View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

D-Limonene Mescaline extraction help needed

Fingolfin

Greenlighter
I'm trying to extract mescaline from San Pedro using 69ron's Limonene Tek. I've done this several times before with great results every time. This time, however, I was very careless and instead of adding calcium hydroxide to the ground San Pedro powder, I added calcium carbonate instead. I didn't realize this mistake until I has stirred it into the cactus powder. I haven't yet added water to the mix, but I'm not sure what to do.
Am I right in thinking that the calcium carbonate is a much weaker base than the hydroxide, and most likely won't be basic enough to break the cactus mucilage? If I add the calcium hydroxide then continue with the tek would I have a whole bunch of calcium carbonate end up in the acidified water? I've checked google and DMTnexus and can't find any information on what to do. I'm hoping I haven't completely botched this up. Any help I could get here would be appreciated!

Calcium carbonate is essentially insoluble in all solvents except strong acids (it's chalk/limestone), pretend you never added it, and you can proceed like normal and add calcium hydroxide and rescue it with no problems.