• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Damn Coke Fiends - BE CAREFUL - PLUR

sham: "PLUR" stands for Peace, Love, Unity and Respect.
Usually it's just a crappy old saying that people spew forth when talking about the "cool" vibe that one has in the rave scene, but there are a lot of us, (myself included) that let that one phrase talk of something deeper.

I dont get this whole PLUR thing.
I live in the UK and I've never heard anyone even mention it, but mind you I dont go to raves. Iv read about it and to me it just sounds like a nice idea to tell someone about when they do their first pill or something.
I really dont get people living their lives by it. I go through life trying to have as much fun as possible without screwing people over in the process. I call it GTLTTHAMFAPWSPOITP. Its a crazy concept kids.

I see PLUR as just a modern expression of an age old concept. Read buddhist writings, there's PLUR there. Read the bible, Jesus was (usually) a bit of a PLURbunny. PLUR was rife in the 60's, but it just had a different name: Flower Power.
Hell, just cause we call it PLUR doesn't make it any more or less valid as a system of living, you just got to be capable of reading between the lines, dammit. If it brings peace and happiness to those who truely follow it, who are you (and when I say "you", it's not a personal attack, just a way of phrasing this question) to say that it sucks?
So, what does this have to do with Coke fiends fucking up a party? Very little.
Ahhh, fukkit.
Oh, and this was in a lighthearted tone by the way. ;)
vvvvvv
[ 27 December 2002: Message edited by: Fetish Jester ]

^^^^
Hey man I dont really have anything against it, its just it sounds a bit too much like one big pilled up cliche to me.
And I like what you said about Jesus being a PLURbunny. I swear Jesus is a communist. I've had many arguements about that before!!

This is an interesting topic that seems to have gotten bent around. This is an absolutely shitty experience. The only thing I would suggest is to make sure you're not hanging out with the type of people who would pull this shit. For this very reason, I only roll with small groups and rarely out and about in clubs or whatever. The last thing I want is for some shit to go down when I'm all fucked up.
I agree with the whole lameness of the PLUR thing. To me, PLUR is only a mantra for little raver kids to justify their stoney existence. Look, drugs are bad. I use them, most people reading this will and have used them, but at the end of the day I will teach my kids to stay away from them.
Finally as it relates to coke and aggressive behavior: There is no question people become more aggressive after a few lines. However, a vast majority of people can use and not get involved with this kind of violent, irrational behavior. My bet is this incident had more to do with your attacker's frame of mind, peer pressure, and bad decision making than it did with any drug.

I agree with LDopa about the attack having more to do with the attackers frame of mind. I am not stereotyping coke users or generalizing coke as a drug that influences violence. But the point is coke had a big part in the outcome of the night, how can that be denied? I described how the aggressors acted normal and understanding before they had to leave and irrational and violent later with no sign of justification.

[edit]
No pointless flaming, please.
[/edit]
[ 02 January 2003: Message edited by: Fetish Jester ]

^
|
|
Thanks for your valuable input.
Sounds like you had a bit of a rough night - but treat it is a lesson learned and all that.
I won't start dragging up the whole PLUR argument again, but I agree with Fetish Jester that it is essentially Flower Power rebadged with a nice acronym. No, it doesn't happen in the real world, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't try does it?
I try to be respectful of people, so I guess you could say that I "believe in PLUR" or however you want to put it.
I also like to take cocaine. Lots :)

^^^
If you have nothing to add to this thread other than pointless dribble, please refrain from posting.
All you need to do is back up your argument with some substance, and we'll leave you alone.

I've always felt that Coke is not worth it, I mean Price buzz ratio here, Anyway I tend to look at it in the way Bill Cosby said on his stand up show on tape called Bill Cosby himself, taped back in like 1980, whats the big deal about this coke you do he asked a guy and the guy said it intensefies your personailty, thats good but what if your an asshole