Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Misc Dark side of the moon at Jodrell bank

F.U.B.A.R.

Bluelight Crew
Just wondering if any of you have been to this:

I've scored a couple of tickets for me and the lad (he needs educating).

I'm also going to bore him with stories of tripping my tits off in the grounds :ROFLMAO:

I'm also going to bore him with stories of tripping my tits off in the grounds :ROFLMAO:

Good to hear from u M. This is the sign of an A1 Dad. I know, I'm only here still due to mine <3

JB and Manc. Uni's entire Astrophysics + Cosmology faculty is world class.

Pink Floyd speaks for themselves. DSOTM is one of the few albums I rate as highly as the electronic guff I'm obsessed with.

Does sound like a cool experience - I'd go if I lived nearer, would probs be epic in there if high af. Wouldn't be travelling especially for it though, just get high, headphones on and some projections on the ceiling would come close enough

If it was live and Gilmour and/or Waters was involved I'd make the effort.

Don't expect it to 'turn' your lad though, (alhough it will be difficult not to enjoy the night in question and I'm sure he will enjoy) - myself and many others have tried and failed, although I cannot complain as mine do have great taste in music (they just not keen on 'some' of mine...probably the same 'some' as yours aren't fond of I bet)

You arnt going sober are you? Thats taking being a dad way too far..

Am I fuckin fuck!! :ROFLMAO:

Planning on stopping off for a few bevvies at the pub in the nearby village of Goostrey (where I grew up), then getting a taxi down to the site and having a cheeky bifter before we go in.

The lad didn't need much persuading, when I mentioned surround sound and trippy visuals, he was well up for it :LOL:

Does sound like a cool experience - I'd go if I lived nearer, would probs be epic in there if high af. Wouldn't be travelling especially for it though, just get high, headphones on and some projections on the ceiling would come close enough

If it was live and Gilmour and/or Waters was involved I'd make the effort.

Don't expect it to 'turn' your lad though, (alhough it will be difficult not to enjoy the night in question and I'm sure he will enjoy) - myself and many others have tried and failed, although I cannot complain as mine do have great taste in music (they just not keen on 'some' of mine...probably the same 'some' as yours aren't fond of I bet)

I saw Hawkwind and the Australian Pink Floyd there a few years ago. It was fuckin epic.

The dish of the telescope was used as a projection screen.

Totally far out...

Mate went to see this in Brum and said it was class 👍 he's not even massively into Pink Floyd either, so your lad should enjoy himself

Well, me and the lad successfully navigated our way to this gig last night.

It was quite good, but could have been so much better. I wasn't that impressed with the sound quality and the visuals were a little tame for my liking, but I put this down to having seen Hawkwind so many times - the absolute masters of trippy projections. I also realised I've fallen out of love with this album. Although an undisputed classic, when you know every note, it gets a little samey.

However, the lad really enjoyed it as he's never seen anything like that before, and we got suitably wasted first, so all in all it was a top night.

Edit: I was disgusted at how straight looking the audience was. I was expecting a load of aging hippies (like myself), but what I got was a 'parents evening' vibe.

Even though I was of a comparable age to the majority of them, I felt like the naughty teenager on the back seats. What's happened to the anti-establishment?

Last edited: