• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Dabs

MPRebel06

Greenlighter
I have some dabs but no rig to smoke it with. What's the best/easiest way to smoke it?

Put it on top of some weed in a bowl, or put it on top of some ashes.

you can also put it inside/outside a joint but that's pretty wasteful imo if you don't have a lot. People will even melt it and rub it onto cigarettes when they're desperate

Put it on top of some weed in a bowl, or put it on top of some ashes.

you can also put it inside/outside a joint but that's pretty wasteful imo if you don't have a lot. People will even melt it and rub it onto cigarettes when they're desperate

This. You can try hot kniving but IME I've never had much luck and wasted more that way than I would have in a joint. Also, I don't have stainless steel knives and burnt the shit out of my butter knives and probably inhaled some pretty nasty shit in my attempt to get stoned. I'm sure people do it, but I'm not sure it's very advisable with the health risks considered.. although I'm sure gravity bongs and plastic smoking rigs have to be pretty terrible as well.

Place the dab on a hookah coal or the ember of a cigarette and chase with a tube that won't melt, like a paper towel roll cut in half.

hot knives?

I was always interested in hot knives but never tried it, since oxidized stainless steel (most kitchen knives) can be very harmful when inhaled. You can get metal fume fever, it's quite toxic.

You can special order Grade 2 Ti knives which should be safe if they are actually 100% Gr2 Ti and not "Chinese" Ti.

A good torch is always helpful when dabbing w out the proper rig. Spread thinly on a good bong pack and u Will be high on no time

I'd say unless you really know how to feather a small torch over a bowl with shatter in it, you might end up combusting too much of it.

I like sandwiching it in my bowl (pack 2/3 weed, put the shatter in the middle so it doesn't stick to the glass, then put the other third of weed on top) to protect it from the flame from a bic lighter, and then I just corner as soft as I can. The bowl lasts so long this way, and is an effective alternative if you can't dab with a rig.

Thanks for the tips, just got some shatter and waiting on my rig to arrive.

Not a problem! Even with a drug as safe as cannabis, whether it's extracted (dabs) or in flower form, this community tries to further public HR (harm reduction) knowledge in order to minimize as much personal and societal harm that can come from using drugs through sharing anecdotal experiences, through sharing information about the psychopharmacology behind these drugs, and by reading each other's responses and elaborating on them.