L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Dating after 30

Methadolz

Ex-Bluelighter
So I'm divorced and it's been 2 years since we both agreed it just wasn't working. I wanted to wait til everything was split and the papers filed. My question is how do you get back in the dating scene ? At my age (32) my friends are married and most living in different provinces and the mutual friends we had are the last ones I'd be asking to double date

So at my age where would be a good place to look? Is online dating good or is it just booty calls? I have no children and not really looking to date a guy with young kids. And I'm now on methadone and hate having to hide a part of myself. Do I tell the person right away? Or better to hide it?

If you ask me being on methadone is personal and private and you need not share that at the beginning. If you still use then that's something you would want to share. As far as dating goes I don't think it matters where you go as long as you allow yourself to be available. You can meet people anywhere from the grocery store to a funeral.

32 is not that old at all!! Lol.

Try dating apps, tinder (that's what everyone uses nowadays), etc. Try bars....

Methadone, I would wait at least a month... or two.

yeah keep the drug treatment on the DL until they know u better.

i dont inform people i'm gay first thing generally because i like them to get to know me before putting a stereotypical framework upon my actions within which through they can categorise me

32 is not too old! Lol!!! But I agree with what everyone else says, keep the methadone to yourself for awhile. Online dating is not bad, it's an easy way to find someone if you do not know where to look. But be aware that not everything is as it seems. There are a lot of fakes out there, both men and women. I guess the best advice on that is, don't invest yourself too much and too early, like the methadone thing being revealed. Talk for awhile, and expect to talk to a lot of people too. From what I have heard a woman will be overwhelmed with messages vs what the guys will get. You will get a feel for what is fake and what is real very quickly. The fake ones will seem shallow, and not have very good memories of things you discussed. That's because they will have a large list of people they have been talking too. A dear friend once told me, you do not have to have a great memory if you do not lie. I have never tried tinder, but I have used Plenty Of Fish, and it's where I found my current S.O. Best of luck to you!!

don´t tell anybody. Most people are indoctrinated to think drugs are evil and if you use them, you are a junkie. Only tell him after knowing him well and being sure hi´s open minded. Or consider stop using it.

Dating in your 30's sucks imo. As a guy trying to find someone who doesn't have kids, a shit ton of baggage and is compatible seems nearly impossible.

Oh ffs. My gf was 0ver 30 when i 'dated' her. Grow up. We've been together 22 years.

Any one persons experience doesnt really speak to the situation as a whole. I can understand where nutty is coming from, a lot of people in that age bracket have kids which if you are not into makes it limiting. I cant be entirely sure i will pursue a relationship but if i do one of the qualifying things will be no kids, i do not want them and as such i do not want someone elses. I am sure this will put limits on the partners i can get and im fine with that because its my qualifying characteristic it doesnt have to be for someone else.

But that doesnt mean you cant meet someone who you would be compatible with however, it is important they fit your desires because you dont want to feel like her kids are holding you back. It will not end well.

lol "dating after 30"

It's quite amusing that anybody might think that this would be any less fruitful than dating in your 20s.

There are no shortage of horny 20ish something women who like older men more than their fellow-aged guy friends who often can't afford to put bread on the table.

There are no shortage of horny 20ish something women who like older men more than their fellow-aged guy friends who often can't afford to put bread on the table.

That may be true but I think it's harder for a guy if you're trying to date someone closer to your age.