• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Dabbing in an illegal state\ how to make rosin

DrugsInc

Greenlighter
I want to start dabbing because I feel like flower isn't getting me as high as it used too. Unfortunately I live in entirely illegal state where even medical is illegal. I have a rig and a torch and nail but no dabs. Apparently I can make rosin by using parchment paper, bud and a hair straightener, but i'm not sure if this is true or how to go about this without wasting bud which is relatively expensive here. Also how is the high for someone who just dabbing after being a daily 2-3 joint or blunt smoker for about 6 months? And is it true that the smell is a lot easier to conceal compared to regular smoking? Thanks in advance.

The smell is easier to conceal. I don't know shit about making it. The high is intense mentally but weak physically. You won't get that couchlock you'll get the lofty heady THC high like some potent sativa or hash.

BHO is pretty easy to make and there are a lot of 'how to' videos around the place - some use the butane method to extract the THC, do this outside with no flames and or source of ignition others use the straighteners (set on low temperature) to extract the oils from the bud. Both would work but I don't know which gives the best yield, but with the butane method you can use everything - stems, trimmings etc.

Instead of jumping to dabbing have you tried a bong or vape ?

^please don't do that. It's much more complicated than just blasting a can of 'tane through a PVC pipe in your backyard.

Rosin is MUCH safer and will more than likely give you a better product than open blasting without a vac oven.

Check out @primal.drops on IG, he has a good simple method using a hair straightener and a handheld vice grip.

super easy to make, I had a thread up here awhile ago with yield results etc but I can't seem to find it.

Here's the video I made though of the process from the thread:

^please don't do that. It's much more complicated than just blasting a can of 'tane through a PVC pipe in your backyard.

Rosin is MUCH safer and will more than likely give you a better product than open blasting without a vac oven.

Check out @primal.drops on IG, he has a good simple method using a hair straightener and a handheld vice grip.

Sorry if my post suggested it was as simple as 'blasting a can of tane through a pvc pipe in your backyard' - that is not what I actually said or wanted to imply. I did give the butane extraction as one example and did warn about doing these safely after watching instructional videos. Some people simply use heat after the extraction instead of using a vac oven.

Sorry if my post suggested it was as simple as 'blasting a can of tane through a pvc pipe in your backyard' - that is not what I actually said or wanted to imply. I did give the butane extraction as one example and did warn about doing these safely after watching instructional videos. Some people simply use heat after the extraction instead of using a vac oven.

No, you didn't, I just believe that extracts made with a volatile solvent are best left to professionals. Or at the very least, someone else.

Here's a recent video of two dispensary employees who received 3rd-degree burns when operating a $50k CLS. Even when you're doing everything "right," things can go catastrophically wrong, so I never recommend anyone produces BHO at home.
http://www.oregonlive.com/marijuana/index.ssf/2016/03/new_mexico_marijuana_dispensar.html

It's not difficult to google BHO blasting dangers and find all the people blowing themselves up.

Even in legal states, it's pretty much seen as the dumbest thing you can do. Regulations are in place so you may send your plants to a facility with proper equipment for making BHO in legal states. The fact is, the average person doesn't have the funds or time to make BHO properly.

Get a hair straighter if you must.

No, you didn't, I just believe that extracts made with a volatile solvent are best left to professionals. Or at the very least, someone else.

I have heard quite a few horror stories of people trying this when smoking, indoors etc and the whole thing just going very bad and very quickly. I have also seen a lot of the product made safely in the same manner - hair straighteners are without doubt safer but we know Bluelight and we know that the safest option isn't always what people tend to do.

I saw that explosion a few days ago pretty terrifying especially when you think what your doing is 'safe'.