• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Cocaine Danger from smoking inositol or mannitol mixed in crack?

GloomyElk

Bluelighter
I know that coke cuts like inositol are considered relatively “harmless” when insufflated. But what if your preferred ROA is smoking crack? If coke has a sugar compound like inositol in it, is it safe to convert that coke to crack and smoke it, given that the chemical attributes of inositol are such that it will carry right over with the coke during the cooking process? This all assumes that an acetone wash on the original coke won’t be performed. I can’t seem to find any information regarding the potential danger of smoking one of these sugar compounds in crack.

I appreciate a question like this opens me up to comments such as, “you’re smoking crack, and you’re worried about the sugar?”. But I am legitimately curious/concerned about direct effects of the sugar on the respiratory system.

Instead of crack you could make base. I think that making base cocaine gets rid of anything other than cocaine.

Depends on whether you are going to mix the coke bicarb and water heat it then let the crack seperate out of the water solution or like I've seen on documentaries and TV mix all of them and then heat off all the water leaving everything as a solid.doing that will leave salt and inositol in your product letting the base harden out of the water solution will leave salt and inositol in the water layer which should be tipped out bcoz it's got nothing left in it.when making crack if you end up with more than you started your not doing it right.1gram of coke doesn't make 1.2g of crack it makes like .8g of crack and .4g of salt assuming that the 1g of coke to .5g of sodium bicarbonate ratio is maintained.

I appreciate the remarks about prep methods. But I’d like to go back to the original question. IF some inositol were to make it through the cook process regardless and harden with the rest of the crack, how much of a risk does it pose to the airways, lungs, etc., to smoke it? I can find absolutely nothing online about any potential risk associated with consuming it this way. But I did not want to assume that this meant it was safe.

The only thing I have found in my research is that smoking “sugar” is a terrible idea, because the sugar can recrystallize in the lungs. But I don’t know if that’s fact, urban legend, etc., as I know no one who has ever willingly smoked “sugar”. And that got me thinking then that IF true, would things like inositol and mannitol pose the same concerns...?

Ok I know a lot on this exact subject (well half of it) smoking sugar is a VERY unpleasant thing as it breaks down with heat into carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, formaldehyde and a heap of other harsh nasty poisonous migraine inducing compounds.smoking gear cut w/sugar is the worst experience in my drug taking career.that thing about crystallizing in the lungs is urban legend bullshit I've heard the same thing but about ice.its not true.it takes something like asbestos or silica dust to remain as a crystal in your lungs and not be absorbed as anything organic (carbon containing compound like meth or sugar)would dissolve thru the lung tissue into the blood so it will not crystallize and stay in there as the myth goes.now for the part I've wondered about myself do sugar alcohols ( inositol,mannitol) decompose and breakdown like sugar?
I don't know.if they do is say that residual inositol on your crack will be a very bad unpleasant thing.if they don't then it will probably be nowhere near as bad as if they do bcoz it can't get any worse than sugar.only way to test this is get some inositol on Al foil and heat with a lighter underneath and if it evaporates cleanly like ice it's all good but if it turns black and stinks and gives you a headache then it's bad.very bad.if you make your crack the way I suggested and let it harden out of the water solution that will get rid of most of the inositol like 95% of it.tip the water off and top up with clean water followed by reheating and letting it harden out of the water a second time will get it decent enough.a third time or just a quick rinse of the solid with fresh water will be ideal.not much of the inositol will precipitate out of the water with the crack as it is a water soluble compound.it won't follow the crack in less the water is evaporated.

Wikipedia says they(sugar alcohols) do not brown or caramelize with heat unlike sugar which is a good indication it would be okay to have a small inositol residue on your crack and will just give it a sweet taste as glycerine (also a sugar alcohol)does.not a guarantee but it's a good sign that it would probably be ok.

Very much appreciate your responses, draculic. I have had two coke batches in a row cut with what I strongly believe to be inositol. It’s nowhere near as sweet as regular sugar, but does have a mildly sweet aroma when cooking it, and the oil takes on a slightly thick, almost syrupy characteristic.

When cooking into crack and smoking, I notice that I don’t get nearly the usual amount of smoke from pulls, and that the stem starts to take on a dark grey/somewhat dirty brown hue after a while. However, the high itself is pretty powerful. The spoon starts to show a sticky grit around the edges when lit for a while. I previously burned a couple of pieces straight up on a knife to observe, and they did vaporize, but left behind a very thin sticky residue on the knife. This is what got me concerned about what it might be doing inside my body.

I’m going to try your prep method with more care on the next cook and see if I can hopefully cut most of the inositol from becoming part of the finished product.

Depends on whether you are going to mix the coke bicarb and water heat it then let the crack seperate out of the water solution or like I've seen on documentaries and TV mix all of them and then heat off all the water leaving everything as a solid.doing that will leave salt and inositol in your product letting the base harden out of the water solution will leave salt and inositol in the water layer which should be tipped out bcoz it's got nothing left in it.when making crack if you end up with more than you started your not doing it right.1gram of coke doesn't make 1.2g of crack it makes like .8g of crack and .4g of salt assuming that the 1g of coke to .5g of sodium bicarbonate ratio is maintained.
.5g to 1g of coke is rather alot, i use maybe a .3 to a gram, but you're correct, the oil method is going to yield less but more potent product ^ alot of people cook it down to a solid then add water to that, and recook for the oil (this yields the same as you reccomended but cooks out any remaining bicarb aswell)

Very much appreciate your responses, draculic. I have had two coke batches in a row cut with what I strongly believe to be inositol. It’s nowhere near as sweet as regular sugar, but does have a mildly sweet aroma when cooking it, and the oil takes on a slightly thick, almost syrupy characteristic.

When cooking into crack and smoking, I notice that I don’t get nearly the usual amount of smoke from pulls, and that the stem starts to take on a dark grey/somewhat dirty brown hue after a while. However, the high itself is pretty powerful. The spoon starts to show a sticky grit around the edges when lit for a while. I previously burned a couple of pieces straight up on a knife to observe, and they did vaporize, but left behind a very thin sticky residue on the knife. This is what got me concerned about what it might be doing inside my body.

I’m going to try your prep method with more care on the next cook and see if I can hopefully cut most of the inositol from becoming part of the finished product.
in all my experience cooking coke, i always go to smell it mid cook to see if its ready or not, finished good coke should have a mild chemical smell, hard to describe really as i'm out of coke but i'll responde when i get some more, probably soon

Glad to help.

in all my experience cooking coke, i always go to smell it mid cook to see if its ready or not, finished good coke should have a mild chemical smell, hard to describe really as i'm out of coke but i'll responde when i get some more, probably soon
Yes, I also gauge a lot of my cook on sight, sound and smell, so I can relate to your comment. This particular batch immediately foams and bubbles way too much upon applying heat to it, and does not produce that smell you are referring to. I am convinced it is definitely one of the sugar alcohols. And the fact that it keeps producing a sticky residue on the spoon is not a good sign.

Earlier I tried to burn a small chunk of just the coke on a knife to see what would happen. When it reached its melting point it turned into a dark orange liquid and gave off a very nasty odor and plumes of white smoke. It also produced a sticky film on the knife. There is undeniably some sugar compound in this, not to mention whatever other cut(s), and unless I try a purification method I am just about giving up on it. The more of it I’ve consumed I have felt some wicked headaches and lung tightness, and all I taste seems to be the sugar alcohol burning. After reading draculic’s post I’m concerned that this stuff is simply not worth the risks of smoking.

How is it when you just snort it? Is it decent stuff or total shit? Some stuff I got once I couldn't snort enough of it to get a decent buzz police testing revealed that it was about 30% coke which is total dogshit.you keep mentioning a spoon which makes me think that maybe if u used a test tube with a bit more water than u usually use it might work a bit better.

I’ve tried cooking it in a medium sized spoon and also a metal melon scooper which usually works great for this purpose. Unfortunately I don’t have any test tubes laying around the house to try that. I did make several attempts to cook as you suggested, but saw no noticeable improvement in the final dried product.

Snorting actually does very little for me these days after many years of using through that route. So that is never a good indicator for me nowadays on whether or not the quality is okay. I also majorly screwed up my nasal passages from many years of use, so I’m always adverse to doing that again even for a few lines.

I performed a small wash today, but had to use isopropyl alcohol (99.9) since that is all I had readily available. Not at all to my surprise the majority of the “coke” did not fully dissolve and stayed behind in the alcohol during filtration. So this was obviously cut to hell. I’m waiting for the filtered alcohol to evaporate, but after about 12 hours so far, I see very little forming on the plate. Such a disappointment because this is usually from a rather reliable source.

It’s somewhat a curse that crack is my thing. Because it really does reveal all the flaws of the original product.