Dallas people - please read

makisupa

Bluelighter
Any good parties/clubs in Dallas over the holidays? I'll be in town for a week and want to hear some good tunes. Also, what pills should I be on the lookout for?

how long are you here for? as far as pills are concerned, the bomb ass white clovers should still be around.

I'll be in town from the 21st - 28th. And yes, I like the clovers. That's what I have been having here in DC.

yeah, there should be some stuff going on then. what kind of scene are you into?

Clovers are good here. Other than that if you like speedy stuff try a Rolls royce not bad but very speedy.
Pick up an observer when you are in town or stop by tower records and see if any flyers are by the front door.
PS oaklawn records has all the flyers...
Rolex goes to dallas...

Sorry I forgot to get specific. I prefer some funky house and/or breaks, but I'd be content with trance or D&B. I don't know what the scene is like there these days (its where I grew up), but I think I'd be at home wherever there are people who really appreciate the music and they go to dance. I guess a relaxed dress code (sneakers) is good. Thanks for your help.

ok, here's what i know (not very much really)
lizard lounge: breaks (probably my favorite)
decibel: jungle, D&B (very raveish)
sand bar: jungle, D&B (small, intimate. dance floor on the rooftop in deep ellum)
the wall: trance (kinda european-ish)
pulse: house/trance (again, raveish)
of course, this might vary a little bit due to christmas events and such.
there's some more that i can't think of right now, but i hope this gets you pointed in the right direction. i would definitely follow Rolex's advice and grab an observer.