• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Daily Benzo use - tapering advice

RT_4

Bluelighter
Ive been using Xanax daily for a while now with the occasional Vallium. At first it wasnt too much but its turned into alot since my tolerance has gone up massively i think, like 10 bars daily maybe more. I’ even on a bunch of xanax and vallium right now, the recreational effects are almost entirely gone, i just dont worry as much but my inhabitions go down which is why i take so many a day. How should i go about getting off these should i quit cold turkey or taper slowly. If so, any advice for tapering. Also can you taper off Xanax with Vallium does that work the same. I need some advice ❤️ Also is it okay to use valium daily as long as its not for very long. I need indepth answers to all these questions sorry I know this is alot to deal with i just need help/advice. Because ive been heavily abusing xanax daily. Also any questions you need to ask for more information pls ask. Thank you all ❤️

Last edited:
How should i go about getting off these should i quit cold turkey or taper slowly
Slow and easy if ya can take a 10% drop in dosage every week or two and stay stable. Dosages may change a little +/-...?
Stop the diazepam (valium) if possible during taper. Ya may needed it at the end. idk
can ya get ya hands on pregabalin? gabapentin? can help in comfortable landing iirc
oh and try to stay busy and drinking/eating right.
Keep posted, yeah?
Thanks

Slow and easy if ya can take a 10% drop in dosage every week or two and stay stable. Dosages may change a little +/-...?
Stop the diazepam (valium) if possible during taper. Ya may needed it at the end. idk
can ya get ya hands on pregabalin? gabapentin? can help in comfortable landing iirc
Keep posted, yeah?
Thanks
Thank you so much. I just have a problem, i have very little xanax left, not much money and only a few valium. But does valium not help you taper off Xanax, do you have to taper individually off both differently? I do have pregabalin. I was and still plan on using it recreationally, how would that help with my tapering can i ask? I just dont wonna overload my brain with to many drugs. How and when should i take pregabalin if it were to help with comming off xans?? Sorry loads of questions? I just really wonna protect my brain from any damage from all this abuse. But i’m willing to do anything if it helps me come off xanax ❤️

Thank you so much. I just have a problem, i have very little xanax left, not much money and only a few valium. But does valium not help you taper off Xanax, do you have to taper individually off both differently? I do have pregabalin. I was and still plan on using it recreationally, how would that help with my tapering can i ask? I just dont wonna overload my brain with to many drugs. How and when should i take pregabalin if it were to help with comming off xans?? Sorry loads of questions? I just really wonna protect my brain from any damage from all this abuse. But i’m willing to do anything if it helps me come off xanax ❤️
Keep posted, yeah?
Thanks
So am i allowed to do pregabalin if theres xanax in my system? Sorry im very high right now so need some instructions on usage and stuff. Like what would you do in this situation.

Ive been using Xanax daily for a while now with the occasional Vallium.
This dose doent include dosage of what when how often.
How long? If ya dont have enough to taper i hope someone else can come up with a solution.
Start dropping now even if it is just a dose here or there. Cant hurt in the long run, imo/e.

This dose doent include dosage of what when how often.
How long? If ya dont have enough to taper i hope someone else can come up with a solution.
Start dropping now even if it is just a dose here or there. Cant hurt in the long run, imo/e.
So i’d say ive been slowly increasing day by day for a few weeks. Its hard to say, I bought 3 bottles of 60 2mg XR (alwys chew or parachute them) started slow but then binged on them for a few days like 54 in like 4 days, continued using after than increasing from maybe 2 and a half daily to now like 12 pills a day with an occasional few valiums in the mix (10mg) I might be able to get some off my very close friend to help me taper if this sounds bad. But i wouldnt know what to say because she worries alot about benzos and she worries if she gives me any ill get addicted. So i’m not sure

Last edited:
Sounds risky.
Do not cold turkey. If you have limited supply, decrease dose more aggressively in the beginning, because you have used so short time so you can do that. Use small-medium doses of pregabalin to ease it but don't replace all the benzo with that, it is not probably enough.

Alcohol IN MODERATION, as It will replace the benzo addiction easily though. Im a recovering 24/7 drunk but now Im on K-Pins.
But if you dont have a drinking problem , a few drinks will help during hard times as they affect the same receptors and CNS, Phenobarital will also alleviate some symptooms

IMO alcohol has surprisingly hard time to level out benzo WDs. I did average 0,5 l 4,5 % beer (well, some of it was liquor but anyway) per hour for 80 hours when I completely dropped off of benzos. I felt horrible anyway. After 80 hours I realized I need to get more benzos.
I'd use it only in emergency, it is better than dropping off dead. Chances are withdrawing takes so much time that you would need to withdraw of alcohol after you are done. And you would need to be really drunk ALL THE TIME, WITH NO BREAKS.

a few drinks will help during hard times
alcohol is not advised to be main component of withdrawing but this is true. If you need to get outside or do some errands whatever drink or five can be enough to make it possible

Benzos are best to be tapered with discipline and things like gabapentinoids and alcohol are best used for medicinal need so you don't need to go backwards in tapering if you feel like you need relief for reason or another. For filling the gaps.

I might be able to get some off my friend to help me taper if this sounds bad. But i wouldnt know what to say because she doesnt know alot about benzos and she worries if she gives me any ill get addicted.
Tell her that you fucked it up already and you are in danger if you have not got enough drugs.

Tell her that you fucked it up already and you are in danger if you have not got enough drugs.
If I don’t taper with the Xanax will my tolerance stay high forever? Because i’ve heard thats a thing. And i also have a very small supply of pregabalin. I have just taken it too far rn. But i want this to work so i can use valium as intended, for when i start my Zoloft. Cuz my anxiety can be a bitch. So I plan on just giving them all to my friends so they can give it to me for panic and stuff.

If I don’t taper with the Xanax will my tolerance stay high forever? Because i’ve heard thats a thing
If you do not stop the xanax the tolerance will rise.
If you taper off and abstain for a while tolerance drops. Just my experience.
Not trying to scare you but the warning of sudden cessation of heavy dose benzo abuse can lead to siezure and possibly death.
Be prepared (just in case) to seek an emergency room or call an anbulance if everything starts getting too much.
Hope the best
P