Da Big & Dondy Dub Reggae Thread, mon

Bomboclat

Bluelight Crew
I searched and couldnt find a dub reggae thread in here, so ive dubbed this thread the dub reggae thread.
Seems like 1970-90 was the best time for dub reggae. The newer stuff is nice, but nothing beats the classics.

Mikey Dread - Warrior Stylee
Mikey Dread - World War III
Linval Thompson - I Love Marijuana
Keith Hudson - Nah Skin Up
Bushman - Cannabis
Moresounds - Cannabis (Bushman remix)
Michael Palmer - Don't Smoke the Seed
Moresounds - Weeda (Michael Palmer remix)
Frankie Paul - Worries In The Dance
Scientist - Dance of the Vampires

I could post for hours but I wont.
Anyone else a big dub reggae fan?
Post some tunes, mon.

>posting dub
>no mention of King Tubby

shit bombo, are you even trying? ;)

King Tubby - A Better Version

also, this album right hurr:

AugustusPablo-KingTubbyMeetsRockersUptown.jpg

Mikey Dread - Voice of Jah

check this out ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuEae31XBdc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiwGfZ1G0sA

"The result of a highly unusual collaboration - David Cunningham (of Flying Lizards' fame, aka Money (That's What I Want)) and Jamaican reggae singer producer Jah Lloyd. In 1978 Cunningham manually looped and overdubed tracks he received on mono tape of Lloyd's music. The results were released only in 1995 as The Secret Dub Life of the Flying Lizards."

smoke a doob and zone out

reggae / dub

Im lookin for some reggae / dub to listen to can anyone help me out?

Rhythm & Sound. Not as boring as the name would suggest. It's a collab between some german techno veterans and various reggae and dub artists. Not regular dub and more of a atmospheric modernized variant, but I think it's awesome and it introduced me to the genre.

Play this loud with lots of bass and I dare your head not to bob.
Rhythm & Sound with The Chosen Brothers - Mash Down Babylon
Rhythm & Sound with Cornell Campbell - King In My Empire
Rhythm & Sound with Shalom - We Been Troddin

It's some of the friendliest most comforting music I know of and I use it as an antidote for bad trips.
Is the fear getting to you? Walls closing in? Just put this on and mash down babylon!

Easy Star All-Stars - Dub Side Of The Moon Very entertaining dub-covers of Pink Floyd tunes, sure to turn dem frowns upside down.

Linton Kwesi Johnson. Dub-poet, probably closer to reggae but also doing alot of dub.
Linton Kwesi Johnson - More Time
Linton Kwesi Johnson - Fite Dem Back

Adrian Sherwood - J'ai Change
No good explanation as to how this is dub and not reggae, don't think I know where the one ends and the other begins, but it does say dub on the cover :D
big up!

Last edited: