• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Daily use of Adderall + Klonopin + Alcohol

Olympia

Greenlighter
Hello, I am new to the forum and I have a question that has been eating me up for days, figured this would be the best place to get an aswer.

I have a legal prescription for Adderall and Klonopin because of my ADHD and anxiety issues. Every morning I take 20mg of adderall IR and 0.25-0.5 of Klonopin. This combination is fairly good because the Klonopin reduces the "shakiness" and the anxiety that comes from the adderall but in my opinion it lessens the focusing effect of adderall by a bit.

Anyways, I have a vacation trip coming up in a few weeks that will involve a lot of night clubs and drinking on a daily basis. I have consumed alcohol while under the influence of adderall only and I felt nothing negative, in fact, i found it impossible to get drunk regardless of how many drinks i had, just felt more alert.

My question is, what would happen if I take my daily dose of Adderall + Klonopin in the morning and then consume a fairly high amount of alcohol throughout the day, would this combination be to risky? I've never drank a single drop of alcohol while under the influence of a benzo so I don't know. The reason that I am asking this is because if I don't take the Klonopin I would feel extremely anxious on the night clubs and anything that would require social interaction. I just don't want to do something stupid.

Any feedback about this combination please? because from what I've researched, Benzos and alcohol don't mix very well but since my Klonopin dose is fairly low, and adderall just makes me alert but not drunk/high, I might be able to get away with it?

To break it down:
8 AM - 20mg Adderall IR + 0.25-0.5 of Clonozapem (Kpin dose varies depending on how anxious i feel)
9 AM- 2 AM of the next morning - Alcohol throughout the day ( I would be drinking in the morning in the beach and then later on drink more at night clubs)

The holiday would be 6 days long, so that's 6 consecutive days of my prescribed pill dose in the morning + fairly high amount of alcohol

Thank you for reading this long post guys.

I can't help you out much regarding the combo of the three. But I just wanted to give you a cautionary warning about how you say you feel you can't get drunk because of the adderall. Since your talk a lower dose you should be fine. But I've read that this has the potential to be dangerous because since the adderall makes you feel like you can drink and drink with your feeling drunk you might be more susceptible to alcohol poisoning. But if your familiar with drinking on adderall and know how much your body can handle you should be fine. But I'd just thought I'd put it out there. I don't drink often but I have before while on 15mg adderall xr. I had the same issue as you not feeling as though I was drunk so I did a little research and that's what I found out.

EDIT: drink and drink withOUT feeling drunk

Last edited:
Yes, drinking on those 2 medications is quite dangerous. Your dose of Klonopin is quite small, and that's the more dangerous one, but drinking on amphetamines is tough on your body and you'll definitely be feeling run down by the end of your trip.

from personal exp and what i think what will happen all youre gonna do is cancel out the adderall
if you are gonna binge drink a bit i wouldnt take a benzo either as alcohol is a liquid form of a benzo IMO
and yeah im sure you are gonna have one hell of a come down

ive actually done the exact same combo and the transition from hyped up to the slurred phase wasnt a pleasant exp
more of a body shock more than anything

Since you're taking that dose of klonopin daily and it is fairly low, you will be fine don't worry.

Wouldn't recommend it just keep alcohol dose down and be careful if you must do it.

Guys I truly appreciate the feedback but there seem to be a few mixed opinions that contradict each other, some say its fine, some say I should definitely not do it.

Any more feedback from truly experimented users that have tried the combination/ something close to it?

I have done benzo's with alcohol... Watch your alcohol intake... While on benzo, it seems as if you drink 6, feels like you drank even more... If your drinking alot, then you might black out.. I have a few times, and on low dose benzo's... One time I was really drunk, and got a pill that in my mind was ativan... I took it and started bouncing off the walls when I got home, instead of going to sleep... It was in fact, an adderall, and my first one at that... I was up, at that point 3am, until 10am... That was kind of fun... Alcohol and benzo I am familiar with... Watch intake of alcohol.. Idk about amphetamine though... It was fun for me that one time... I am going to do it again, w/ adderall and alcohol in a few weeks, so we will see how that works out!!

This is almost my life in a nutshell. 40 mg of ritalin, 1 mg of klonopin, and 10 mg of ambien every day. Then, alcohol usually 3-4 days out of 7. To be honest man, if you take the klonopin in the morning, drinking at night won't be a problem. Drinking on ritalin is fun for me, but when I drink on adderall it's a crapshoot. I can either be almost completely sober, however much I drink (like you said), or I can get wildly unpredictable, aggressive, and on few occasions, violent. Adderall isn't for me anyways. Anyways, if you're taking just adderall, and then that small amount of klonopin 6-12 hours earlier in the day, there shouldn't be much to worry about. Don't get too used to it though. Taking ritalin, klonopin, ambien, and alcohol *every* day for extended periods of time (as in, 5 days in a row, then a break, and another 5 days in a row, continuing for a few months), has raised my tolerance to each drug much higher than I would like.

As an example, I obviously find it easier to study when I take my ritalin, but it's "easier" when I drink. Long story short, my tolerance for ritalin (because I was drinking heavily also for 15-20 days in a row during finals) rose from 40 mg/day to 80-90 mg/day for the same effect. Finals have been over for a few days but I can't wake up without my ritalin anymore. This has happened probably around 30 times before, and it goes away in a few days, but I cannot speak for adderall.

Use caution and judgement.

Exactly... Use your judgement... I really can't see it going to bad though when your cautious..

My personal experiences doing benzo w/ beer, about 2-3 pitchers, was not the smartest decision, and I ended up with no clue what happened the night before, how I got home, or anything...