• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Megathread David Lynch the genius, or not, or a drug without drug

ĐmantuNJofra

Bluelighter
You can't be old enough or young enough, whenever I watch Twin Peaks, well I forgot about season 3 so, I can go now and admit my self to inpatient care, and just when they ask me: Well sir what happened? I just watched Twin Peaks and I think withdrawals are nothing compare to it!
Then nurses go and watch it, then the whole hospital went nuts!

Some of his movies I really like, like Blue Velvet and Mulholland Dr. Others I'm not so hot on, but even in his lesser works like Lost Highway there will seemingly always be some kind of memorable scene or something the film did well. He is really good at certain aspects of film-making imo...like the way his films incorporate sound is often really creative and interesting, as I've mentioned before when talking about his work. He's a versatile talent who can do all kinds of different stuff, from experimental artsy-fartsy cinema to stuff that's totally mainstream, and everything in between it seems like.

He was robbed of his Oscar for Best Supporting Actor, robbed!

Also, LOL @ that text that appears in the bottom left corner of the screen about 2:47 minutes in :LOL:

If any of you like Lynchean style films and haven't seen it, you should check this one out. It's got a bunch of his kinda themes, ominous slow-burner, dark secrets in small towns, sense of impending doom etc.

You know I haven't watched Mulholland dr or was but like 10 or more years ago
I'm now on the 3rd season Twin peaks so will first watch that I cant stop laughing sometimes and even get scared like I will lose my mind in like a harmless thought!
Look Vileneuve is genius in just making tense with sound and landscape.
Nolan made this time playing editing shifts
But Lynch Is Kubrick on LSD and steroids

almost liked every film from him. eraserhead not so much and dune wasnt also so great. the straight story is good but really something different, not lynch style by any chance.

almost liked every film from him. eraserhead not so much and dune wasnt also so great. the straight story is good but really something different, not lynch style by any chance.
I loved Eraserhead, only film that got me totally flabbergasted, gawking to the screen, not really knowing what have just happent...
I liked more other films of him, but I haven't seen all.
Inland Empire... that's a really scary film, like very very scary. Pure pyschological terror.

I think his later films are all about Hollywood occult stuff, like, they are written as symbolic clues, mysterious accusations against the dark, secret, hidden guts of the bussiness

Last edited:
I think his later films are all about Hollywood occult stuff, like, they are written as symbolic clues, mysterious accusations against the dark, secret, hidden guts of the bussiness
Just watched some videos on youtube about hidden druid stuff on checks and how words are used in 2 diff ways, the same word like COURT-tennis or law

Just watched some videos on youtube about hidden druid stuff on checks and how words are used in 2 diff ways, the same word like COURT-tennis or law
can you explain more about that?
I just saw you're from Croatia!
I was thinking about living there.. for various reasons.
not one of my reasons but I probably was conceived there, haha
It's off-topic but... could you tell me if you like it as a country to live? how's the drug scene/legality/war on drugs there?

I'm not a David Lynch fan.

It's all a surreal soap opera.

Not my bag.

watching Inland Empire again I can't seem to remember it like that or I mixed it with another movie but let me say this:
Laura Dern made a hell of a job here and also Justin Theroux.
I have my own little hypothesis on this something that can later be described and said by Jeremy Irons at the begining like: everyone wants something else in a movie set and How can you know what is producer, director, editor thinking?, a writer, an actors, everyone wants to go in their direction.

I like how he plays with the colors f.e. red cup thrown at the polish sheds or when mentioned that he went to Inland Empire behind him is a blue sprayed what is english word for the (thing that holds the doors) metal, I could translate that but till then my mind would wonder through another scene in a movie so

Great movie

and yeah with 65" screen and BT on watching it with JBL headphones from like a meter n a half is a mindfuck still, also watched Blue Velvet and Lost Highway these days

There is no need to go in a movie theater as Interstellar or Sicario, Dune even Maverick is a great experience

David is part of my throatfuck gang collective (t.g.c)

Respect the dude for his immense surreality in the face of daily life

I loved Eraserhead, only film that got me totally flabbergasted, gawking to the screen, not really knowing what have just happent...
I liked more other films of him, but I haven't seen all.
Inland Empire... that's a really scary film, like very very scary. Pure pyschological terror.

Eraserhead is next as I can't remember but there was a time of smoking a lot of weed and Lovecraft Reanimator

as for Inland Empire and Lynch in general: I had this idea of a movie about dreaming about making a movie which starts at female police officer pulling me over and me saying to her to see something and showing her that she acctually is in a movie which I was dreaming before and showing that video of a video triggers her memory of the same about me and she making a movie and before that dreaminf about making a movie it all starts there and ends there!

Everything that happens inbetween is the plot

can you explain more about that?
I just saw you're from Croatia!
I was thinking about living there.. for various reasons.
not one of my reasons but I probably was conceived there, haha
It's off-topic but... could you tell me if you like it as a country to live? how's the drug scene/legality/war on drugs there?
beautifull country, small but has 4 seasons, couple big cities and a coast with Adriatic and as you can see all the Islands are on Cro-side and every island has its own cities and beaches so:

and yeah there is no storms like hurricanes, tornados, well there was an earthquake years ago but almost everything is renewed and you can buy and own your own house if you can afford it!
if not rent or credit but well it's EU open borders now in Schengen and Bosnia-Herzegovina, as Serbia, Montenegro and Macedonia are there beautiful and with EU papers you can easily go there

I should shut up maybe because it's hidden gold:Sherlock: and with little effort you can be whatever you wanna be( well that was a sack of shit) but it sounds like WonderWoman :bs:

as for this I will find what I meant as now is time for me to rest my psychedelic brain so I'l link later