View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Datura- Hells Bells

SolidEther

Bluelighter
Who knows about the Hells Bells? Datura.

Anyone like this strange ass fucking plant?

I crushed seeds I bought from the internet back in the late 90's. I was only like 15 years old. Can't remember how I dosed it. It basically induced schizophrenia for like 3 days. I saw hallucinations that seemed like reality but where so not. I kept feeling I was dropping shit out of my pockets that wasn't there and tried to catch it as it fell the whole time. I had to piss every 5-10 mins and nothing came out. I tripped over everything and saw insects crawling out of walls when I fell asleep.

I say Yuck...

This is the first time outside my area that I've heard Datura reffered to as "hells bells", didn't know that name was widespread. Anyways I'm sure there's a small group of people that enjoy Datura, but most people who take it usually regret it. The fact that time of day and even location of the material your ingesting, even from the same plant can drastically affect potency It's not a good candidate for a cheap buzz, actually quite dangerous.

Aside from the temporary insanity, Datura can cause some severe blurring and temporary vision loss that lasts for days. So I say yuck as well, but I can see the appeal for those crazy fuckers who like to teeter on the brink of insanity, though I think OTC antihistamines would provide a "safer" alternative with a more accurate way of dosing. Different strokes for different folks, but I sure wouldn't reccomend anyone take it.

^
Yes, the stuff is really unusual and I could also imagine some who would tamper with their reality in such a frightening distinction. This "evil" plant really does create a completely hallucination enriched mental inquisition. The biggest complication is that quite often you forget that you ever ingested it and feel completely normal at times...then without warning you are smoking a bowl with your dead friend and plodding through bushes in complete vertigo.

Also, I only heard my wife call it "hells bells" but she is wiccan so? I am not sure how widespread the name is either. She said I can't believe you actually took that shit. It's for evil spells. It is as I said "evil" I will say that it did give me quite a memorable experience that I would not take back for anything. However, that is NOT a recommendation.

Last edited:
There's been quite a few threads on Datura and its friends (Brugmansia etc), the consensus is it's an... acquired taste, and without incredibly patient and meticulous dose titration and taking every precaution in the book, you're liable to get seriously fucked up.

The easy availability of it as a houseplant does not help.

If you want to read more about this I suggest you use the search engine here or look on Erowid. There are a neverending supply of bad trip reports.

Once in my younger days I tried a high dose of Diphenhydramine to achieve delirium, it was not fun in the least. All it did was make it incredibly hard to do much of anything, made me experience dysphoria, as well as a handful of other unpleasant side effects. T am very happy that I chose a pharmaceutical agent so it could be dosed accurately with plants you never know what your getting and this is not one you want to take too much of.

I say nay, there are plenty of other things that are easy to get a a hold of that can actually be fun and dont have the ability to cause a painful and unneeded death.