• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Daily use of ADHD meds make me introverted and awkward?

Sobrietysucks

Bluelighter
Has anyone here experienced this problem? Used Adhd meds for 2 years every day. they make me feel like a lifeless, miserable robot. if i stop taking them i become a lazy, unmotivated person with no desire to do anything productive. I stopped all meds completely for 2 months but no improvement

I don't know why I keep taking them when they make me feel like crap. But if I don't I'm useless. So I'm fucked either way!

Last edited:
Brother you are double posting but I'll answer your question. The reason why you're introverted on ADHD meds is because you never noticed the world in that perspective, so it's like being "new" to the world, you are more reserved and rarely participate to avoid making mistakes, that's fine. Just keep exposing yourself to the outside world and your learning process will be very rapid. Yes you're awkward but there's no other way. You start by being awkward, then less awkward, then you're a full blown success. Besides, many people are awkward from birth to death, what's the big issue?

Brother you are double posting but I'll answer your question. The reason why you're introverted on ADHD meds is because you never noticed the world in that perspective, so it's like being "new" to the world, you are more reserved and rarely participate to avoid making mistakes, that's fine. Just keep exposing yourself to the outside world and your learning process will be very rapid. Yes you're awkward but there's no other way. You start by being awkward, then less awkward, then you're a full blown success. Besides, many people are awkward from birth to death, what's the big issue?
Yeah I tried socializing on meds and it feels soo unnatural. Its like acting in a movie. I have to memorize lines like a movie script and use them in conversation. everything I analyze, I am like a robot. My introspection is magnified. when the med wears off I have bad depressive thoughtss. Do you know what I mean? Is this the price I have to pay to remain a functional member of society?

No no no no...your mind is pulling you back! You're trying to remember how you interacted socially before the meds, fuck what you used to do, start fresh dude and use logic to participate to conversations. When someone talks, LISTEN, don't fucking think about what you should say, LISTEN, picture what his saying, try to find a solution to his problem, analyze, form an opinion and then participate.

Your homework assignment for tomorrow is to listen to someone talk for 2 minutes, and then write a 3 paragraph, 300 word summary of what he said, with 3 main ideas, one per paragraph.

Merry Christmas. You get the new amp experience. Depending how spun your world was before ADD medication, you can feel like your in a different world, because you are. If you have to, tip toe into the pool to get used to it. Eventually you will arrive at the correct temperature.

Have you tried taking anti-anxiety meds like benzos or SSRIs? they work a lot better than ADHD meds do for being socialy awkward. Trust me I know. Except I have both problems, Social/General Anxiety Disorder and ADHD. So I take both ADHD meds like Adderall and anti-anxiety meds like klonopin. Not to mention I was badly addicted to opiates in the past so I also take subs. You can either choose to live with it without the drugs, which for me didn't work at all!!! Feel 1000x better with them. Or if you feel like you have the will power and actually want to get off everything altogether for good, you can go that route too. It is your life, only you can truly know what is best for you! we can try to help, but we have no idea what is really happening in your mind! See a psychiatrist, if you think you would benefit from something other than your ADHD meds, or try different ADHD meds maybe?

Also, as KSA stated didn't you just make a thread exactly like this one less than a week ago? I feel like I have already posted my above statement less than like 5 days ago. Its not a huge deal OP but, if you already have a thread designated to the same exact topic, why make another less than a week later? sorry, not trying to be a dick, just naturally a very blunt person and say what I am thinking all the time. lol.

No no no no...your mind is pulling you back! You're trying to remember how you interacted socially before the meds, fuck what you used to do, start fresh dude and use logic to participate to conversations. When someone talks, LISTEN, don't fucking think about what you should say, LISTEN, picture what his saying, try to find a solution to his problem, analyze, form an opinion and then participate.

Your homework assignment for tomorrow is to listen to someone talk for 2 minutes, and then write a 3 paragraph, 300 word summary of what he said, with 3 main ideas, one per paragraph.
LOL. And post it all on here too so we can check your work!=D

Yep. I have to learn how to live again in this altered state. I am very logical and perfectionist on the meds. I will write somethinfg, erase it, re write it , erase it again because im not satisfied. Its crazy

I am in the same boat. I just didn't want to let the cat out of the bag to early. It seems that add and anxiety go hand in hand. If I were thinking about a (low as you can) dose of benzodiazepines, the long acting ones are preferred. Don't go ask anyone for anything, just explain your situation. They know.

It seems that add and anxiety go hand in hand.

Yes, it's all pervasively related. I can even see how Trump is an insecure anxious ADD ridden adult manchild and that's on a TV. What's even stranger is when we would do methbombs (meth pills) eat and or snort quarters/halves and some of us would just shut the fuck up and listen to those who are quiet otherwise. Absolutely no stimulant anxiety, it was great. Same with my Dexedrine script, but that really needed a benzo with it to keep even, not just for sleep. It was clonazepam for 4 years, after that valium, and now I don't take Dexedrine anymore, stims make feel icky and 20mg of dexedrine spansules will make me want to jump out of my skin, sweating, stinking 5 hours later. But it's in those moments that I can feel euphoria from benzos again, when they kill the stim panic/comedown. It's not something to play around too much with.

But yes, they know indeed, although they go for scripting people Intinuvir XR which is what is in Tenex in XR form up here, with the stim and lower doses. Not many people get straight up to 30mg Dexedrine or Adderal XR everyday. Anyway, about Adderal XR, I only had a script for the 25mg ones for 2 months then the government refused my doctor's description of why I needed something other than methylphenidate in all forms, I think a previous seizure incident when I was on 20mg ritalin a day (10mg in 2 doses) making them know I am pretty much "allergic" to MPH. Which is a good thing, I could see myself buying all that cheap 3-mph and 4-mph and ethylphenidate stuff if I wasn't, but even before I got a seizure, back when I was hmm. first year of college yeah, I remember the fall during first semester's fall...

Dexedrine here is the second line after MPH, no need for approval of the ministry of health to get it covered unlike Adderal/Vyvanse, I forgot to include that, and that's definitely one of my non-medicated ADD traits. I type so fucking fast I can forget why I started a paragraph heh.

Yep. I have to learn how to live again in this altered state. I am very logical and perfectionist on the meds. I will write somethinfg, erase it, re write it , erase it again because im not satisfied. Its crazy

A typical OCD trait of speed freaks, it's natural to start with often, I don't get the MUST CLEAN UP FRIEND'S APARTMENT AT END OF PARTY thing, but the lady friends did, big time, after we got there me and my then fan club (I'm joking, but I had a lot of girls competing at once for me for a while and we were doing MDMA, L and methbombs all the time for a good year or two, then I picked one basically, the one who was the least obvious about it), the apartment was cleaner than before we arrived. That specific apartment I'll remember all my life hah, it was a friend's apartment he would give me a key to friday nights when he had to be on the road working (trucker), situated on the top of a corner store, so impossible to disturb neighbours, it was perfect.

But yeah even pop culture managed to get it right, well Breaking Bad is so high end that I'm not sure it counts as pop culture, but in season 1 when Jesse is wasting a shit load of pseudo trying to cook totally clear crystal (they don't do blue stuff until they do p2p) and threw a pound or two twice in front of Badger who was totally freaking out, being the provider of pseudo. Then the box story.

Last edited:
Is there anyone else who COULDNT socialize without amphetamine? Maybe methylphenidate I can see where your coming from, but Dexedrine and even noob first period on adderall should be very pro social or you probobally do not even have a dopamine deficiency or ADD. genuine ADD is usually diagnosed wrong, as it's almost always the person who's socially awkward to begin with from add symptoms and the med lets them calm down, except when it wears off yeah add people get like snappy and unlikeable to their peers if they were banking on the med to control themselves.

Yeah it destroyed social anxiety, felt like a kid wanting to meet people to make friends again. And it worked. As we were saying social anxiety and ADD are very related.

But do you think those people that get all quiet and weirded out on amphetamine's obviously don't have add. Those people who say "I hate my meds, but I have to take them and be a zombie" sound pretty dumb since why the fuck do you think it's treating Your mental condition if that's the result you get.

At college last year I smoked a cigarette with a kid I met who takes adderall and says when he's on it he lashes out at his Roomate and stuff. it's always these people that Take like 20 xr and claim if they took like a 30 xr theyl explode.

These are also the people who claim taking like 10 mg adderall at 8 am makes them wired till they go to bed after like 4 years.

if add meds make you some nervous introverted isolated demon at like 10-20 mg...I've got some bad news

It's time to turn em in and go take some 5 htp or klonopin or Modifinil or something, cause you must have enough "contentment" already, and are just anxious, tired, or bitchlike.

Since ADD is not about energy and fatigue, it's about lack of satisfaction with the moment because you're thinking of other stuff you want to be doing instead , or lack of ability to want to settle your mind for hive minded 9-5 living/inhibited style fake socializing. You guys know, on amphetamine's you can out win all the "society" normal kids at their own game.

Dopamine worshipping "normals" who care about social status think your like an über tier person on D amph it's hilarious.

Even genuine adhd people monkey around with the med when addiction takes over, like those people who wolf down like 70 IRs or something dumb in their first year of taking them. And then they come online and say I'm at 275mg/a day etc. Sorry, but you fucked up, how do you care so little about what it even feels like even that even as an addict you'd subject yourself to multiple hundreds worth of adderall a day.

Last edited:
No actually, I think people who get quiet and listen and find people interesting actually points out they have undiagnosed ADD, not in all cases I bet, but for a few girls I know, indeed, and ADD is thought of as a male brain problem so girls rarely get any treatment for it. One of them who was so much smarter when taking a meth pill (oral meth is alright, Desoxyn is apparently even smoother than Dexedrine, too bad it's not available in Canada) was given bullshit like Nozinan (a strange antipsychotic that is also an extremely strong painkiller! it's such a weird drug, I had it for sleep sometimes and it indeed kills pain, I'd take one of her old Nozinans by mouth and shooting up morphine or Dillies then was so much more pleasant, which is strange for an antipsychotic. It's pretty mild though. Look it up, it's not used very much in the US, I forgot the generic name but yeah, girls don't get diagnosed for ADD much at all).

And yeah, even my mom said I was much better than I ever was when I finally went to see a doctor by myself after the failed Ritalin experiment a year earlier (MPH gives me seizures) and got myself a Dexedrine script. 20mg spansules in the morning (2x10) then 2x5mg IR at 4 pm if I had homework/actual work after school and I was bored as fuck and couldn't get myself to do this shit without the medication. I would make anybody my friend on stims, I think it's kinda the point and why its a party drug for many people, when they only have it orally or snort small doses, thank god there's no crystal here. When MDMA became a bit more rare around 2008, white (they're always white, its to guarantee its speed) meth pills sold as speed are all the rage, doesn't look like some hard drugs, and it's definitely less dangerous when having an oral dose, lasts longer, crash is much easier to take, you can drink beer like crazy. My friend who naturally attracted people cos he's so fucking punk, I did too, but not like him, I met so many girls thanks to him heh, yeah, he finds me more interesting when I'm on a stim than if I just smoke weed and drink beer, then he doesn't talk to me much. He's my best friend but we can't endure each other much because of really old shit he won't forgive or something, but yeah, he's the guy who I had the key to his apartment and later house just to have a safe house to party anytime for when he was working. That dude after massive pcp and lsd doses in 2000-2001 and a psychosis that took almost a decade to totally fade away, he still managed to norm out everyone else, got a house first in all my circle of friends etc. and he's really against drugs now. He says different and is the real old friend when he takes LSD or MDMA, when drunk enough (of course alcohol is acceptable to him, and doing stupid shit while drunk is acceptable behaviour, like wanting to touch my girlfriend's tits when in summer and she had one of those purple tanktops I didn't mind her wearing, I'm not that kind of asshole who tells his girlfriend they look like sluts and to dress differently than they want.

Anyway, yeah, the guy thinks only alcohol is acceptable now since about 2008, he let us smoke weed and if he didn't know, be on LSD or whatever, and of course, when I said I had some, he'd want to buy a quarter sheet, when drunk as fuck, and he loved me then as I was stimmed like crazy.

Last edited:
No actually, I think people who get quiet and listen and find people interesting actually points out they have undiagnosed ADD, not in all cases I bet, but for a few girls I know, indeed, and ADD is thought of as a male brain problem so girls rarely get any treatment for it. One of them who was so much smarter when taking a meth pill (oral meth is alright, Desoxyn is apparently even smoother than Dexedrine, too bad it's not available in Canada) was given bullshit like Nozinan (a strange antipsychotic that is also an extremely strong painkiller! it's such a weird drug, I had it for sleep sometimes and it indeed kills pain, I'd take one of her old Nozinans by mouth and shooting up morphine or Dillies then was so much more pleasant, which is strange for an antipsychotic. It's pretty mild though. Look it up, it's not used very much in the US, I forgot the generic name but yeah, girls don't get diagnosed for ADD much at all).

I meant quiet in the way that a kid who feels bored easily and can't engage or relax their attention on enjoying themselves as normal unless somethings like a niche, analytical topic, or deep discussion comes up. Or it's a situation where trolling or being loud or amused makes it worth it. As in can't deal with small talk, withdrawn from wanting to interact in settings where everyone's expected to "chill".

I really think Girls barely have ADD, because they all enjoy doing nothing as if there already rewarded for being girls and being alive. I don't think a ditzy girl who is stupid means add. Since even dumb girls can focus on the little things in life they like that are dumb.
Most girls can chill in a room and not get that dissatisfied, and the ones with ADD are usually the ones who don't like to hangout with girls. Because they are not Content with the moment, like most guys.

Low dopamine is an aggressive thrashing state. The woman with add are usually intelligent but angry and territorial, hence I think it's more natural that higher serotonin lower reward/dopamine is a male trait and women generally are blessed with the feeling we get on Dexedrine all the time. But they are way less likely to have that man background comfort and happiness.

In a way women look like they are tweaking since 95% of them can enjoy focusing and looking at the most mundane shit and stay interested and surprised . I could say the same for maybe 25% of males.

Non mental disorder Women who can't get their shit together in life are either stuck in degeneracy/drugs/partying or their IQ is too low like both genders.

I think any average non drug addict girl is WAY better at sitting content with the mundane steps of society. Remember school? Lol

Last edited:
It's as if stimulants are a materialistic good basically for all those who can't find any value in the rewards society has to offer for being apart of things and becoming some globalist identity who exists to be an atheist on a grind for money lol.

Stimulants are so shallow that they make you the least shallow of all Haha. Because your saying fuck the accomplishment competitive socialized itch il just patch it up with 30 Dex, yay I feel as regarded as a billionaire now I can move on in life with reality and not be unable to feel content with myself just because I lack something materialistic or still have wants for things that Aren't loving your family. If it's not loving your family, nature, friends, or activities special to you, or your career for stability, it's all just the same feeling as an Upper to engage the material world.

I really think Girls barely have ADD, because they all enjoy doing nothing as if there already rewarded for being girls and being alive. I don't think a ditzy girl who is stupid means add. Since even dumb girls can focus on the little things in life they like that are dumb.
Most girls can chill in a room and not get that dissatisfied, and the ones with ADD are usually the ones who don't like to hangout with girls. Because they are not Content with the moment, like most guys.

Not true that girls barely have ADD. Maybe less on average than males, but assuming that all girls enjoy doing nothing as if we are rewarded for being girls is the stupidest opinion I've ever heard.

Well, in all cases, it helps them pass classes they would not pass because they're fucking boring, like all the mandatory French and English classes (4 of french, 2 of english) where I had to write dissertations about novels...it ate a lot of energy from the actual program I was in, I failed French II 4 times because it's so boring, the first French class is Fables, stories you are told as a kid, Fable de la Fontaine and others from England or Germany, middle ages fables, then II is classic french litterature, depending on the book, I could make the damn thing, but if the books we were forced to read, no choice, and there was 3 of them for the semester we had to analyse and write dissertations on, English I and II was pretty much that also, and thankfully once I passed French II, III (Quebec Literature) was much more interesting, most words I didn't have to look at the bottom notes describing what the words mean, stuff more close to the present and French IV which was some hardcore grammar, but that's stuff to learn by heart which is always fucking easy even if boring as hell. (them being anyone with ADD/ADHD, the H, I got rid of, my parents helped and were not shit parents, I played serious league hockey and baseball and I had an invitation to the Detroit Red Wings farm club in the American Hockey League, the league under the NHL, it didn't mean the Wings were interested in me, it meant the AHL team was interested in seeing me in training and pre-season. But Adirondack and a 1/50 chance or so that I made it in the Adirondack Wings were not enough for me to pay all that money to go there, no expenses paid for undrafted invited older than 20 player. When you get 20 and nobody drafts you, it's normally over, but I had chances, considering I had 2 actually really good AAA seasons. Anyway, i say the H part is easy to get rid of by having your kid do some sports, and play with them at first to see what interests them, normally a 5 year old boy with the kind of energy I had would want to play anything. My dad mostly focused on the baseball part, he can't skate real well, but he showed me how to be a catcher, which is a lot harder than most people think, just keeping that position for a whole game when at defense is hard enough on the knees. I think my right knee is the reason I didn't make it, I got hit by a car when going through the only large traffic street in between a friend of mine and my parents house back in the 5th or 6th grade..I had time to see it and turn around, and he was driving slowly (40km/h). As I grow older I see how my right knee and right elbow is crooked, more than the natural crooking of the arms that can happen when you're born, more girls than guys get it, but unfortunately I got that "defect". But the accident where I just got hit on my knee and elbow and I said to the guy I was fine and was walking towards my house, I was almost there, but he said, my wife is a nurse at the ER right now, you'll be seen quick and I don't want you to come back and ask me for 50k later in your life" as a kid of joke, the guy turned out to know my dad, my dad is apparently really known due to his hard drinking downtown fighting, random blank blotter sheet LSD dosing (he had the liquid, when he admitted to it, he was like, ha-ha you never got to buy liquid L hahaha). I told him nowadays it's blotter that's been laid since months normally and I saw microdots only once in my life, well no twice, the first time I passed, was still barely just smoking hash. He told me he had windowpane geltabs and all this rare shit when he came clean about this all and I laughed so hard when he said, people also took those "TH/THC" pills that contained both lsd and pcp, my dad knew it wasn't THC in them and refused to do pcp.

Anyway, as you can see, I am not under any treatment for ADD, I just go from a subject or anecdote I find interesting to another. I'm waiting for the damn mailman (shit I miss regular mail boxes on our houses that are there for nothing nowadays.) Those community mailboxes were very Un-Conservative like, but of course all political parties or persons that claim to be Conservative has no idea what being Conservative is. The old Progressive-Conservative Party was a real conservative party, until its downfall and destruction by that idiot Mulroney in the early 90's. Anyway, it's just so dumb to have to wait much longer for your mail to arrive, because now the mail guys have trucks and there's those community boxes, you're assigned a case, and in case you got a big package, they put the thing at the bottom where's there's large ones and put a key in your case, which you put back there once you've taken your package. I don't understand how it works if somebody else has a large package, they will see the neighbours' boxes or whatever. When the Liberals got in, they did two quick moves, got us out of Syria bombing which is totally useless, and stopped further installation of community boxes, so some people in some towns managed to keep delivery to their door. Of course the elections were set so the day he got in, our community box was installed. Anywhere where there was still a prepared hole in the ground for them.

Anyway, I'm rambling and slightly benzo withdrawing, I only have the one half 6mg bromazepam for the day, and then i'm out until next wednesday, but yeah, I got somethin in the mail that can make all that go away..just hoping its today and not tomorrow it'll arrive.

I did not say girls were happier with life than guys. Im talking about specifically the ability to enjoy ANYTHING, even boring classes like the above poster said they win at
. Men find interesting things more interesting. More girls than guys can zone out to like an English class and not really notice the boredome. i was in all honors classes, the guys tend to be either really smart or specifically concerned with doing well as a motive, but it's active torture lol. 'More Girls can enjoy just a blend of not really needing to care to pay attention, and they can find any random shit interesting. That's kinda what stims emphasize, that feminine part of the brain to tune in with emotion and interest to crap lol.

Like take < list dosages with milligrams listed, so people know what you mean> a therapeutic dose of Dex, certain music sounds good for the sake of sounding good even though you don't even like it necessarily. That's what woman like just pop music playing to listen to with no real connection to it just cause it tunes the that vibe. Not all women of course, but the majority base their interests on quick in the moment feel good tastes. men typically like music for the package. The band, the settings and messages they sing etc. we like music that commands an audience where the singer sounds like he's "great" per day.

Rap music is also woman dopamine brained it's just a guy singing his emotions.

Men HATE idols.
Men hate pop star rap shitbags

Men love kings.

Men love Eminem, biggie, Tupac

Women love just the idea of a person famous singing as like a "star". Men don't.

But certain ignorant rap songs sound actually pleasurable on Dexedrine when the woman/beta male brain is activated.

Last edited by a moderator: