PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dangers of fake blotters

heerutosen

Bluelighter
Hi everyone,

Sorry if this is a noob question.
Is there a drug sold as acid that might produce a mild effect with one tab, making you take more tabs thinking it's weak acid and ending up dead?
Or is it just drugs like the NBome's which are super potent with one tab and won't make you take a dangerous amount.

Im asking this because it is very difficult to source acid, so i want to test the waters with one tab and then decide how many i need for a good trip.
I will never be stupid enough to believe a dealer saying the blotters are 50ug and just take 3 or 4 at once on a new batch, but taking one blotter should be safe even if it is something else, so my only worry is it being something that seems like weak acid making me OD next time.

(and most dealers will just say the blotters are 200ug when they really are 50ug lol)

Thanks

There are a few things that are able to be put on blotter in active doses that would be dangerous to OD on.
If you are concerned about this happening, I believe you can buy test kits to determine that the blotter contains some form of ergoloid which should rule out most of the major culprits for dangerous misrepresented blotter; namely NBOMe (and similar) qsubstances, DOx, bromo dragonfly etc.
One of the issues with any misrepresented tab is that you really have no idea whether the person laying them had any idea what they were doing, or even what a safe dose is. As well as this is the issue that - similar to the scenario you mention - some of these drugs can have an unpredictable come-up time, so rather than seeming 'weak', you may feel the effects begin to slowly take hold and assume you need more.
If you are in doubt, there are a few rule-of-thumb tests you can perform with a small portion of a tab (ie does it have a taste,does it numb your lip/tongue etc). If nothing suspicious is revealed in such tests (LSD itself shouldn't have a taste [though blotters, especially with ink on them, might], nor should it ever create a numbing sensation).

The best bet, if you are worried about getting sold misrepresented acid, is to get a testing kit.

Yeah a test kit would be best. Btw i wouldn't redose later in the trip because i know some other substances can take a lot longer to come up. I would just ride it out and take more next time if needed.
Taste is also a good one, but my last acid trip i thought it was bunk because of the taste and it turned out to be really good acid, so i was probably tasting the ink.
Mouth numbing would indeed be a big redflag imo.

I guess what i meant to say was if the entire trip was mild and you are unable to differentiate from acid would it be dangerous to take more tabs the next time.
Or are there other RC's that even though they feel like a weak trip will be fatal in a higher dose, like the one you would take with acid.

Dude you live in the netherlands, get it tested for free... first a reagent test on the spot and then it can be sent to the lab for further analysis.

check www.drugs-test.nl for locations in our supportive country ;)

Dude you live in the netherlands, get it tested for free... first a reagent test on the spot and then it can be sent to the lab for further analysis.

check www.drugs-test.nl for locations in our supportive country ;)

Haha yeah i know. Testing isn't the problem i just don't want to waste blotters when i can only get a hold of a couple every once in a while (at a relatively high price).

I guess what im hoping to hear is taking one blotter is not going to be dangerous (should it turn out to be something else) and that there aren't any RC's that will mimic weak acid and will be lethal at double or triple that dose next time.

Thanks for the advice though. In the interest of harm reduction testing would always be the best bet. And it isn't very hard for me to get stuff tested.

Haha yeah i know. Testing isn't the problem i just don't want to waste blotters when i can only get a hold of a couple every once in a while (at a relatively high price).

I guess what im hoping to hear is taking one blotter is not going to be dangerous (should it turn out to be something else) and that there aren't any RC's that will mimic weak acid and will be lethal at double or triple that dose next time.

Thanks for the advice though. In the interest of harm reduction testing would always be the best bet. And it isn't very hard for me to get stuff tested.

Unfortunately, if some idiot has jammed 4mg of an NBOMe onto your dodgy blotter, there could very well be a huge risk taking it. If you need to hear that an untested blotter of any sort is "safe", you've come to the wrong place. In some rare cases, it appears as though folk have expired from perfectly ordinary doses of NBOMe psychedelics. It's not worth that kind of risk.

It does not matter how many you have, where you got them or how likely you are to find more, if you take uknown tabs without testing them... on your own head be it.

Unfortunately, if some idiot has jammed 4mg of an NBOMe onto your dodgy blotter, there could very well be a huge risk taking it. If you need to hear that an untested blotter of any sort is "safe", you've come to the wrong place. In some rare cases, it appears as though folk have expired from perfectly ordinary doses of NBOMe psychedelics. It's not worth that kind of risk.

It does not matter how many you have, where you got them or how likely you are to find more, if you take uknown tabs without testing them... on your own head be it.

You're absolutely right.

Since NBome's make your tongue numb you can just spit it out and as far as i know there aren't any dangerous chems that do not numb the tongue. And the Netherlands only have few fakes/dangerous drugs in circulation as it is. So we are very lucky as far as that is concerned. But i realise i could've answered my own question instead of hoping for something i want to hear. I guess this thread can be closed.

Thanks again.

You're absolutely right.

Since NBome's make your tongue numb you can just spit it out and as far as i know there aren't any dangerous chems that do not numb the tongue. And the Netherlands only have few fakes/dangerous drugs in circulation as it is. So we are very lucky as far as that is concerned. But i realise i could've answered my own question instead of hoping for something i want to hear. I guess this thread can be closed.

Thanks again.
DOx chems can be hard to handle due to length, vasoconstriction, and excess physical stimulation and these chemicals do not numb your tongue.
It's foolish to make such an assumption that all psychedelics that can numb your tongue are harmful and all those that do not are safe.

DOx chems can be hard to handle due to length, vasoconstriction, and excess physical stimulation and these chemicals do not numb your tongue.
It's foolish to make such an assumption that all psychedelics that can numb your tongue are harmful and all those that do not are safe.

Ahh, see i didn't know that.

I didnt notice your location when I answered your post.
Seriously dude, you're lucky to live in a part of the world with such (comparatively) progressive drug policies. Compared to where I live, anyway.

Take advantage of it - test your blotter!

It shouldn't be a guessing game - not only is it dangerous, but it adds a level of anxiety and concern to your trip that is unnecessary and easy to get hung up on. Takes some of the fun out of it.
For peace of mind - and 'cause you can (!) - have them tested in one of the several possible ways you could do so.
Then, when you know you're working with LSD and not some mystery chemical - you can have an enjoyable trip without having to think "is this really acid?"
It's the last thing you want to be thinking about when you're tripping - there are an infinite number of better things to ponder when you're on LSD!
Be safe, and enjoy.