• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Datura

Agreed. if your trying to be temporarily manic you'd be better off buying a box of benedryl and going to town.

Agreed. if your trying to be temporarily manic you'd be better off buying a box of benedryl and going to town.

I wouldn't go as far as saying that. Although I think deliriants can be very harmful if not used correctly, in safe amounts, with a sitter - saying to "just use benadryl" is the same as saying "Don't try DMT, use 2C-C" - they're two very different drugs, despite being related and of the same class, and often people taking benadryl are under the illusion that because lots of people do it and it's legal that it's safe - which it really isn't.

Make sure you have an in depth knowledge about any deliriant/s you plan to take, an experienced trip sitter who can restrain you, a safe environment, and always take a lower dose than you think you need.

Like many others, I think you're mad in wanting to do this, and I for one suspect that the sheer number of 'train wreck'/bad experiences that people are having on this plant is one of the factors holding back important causes like the decriminalisation of drugs in general. But, to answer your question:
IN ADDITION to having an experienced trip sitter with you, you might want to print this out and give it to them for them to have on hand: http://www.erowid.org/ask/ask.php?ID=227

BE SAFE

I drew this on Datura... it was a meditation on all the different etheogens I did while down there, very cool, very close to my heart.

nc_20080729224618_00003.jpg

Cool as fuck man. Sometimes when I'm tripping and I draw I feel like it's epic, but then once I'm sober it's just a bunch of hooplah. I like the snake and the little globe, super cool. I'd like to try datura someday with a trip sitter. I usually neglect the idea of a trip sitter but it seems entirely necessary with this devilish flower.

I agree, with this substance a trip sitter is a must.

I too am curious about it, but I know I'm no where near ready for it. I tried DPH before, and I've seen videos and read enough trip reports about Jimson Weed to know its DPH on steroids.

To the OP: I'm sure you know this already but It is very very dangerous to take datura. Please have a trip sitter, or 5 in case you need to be restrained. Don't go for the heroic trip right off the bat, make sure you take a it really slow with this stuff. There is a slim margin for error here, and you're staring down irreversible damage to your body if you attempt taking this stuff. I've read reports of people having lingering effects for up to a year or more, mostly dealing with their vision.

It is toxic, please, please, please think long and hard about this and read everything you can on the subject. Take the good advice of the other people that replied, try to seek out a local that's done it before, that you trust, and whom can guide you. Don't rush in to this!

BTW muvolution I really dig your art! Do you have any more of your work uploaded anywhere? I'll check your profile, but if you have a portfolio online somewhere I'd love to see it. I'm just starting to draw and paint myself, I really enjoy it. I like your style a lot. :)

To the OP: If you do decide to go a head with the trip please post a trip report. Also, because I know you're going to be smart and have a trip sitter, have them keep a log as well! That way we can get a look from the inside and outside. ;)

Sorry for the long post, I know I ramble...curse of begin a fast typist I guess. Good day all!

Remember this stuff was/is used by brujos to purposely involuntarily insuffulate their enemies....why would you kill someone when you can drive them into madness!!

thanks for the comments on my art. I did Ayhuasca, Mushrooms, cacti, and datura in south america, so that kinda sums it up.

There is a bunch of my art in the Second Opionion Bluelight Art Thread - probably 15-20 sketches in a row.

There is a reason this stuff isn't popular. There are so many better drugs out there.

Remember this stuff was/is used by brujos to purposely involuntarily insuffulate their enemies....why would you kill someone when you can drive them into madness!!

see my post re indian women, same thing to rid themselves of husbands

I know a friend who made some datura tea for his younger (17) friend, who subsequently ingested the death brew, went to a movie theater (being inexperienced with mind altering drugs) and tripped out, left the theater, and was killed in a hit and run. It was suspected the lady was drunk who hit him.

that's fucked up 8(

I have never taken Datura or anything like it, and do not plan on it.

I do know people who did but they took it mixed in with Ayahuasca in a ceremony in a country in South America where it is legal to do this.

The person said that Datura was an excellent teacher so I guess it was both good and bad for them?

I also found this experience about Datura on erowid.
https://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=8885