• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Datura

1. Ensure you have a safe place to carry out this trip. As in, NO KNIVES, NO LEDGES, NO AUTOMOBILES.

2. Ensure you have at least two strong people who can baby-sit you. They MUST be able to physically restrain you in the event of an emergency.

I'm not trying to scare you, but Datura trips are the only ones that consistently end with the tripper in jail, several miles from home, without clothing, and covered with inexplicable injuries. That's definitely my idea of a good mind-opening trip for sure.

Read this: http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=46057

"Through a friend I learned that Will came home and began talking to imaginary friends. He was as blurred and blind as I was if not more. It wasn't the incoherant gibberish or the psychotic look in his eyes that worried his family. It was the fact that he had been found eating carnation baby formula and when asked what the hell he was doing replied, 'I'm eating McDonalds'."

Just be prepared for that kinda shit ahahahah

I'd suggest, for true quality of experience, you meet someone who knows a lot about the plant and has taken it before or supervised a trip before. The plant alkaloid content varies from plant to plant, and differs in each part of the plant - one plant you can take your dose from and feel nothing, another you can take it and end up in hospital or dead.

Tread with caution and do not even consider it without thorough research and a safe environment. Deliriants in general can be dangerous, but datura in particular is not one to be taken lightly.

I'd suggest, for true quality of experience, you meet someone who knows a lot about the plant and has taken it before or supervised a trip before. The plant alkaloid content varies from plant to plant, and differs in each part of the plant - one plant you can take your dose from and feel nothing, another you can take it and end up in hospital or dead.

Tread with caution and do not even consider it without thorough research and a safe environment. Deliriants in general can be dangerous, but datura in particular is not one to be taken lightly.

Best advice.

If we were talking about anything else I don't think this would be necessary, but this is serious shit. Datura is extremely known for causing manic, aggressive, and confused behavior in people and I think it would greatly benefit you to actually talk to someone who has experienced the full of it. Someone you can bounce questions and concerns off of. That might be easier said then done though. I know of very few people who have even heard of it before, much less tried it...

If that's not an option the best way I've found to research drugs is to read EVERY trip report you can find and filter through all the things in common. That usually gives you a pretty general idea of what to expect.

I tripped on Datura in South America with a shaman... even in that excellent environment, I would not recommend it.

I would actually suggest talking to some people who have supervised Datura trips before as I can't remember much so it is difficult for me to say what I experienced.

I would advise against it - In India woman who wanted rid of there husbands use to lase there food with it every day with increasing amounts which would after 2 weeks or so turn them in to gibbering wrecks. It is not a 'nice' drug to experience esp when there are so many other ones available that are far more pleasurable - do some research on it and come to you own conclusion.

From what I have read it's best to grow the plant yourself and develop a relationship with her. I've read many trip reports and the ones that had turned out even semi good were the ones who had taken it with respect. I've often wondered what it would be like to dance with Datura but I have not been called to do so.

Why do you want to take Datura?

Dude, you're gonna want to make a topical paste. This will extract the anticholinergic agents like scopolamine and atropine while reducing the presence of other alkaloids. Be careful though, only put it on your legs or arms, nowhere sensitive; if you put it around your temples it's like freaking PCP haha. Here's the tek:

-Crush the datura seeds in a fine powder.
-Place the powdered seeds in some lard.
-Add some organic soot.
-Blend well.
-Cook over a gentle heat (below 100 °C) for 2-4 hours while stirring regularly.
-Let sit for a week (at least) in a dark place, stir regularly (several times a day).
-Filter.
-Keep the fatty ointment in a sealed glass jar, in a dark & cool place.

Note: How to make organic soot?
Just place some lard in some aluminium foil to make a foil parcel. Place it in the embers until the lard is completely grilled (you should obtain some black organic soot).

Last edited:
I wonder what a low dose datura would do, with a strong trip sitter.
A friend told me about a guy who cut off his dick with hedging scissors, not sure on the validity of that, there's always a lot of bs about drugs, but I think that actually might be real...

I would try a low dose, in a safe environment, preferably large flat ground area, with 2 very dedicated researchers/psycho-naughts who know their shit.

Delirium is the shit, go all out man; that's the point. Get faced. Just don't go overboard, and be safe haha. My first time I landed in the hospital (though relatively functional; just batshit mad), and that was not fun. I'd recommend a forest at night though. I saw a fucking bird man.

I'd say blend it up or make a tea, either way, make sure the alkaloid content is even throughout the mixture, start with a low dose and WAIT, see how you react, if more is needed proceed with caution, if its still acceptable to delve further do so with caution.

It's very unpredictable what could happen and you wont have the slightest clue if your have had enough, so yep, stay in a safe enviroment, have a very understanding sitter to be on the safe side, if not, be be somewhere safe, like a padded cell!

I tripped on Datura in South America with a shaman... even in that excellent environment, I would not recommend it.

Do you have any trip reports/writing about this experience? I'd love to read about it!

I know a friend who made some datura tea for his younger (17) friend, who subsequently ingested the death brew, went to a movie theater (being inexperienced with mind altering drugs) and tripped out, left the theater, and was killed in a hit and run. It was suspected the lady was drunk who hit him.

It's serious shit is all I'm saying. It grows wild all over here in southern california, but I still have yet to try it. I know what a diphendydramine trip is like so I'm not too eager.

I have some private journals and writings that are too sensitive to post here, but there is this drawing I made at the tail end that is pretty epic. Will try and find it.

I have had nothing but bad experiences with seeds, although this plant you can use the root or leaves in tea or smoke. But the seeds are stronger. I took Hawaiian Baby Wood-rose on two occasions and had nothing but a horrible experience. I never vomited so much in my entire life from the shell of the seed. but anyway I have read that this is similar. Either you have a magical experience or a really bad experience.

I drew this on Datura... it was a meditation on all the different etheogens I did while down there, very cool, very close to my heart.

nc_20080729224618_00003.jpg