View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dalily Kratom user and cacti use. MAOI Interaction question

al-laddin

Bluelighter
Ok so I would like to ask an important question in the spirit of harm reductoion.

So first let may say I am a daily kratom user and please don't lecture me on that as I have my reasons. However if abstaining from kratom and replacing it with a real opiate in order for safety is an option I can do that.

So there has been some talk or perhaps evidence of light maoi activity in kratom. Also what makes matter a bit hairier is that both tyramine and maoi's are present in psychoactive columnar cacti varieties. It is confusing and difficult to identify exactly which cactus one has. There are sooooooo many varieties and hybrids. I imagine that goes for kratom too. So many varieties and hybrids. Also alkaloid content will vary depending on so many factors for both plants ranging from species to conditions that the plants were grown in. So my question.....Is it safe to use the cacti on the same day as kratom. I don't plan on taking them together but I generally take kratom every 6 hours or so when awake. So what I will try and do is take kratom early in the day and then consume my prickly entheogen 6-8 hours later, that is if I find that it is fairly safe to do so. Otherwise a may replace my early dose of CWE hydrocodone. Thanks for the help :)

No info on MAOI activitiy and tyramine in these cacti? This is potentially hazardous for anyone consuming. More reason to do your research ladies and gents.

I've been on kratom every time I've used peruvian torch and I've never had any problems. I've even used syrian rue to potentiate my cacti while on kratom without issue.

Thanks you so much! It adds a bit of relief. Where you using kratom for an extended period (any possible ssri activity built up) prior to using the torch. What was your torch dosage. As a side note do you find that your torch is better than pachanoi(san pedro) that you've tried?

That we know of. You have to remember that Kratom is very understudied and it's plausible that one or more of it's alkaloids could have some sort of interaction with MAO.

Don't see any reason to suppose Kratom is an MAOI - and that we don't know everything is hardly a great reason to believe it is either - it's widely used; it's been combined with alsorts no problem and whilst there could be more study it's not some total unknown

Also MAOIs aren't dangerous per se; people talk a lot of crap about them; there are different sorts; you would need a fully effective dose of the right sort of MAOI in combination with other certain things to be in any kind of danger at all.

I've been on kratom every time I've used peruvian torch and I've never had any problems. I've even used syrian rue to potentiate my cacti while on kratom without issue.

Same here with the torch and kratom. No problems at all including before, during, or after. Never worked with syrian rue while on kratom though. I'd be cautious although people that have done it claim no problems. (as we see here. :D)