• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Daily Xanax user, want to drink...Take Valium instead?

Alexander16

Bluelighter
So I have a friends birthday tonight and I fucking hate mixing alcohol with xanax (I black out, get aggressive for no reason etc)
Would It be safe to not take xanax but takesome diazepam instead? I've drank while on diazepam in the past without much problems....I take 4mg xanax/day

Yes according to MY research there both Benzos so you wont have any withdrawals... but I still would recommend not drinking and just taking your xanax..

Just pace yourself when drinking... when u have a beer drink a cup of water after it... Its always better to be the last ones up at a party because u werent throwing up and shit...

Just pace yourself when drinking... when u have a beer drink a cup of water after it... Its always better to be the last ones up at a party because u werent throwing up and shit...

Sounds like a boring party to me tbh.

OP, I think any difference you experience between drinking on Diazepam and Alprazolam is all in your head tbh.

Same rules and risks apply between Xanax and Valium. If you think it helps by switching to Valium for one night, then go ahead. The truth is you can just as easily black out on Valium as you can on Xanax period. Keep an eye on your drinking and you should be alright.

you'll blackout out on any benzo if you drink with it, choose one or the other....although blacking out is pretty funny sometimes, if someones is watching your back so they can tell ya all the stupid things you did/said.

ENJOY!

Neither one is a safe choice to consume with alcohol, it's not a very good idea. Maybe if you were just drinking for the taste but drinking to get drunk? Stupid idea. To each their own, I guess, I prefer to be in control of myself and still have a good time.

There almost interchangeable one just last longer and doesn't hit as hard and one hits like a truck. If you take your usual dose and drink 1-2 beers you should be good. Don't aim to get piss drunk or you'll definitely black out.

Considering he has not posted yet I bet he blackout and did some stupid shit. lol...

Considering he has not posted yet I bet he blackout and did some stupid shit. lol...

thinking the same thing lol
5mg of valium or even 2.5mg in the morning and at night drink like 2 or 3 beers is the sweet spot for me

Always starts with one.... I find it hard to control, ill just eat a handful of diazepam or clonazolamz and neck some strong beers in the end. then wake up in a field.

Not really any difference, except for onset/duration differences which others have mentioned. I would take your dose of diazepam, let it kick in, avoid redosing, and slowly drink alcohol until you get to where you want to be. Drinking alcohol first then taking the benzo seems unpredictable.