That first month is all about stayin busy. But not busy to where you're stressed. Get a hobby and most importantly exercise. The free way to load up on endorphins :)
Anyway stay strong man! I'm right here kickin the shit with you.

Last edited:
Dude just grab a few bars to get you comfy for the last bits of your WD and NEVER LOOK BACK. I know how hard it is to see the shiny new paycheck and make it disappear in no time at all, then you are going back through WD and your money is all gone, and you are depressed because you know you shouldn't but you do anyways... Just break the cycle! You can do it man you just gotta want it!

I used to use just like you. Not a whole lot, never shot up, and if I didn't have H, I had a perc. I was 17 when I was going through this addiction. I feel like it doesn't so much matter how much you do, just that how it affects you, and your mental state. The longer and longer I split .5g of H, the more I felt like I needed it. Like it was more of a necessity than eating. You don't have to inject $100 everyday to make you want to steal, pawn off your stuff, or even sell yourself to get that fix.

I had to stop cold turkey because my mom finally found out I was doing it and basically locked me into my room. I'm pretty sure she knew about it before that time, but y'know; denial. Anyway, it was one of the worst experiences. I was shaking, puking, had an awful headache, and I just couldn't even move. From then on it's just been a struggle. Just cut the lines. It doesn't matter who it is. My drug dealer was my ex girlfriend that I was still getting over for the longest time. It's just not worth it. You'll keep losing, no matter if you succeed in getting drugs or not.

My advice: seclude yourself. Let the crazy happen, get to know you, not in a gay way, but like the demon in you, the awful person you are. After that you fix yourself. I did the wrong thing and just ignored all my demons. Pretended like it never happened. which was way easier than I thought it would be, until I got into a recent serious relationship where she like to make sure all of my demons are worked through. I'd rather have took that initiative myself.

Xanax or the like would help but be very careful not to trade one addiction for another. You have made it 3 days and that is great you should be very proud. keep it up, keep fighting. YOU WILL WIN! Exercise the harder the exercise the better but even if you cruse around on a skateboard or bike it helps. Listen to possative music. Keep a mindset that you want this for you more than anything. If you find yourself getting board go do something possative even walking around the neighborhood going to a park. Find a new hobby enjoy the freedom smell the fresh air let that sun shine down on you.

When you get your check maby think about buying yourself something you would want(other than dope of course). Reward yourself. What helped me in the past was trying to stay positive its hard to do all the time but positive thinking really helps imo aswell as rewarding yourself every so often with gifts for yourself. Even volunteer work can be very rewarding for some. I even got myself a little girly lookin snoby dog that cuddles up in my lap and loves me more than anything and that has helped me greatly my dogs love for me is just unbelievable and it makes me happy and helps me with exercise and positive thinking.

Keep pushing my friend you can do this!