• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Dangers of using legal potentiators with other drugs

Tweety1975

Greenlighter
Please don?t forget Omeprizole, Tagamet, Prilosec, Nexium, etc. almost any acid blocker/ reducer type medication, including OTC medication, potentiate most other medications by increasing its effects and its half-life (and some science stuff over my head; my apologies). A lot of sites are promoting ?natural/safe/OTC/easy/legal? recipes to boost your common prescription medication and/or party drugs.
While this is true, technically, it?s also misleading. Many people are mistaken in thinking a drug not tightly regulated is safe. On its own it may be, but these combinations can prove fatal.
I totally understand wanting to get more mileage out of your favorite recreational or prescription drugs, I?m a 20 year, controlled user myself, but I make a habit of trying to practice harm reduction first. I may make a mistake one day, but if my favorite drug isn?t doing it for me anymore at a medium- high dose with 2-4 times per week of use, I change my drug. This not work for everyone, but don?t be fooled, messing around with potentiators, herbals, blockers, exotic plants, new research chemicals and boosters is no better than increasing your dose and can catch you the same way.
I completely understand wanting to try the newest thing to show up in the shiny ads and whispered in the circles of the people in ?the know? I?m an avid experimenter but I try one at a time and get as much info as possible. The United States is usually one of the last countries to get the newbies so we have the advantage of the wisdom of others; use it.
Never assume legal and safe mean the same thing. Like mentioned above, alcohol can?t be safely mixed with ny other substance, just to reiterate my point.
Sorry about the length. Be sure to practice the best form of harm reduction and keep a buddy close and share your experiences with the community.

Last edited:
GHB; or alcohol the culprit, perhaps?

Ironically, it?s probably the GHB that pushed him over the edge towards a grand-mal seizure. My husband doesn?t have auras anymore either, though I can occasionally smell (maybe sense, but his doctor said I?m probably functioning like a seizure dog on a small scale) a different scent or sense something ?off? on him.
GHB and meth was our favorite fun combo and I broke my own rule one weekend when we got a bit of GHB to go with our meth from a trusted source.

He?s used recreational drugs (outside of weed which is generally recommended for epilepsy if you are fortunate enough to live outside the Bible Belt) maybe 5 or 6 times and we had heard about the fun times to be had with this combo, so after testing and proper dilution we went for it! It was fun, but we got lucky. I did a bit deeper research into GABA reception, GBL and GHB and found the 2nd leading cause of death for people unknowingly dosed in clubs (date-rape or doping) with GHB was uncontrollable seizure or sudden death during seizure (I forget the technical name for that, but it is a threat to all epilepsy sufferers).

Normally I?m a beast about research. But honestly with all the other substances (meth, his anti-convulsants and my antidepressants) in the mix I didn?t even think about the danger of GHB. It seems innocuous compared to meth if you believe the media hype (thank you mass media and Nancy Regan). Normally I look up every single substance on drugs.com for interactions with other drugs, medications, food, alcohol and diseases then cross reference that with personal experiences on bluelight and drugs-forum and if it?s a new drug, research chemical or exotic plant/poison I will also just troll through the net looking for experience reporting not related to the manufacture or sell of the product. Even then, I highly recommend taking a micro dose to check for reaction and allergy.

Drugs.com seems to be the most up-to-date, user-friendly and least judgmental of the medication interaction sites for pure data. I will include a link with the meds you have mentioned. It might get removed, I?m not sure if the rules allow it; I?ll have to check again since I?m newer to this site, but it?s very user friendly. Just make sure you look over the food and disease interactions as well as this is where you will find weed, alcohol, grapefruit juice (very critical and widespread potentiator, actually) and high blood pressure, seizure disorder, etc. Instead of GHB in the link I?m attaching, I typed the Rx version- sodium oxybate- trade name Xyrem since GHB wasn?t recognized, Theoretically the same, but keep in mind GHB is street dope, so, you know...

However, even though I use drugs.com often, I put more stock in the veteran posters of this site simply due to the fact that the telling of actual experience trumps reading about a possible experience outcome in theory under laboratory conditions any day.

If your friend doesn?t take the time to check and doesn?t have you around looking out for him, I can tell you, the top drugs you wouldn?t suspect, I?ve found most hazardous when mixed with anything else is alcohol, Seroquel (my bias maybe but read the articles, truly horrific, heartless company making this), any SSRI, anti-convulsants, acid blockers or reducers, beta blockers and grapefruit juice.

Have I always taken my own advice? Definitely not, but the vast majority of the time I do. I?m a recreational, occasional drug user for over 25 years with 4 years taken off to carry and nurse my two children and I?ve yet to OD and generally hold down a professional position in a company where no one would ever guess I?m up to badness. Not saying it can?t happen, the next fun research chemical or tropical hallucinogenic plant might be my downfall but I?ll have done my best.

Sorry about the long ass dissertation, lol! Currently my DOC is meth and I?m a super research nerd on day 1 of a 2 day planned binge. Not very exciting, I know. I wish I could attribute it to gaining in years or the variety of drugs and drug combinations, but no, just me. And meth. Damn you, meth. Not really. Still in the honeymoon phase. Sorry!

I love the care and harm reduction woven into your request for information. Good luck to you and yours. I wish you all the best and hope for your friend to become content with copious amounts of weed usage for his own safety. Much love from Tweety!

https://www.drugs.com/interactions-check.php?drug_list=1-10727,133-54,1579-0,2091-10778,441-0

*love in your own way, find beauty along the way, offer a hand always *

Seroquel is one of the most dangerous drugs I?ve encountered. I?m actually considering legal action over it, but that?s neither here nor there. In a person who is not psychotic and does not have a psychotic disorder or illness it can really do much more harm than good. It is in a very small class of antipsychotics capable of inducing tardive dyskinesia in as little as the first week of use, sometimes, though rarely, even at low doses. Usually that goes away with only short term use, but not always. It has been recorded to push patients who had formerly benign and manageable suicidal ideation with zero suicide attempts to violent suicidal and less often homicidal behavior.

It has been pushed by Astra Zeneca to general practitioners to prescribe ?off-label ? for insomnia with catastrophic results. If combined with common SSRI?s it can cause psychosis. It is never supposed to be prescribed to people who don?t suffer from schizophrenia or other disorders currently causing psychosis. They have paid off millions in lawsuits, but it makes them so much money they keep going with it.

ive included a link explaining tardive dyskinesia as well as a more recent article by The Washington Post.

https://www.tardiveimpact.com/recognizing-td

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...a538ca-1e27-11e8-b2d9-08e748f892c0_story.html