daily head pain / ache for months

o

Bluelighter
Hi everyone,
I’ve been meaning to post about this situation I’m in for a long time now...
I’d REALLY love to hear back from anyone who has experienced anything like this or is going through something similar - this situation has become one of substantial worry for me due to how long it has lasted... and in this length of time I have speculated wildly as to the potential implications of what it could be.
For nearly 5 months now (since early August) I have been experiencing persistent sensations in the back, left side of my head. They began initially after doing 4 pills over the course of three nights. At first I described the feeling as a headache - though it very rarely is intense enough to describe as a pain. More of a dull, pressure or simply a strange, slightly unpleasant feeling that can range from the top of my neck, up to the rear-top of my head, always on the left side. The feeling is almost always to some extent there, though it does range in intensity from something I can pretty well completely ignore - to periods when it is intense enough that it is hard to focus on anything else - these times are when my mind tends to despairingly think about potential long-term damage that has resulted from my E use, that these feelings will never go away, and that I will never be the same.
In terms of my Ecstasy use up until the point when this all began... I started using E one year prior to this (August of 1998). Since then it could be described as reasonably heavy compared to many mild users, I realize it was probably too much now and regret taking it so lightly at times. I’m not sure of an exact number, but during that year I probably took between 60 - 100 pills in total. Typically 2 - 3 pills over the course of a night on any particular occasion.
When the ‘headaches’ began in early August I stopped taking E and didn’t again until the middle of September when I took 2 pills at Citrus here in Toronto. I get hopeful at times that they are going away as sometimes they won’t be bad for a day or so... I think before this party I felt this way, and partly wanted to test out whether taking E again would cause any impact. They didn’t worsen or get any better after that and I have not done any Ecstasy since.
After they had persisted for about 2 months I went to the doctor and was completely honest about my drug use. He said to wait another month, so I did. I went back at the end of November as nothing had improved and now am scheduled to have a CAT scan performed on January 23. He doubts whether we will find anything and doesn’t seem to think there is damage. I have done fairly significant amounts of research about E, and if what I am experiencing is due to the type of damage many people hypothesize E causes (to serotonin axon terminals) I doubt the damage is physically large enough to detect with a CAT scan.
One question I have not been able to establish a clear answer for is whether or not damage to serotonin axon terminals would be felt in the form of a physical sensation such as this. Aside from the moments of worry relating to possible implications of these feelings, I am not and have not experienced any depression that could be a sign of damage to the serotonin system.
I have searched many times on bluelight.ru and elsewhere for any postings or reports of similar experiences to mine and have found very few. One points out something similar but describes it as ‘brain freeze’ - which I related to immediately. In a certain sense it feels as though that part of my head has been anaesthetized. But they said the longest this has lasted for them was 3 1/2 weeks. One other posting mentioned a headache in the rear of their head while tripping on acid. I have done shrooms a couple times since this all began and find I can’t enjoy it because this feeling becomes exaggerated to the point where I can’t enjoy the trip.
If anyone know anything about what this might be, or can offer ANY insight into my situation whatsoever, I’d really love to hear back from you. Five months is a really long time to put up with this, especially when left hanging with basically no knowledge of what’s going on...
Thanks so much,
and I apologize greatly for the length of this posting!
I just felt I had to include everything that might seem important.
Oli Goldsmith
[email protected]

Your brain has no pain-receptive nerve endings in the brain..so even if you cut out a portion, you wouldn't feel any pain. So the damage to your 5ht neurons isn't reflected by your pain..My advice is to go through with the CAT, and perhaps an MRI scan. If I had to guess, I would say you have a level of hypertension, or a previous condition which was brought out by straining your system with amps. Don't worry you'll live. Just don't be a hypochondriac
smile.gif
Go to the doc and keep us posted.

As well, if you are willing to look at alternatives... Check out someone who can do Cranial Sacral Therapy for you. Its an amazing process that looks like it could really help you. Its almost like a threaputic massage on your brain where the practitioner works not only on your head itself but on the inside of your mouth as well. Its hard to explain but I have had a few treatments, both when I had chronic headachs and after my wisdom teeth were removed and my jaw and back of my head siezed up on me. Check it out,
I'm from Toronto too and I know the best place to find out more is at the Upledger Institute where they train people in it- mostly massage therapists and chiropractors. I know caus my mom studied there as well as one of my friends. If you are short money than you could probably ask them for a discounted treatment from a student as well.
The best of luck,
Jennika

I don't know if this is related to your experiences... or not... but here is something that has happened to me.
often times, even before e... but I suppose moreso since I started doing it, but I am a sufferer of INTENSE clinicly diagnosed migraine headaches. I am not sure if this is what you are talkign about, but sometimes the feeling can be likened to having drank and entire slurpee in 30 seconds... that eye wincing, tearing, awful, all encompassing pain... but it doesn't go away.
The important thing to remember is that corelation does not nessisarily implay causation... in other words, it could have nothing to do with your E use.
I have also had a(n emergency) CT scan and absolutely nothing showed up to indicate any sort of physical cause for these headaches. (anurism, tumour, etc) which I suppose is a good sighn, but there isn't much you can do about it.
Discuss the possibility of migraines with your doctor, he might be hung up on the drug use... but you have to think back, and ask yourself, "did I ever experience this feeling BEFORE?"
keep a log of the headaches... what you eat, when you sleep... how much you sleep, if you wake up... etc. it's basicly a factual diary of the things that COULD be causing it.
My headaches have been increadibly hard to control, and have landed me in the hospital, with all sorts of drugs, including morphine, dripped into my veins.
basicly what I am getting at, is that it may have absolutely nothing to do with your e use. or lack there of. and I would hate for you to miss out on the experience for the rest of your lfe for fear of it.
Also, since you have been so honest with your doc about your drug use, you can even log THAT in this journal, and see if there is some sort of corelation... for example, pot lands me in the ER almost consistantly. but I have never had a migraine within a few days of dropping e. it could be any number of things, and I realy hope that you get better. and like promo said, keep us posted. =)