D&B

chicken_thief

Bluelighter
ok, now, i listened to p-e-achy go on and on about happy hardcore and i heard plenty of u talk about your okenfold and sasha; i wordering where all the d&b kidz r!! wanted to know who else like to get down and dirty in the jungle!!! plz give some djs

hell yeah!!!! chicken_thief.....jungle/drum 'n bass rules!!! some of my favorites right now are Dieselboy (soldiers story) fabio, andy c, ed rush, bailey and techitch...i don't think drum 'n bass gets enough credit...peace
nick

ak1200..... not very Jungle, but definatly DnB
------------------
Thought is full of lies. If you feel, you will see the truth.
Only your feelings can show you the real beauty of a person.

smile.gif

Toronto is an amazing city for Drum and Base and Jungle.
Few things get me moving or my heart racing more.
smile.gif

I'm really into Congo Natty records right now. I'm hoping to see Breakbeat Era i.e. Roni Size, DJ Hupe and crew next month...
"When I'm weak,
you're telling me that I'm strong,
when I'm right
you're telling me that I'm wrong,
Now I know
and now I understand
that I see...
I see your wicked plan
I'm a Jungalist!!!"
(did I get that right?)

Hellz YES!!!! Jungle/D&B is definitely my fav music. Its soooooooo progressive, it morphs everyday it seems. There are so many different places artists can go w/ this genre. I must admit, Dieselboy rocks, and I will be seeing him at Live on the Decks III. Cant wait for that. I think LTJ's record label GOOD LOOKING is rockin. Moving Shadow is definitely top 3. Metalheadz is another one that always gets me steppin. Artists I like, theres alot, I'll name a few: Optical, Squarepusher, Source Direct, Lemon D (bomb!), DJ Crystal, Kenny Ken, LTJ Bukem, DJ Krust, Roni Size (he's ok), Goldie, Deiselboy, Aphrodite. Theres soooo many more but I only have 4MB of mem.....lol.....
biggrin.gif
. Good post Chicken_thief.
later
plur
steve

I second the votes for both Diesel Boy's 'A Soldiers Story', and for both 'Fully Automatic' and 'Prepare for Battle' from AK1200. Dara's got some pretty good stuff too......
PLUR and all that God sent good stuff...
Chipmunk

yup, a soldier's story is def. one of my favs. i just got dara halfway home and and am really liking it. cant wait to see him on the 28th!
peace out

****SQUAREPUSHER (tom jenkins) is definately my favorite D&B artist> but to call squarepusher D&B is a little vauge.
TheStepper69 has great taste in D&B!!
LTJ's record label is awesome, so is moving shadow and metalheadz// Krust, EdRush, optical, LTJ...there all great! LemonD is BOMB.. definately
------------------
phish2000/w33k4p4u9

ME!!! ME!!! ME!!! Jungle, drum&bass, and esspecially hardstep is definatly my fav! Here are some of my favoret djs,
DJ Hype most definatly with MC GQ, i got to see there first north american apperance back in august!!! I will kill to see them again they rock my world!!
DJ 3d from chicago, love the deeeeep daaark scary ass shit!
Agree with deiselboy never seen him though...
frown.gif
mabey ill have to go to live on the decks 3!
Dj flux and Dj Rinse from sanfran, I saw Rinse with Jamalski (definatly check out jamalski if you get the chance!) in december they also rocked my world...
The Lord Vishnu from Houston! is you can get ahold of the 'trailblazers vol. 2' its him and doubleA and twist... I love It!
Hey STEPPER! would you be interested in coming to madison for a kick ass party on jan 29th? lots of jungle there! Kingsize is going to be there too!
------------------
MaD LoVin, Jessiy

Since most of the djs I like have already been mentioned, just wanted to say woooooo hooooo !! Can't get enough of jungle or d&b !! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT !
smile.gif
Anyone in NYC ever check out Baktun on Sat. nights for their d&b ?
------------------
'nuthin but PLURness'. . . . . . <<muah>>!
{{GATS}} =P

D`n`B/JuNGLe iN Da HoUSe MaSSiVE!!!
Yes! Definitely rocking the place! Not a *huge* scene down here in Aussieland, but we're getting there. Melbourne scene is rising, and we have some sick ass dudes coming down. Kenny Kenn, ANDY C, Goldie, DJ Fierce...all coming in the next two months. Definitely going to check out Kenny Ken and MC Fearless next Tuesday, gonna 0WN!
As for a favourite artist/s?
Dillinja (aka Capone), Alex Reece (for some more Jazzy stuff - PULP FRICTION OWNZ), Roni Size & DJ Hype. Also gonna mention ATOM 1 (a DJ down here, does alot for our DnB/Jungle scene) BiG ReSPeCT.
KeEp oN ReSpECTiN`
wink.gif

Mr.Klownz!

Okay my fellow Junglists, we forgot DJ DB check out his album "shades of technology"
also DJ ANI, GROOVERIDER and how come noones mentioned Dieselboy's "97 octane"?
peace from the jungle.

Some of the newer D&B is okay but you can't really compare to happy hardcore which is in another (higher) league really.
Sometimes I listen to jungle cause it's always at hh raves.
I thaught "Brand New Funk" by Adam F was okay and I liked that jungilist tune that Jennika was talking about (lyrics seem spot on to me).
If I had to listen to one DJ play at a rave though it would be either Hype or Brockie.
If I fancied a bit of older jungle though i would go in for Ray Keith cause the man's got talent.
MC's are important in D&B aswell. Fearless and MC MC (UK) have got to be my favorite although I enjoy Shabba D for his originality.
Just wondering, who like D&B AND HH?
If you don't, maybe you should give it a try and keep an open mind about it.
------------------
HAPPY HARDCORE WILL LIVE FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
<~p-E-achy~> -=+PLUR+=-

Kia Ora,
DnB is cranking in NZ...DJ Trace has been here for a few months now, seeing Goldie on friday at the big day out, with chemical brothers, basement jaxx
yup all the listed above and more...V recordings, Virus, Prototype, Valve, renegade hardware, hardleaders....ra ra raaa blah
after the BDO going to see goldie and mc rage, and Dj Trace....cooooor!
S

up to the top....
Tshirt...i'm at baktun almost every Sat...also, physics on thurs...
DnB in the house
c

Peachy, Peachy, Peachy....*shakes head and chuckles*...dont you know its not very nice to downgrade the other genres.
smile.gif
LOL
biggrin.gif
J/K. I do like both HH AND D&B/Jungle. HH can only invoke Happiness, where as Jungle/D&B can cater to absolutely any mood. HH is a lil too fast sometimes too. So is Jungle/D&B. But, Jungle/D&B has soooo many more rythyms to dance to. I would say there are at least 3-4 rythyms in every Jungle/D&B song, sometimes like 8, maybe thats a bit much. I like both, just partial to Jungle/D&B. Basslines there is no comparison, in ANY other genre, jungle/D&B are KING of all basslines. Yeah, MC's rock it, but not the ones who feel its necessary to jibber jabber thru the whole set. GQ is good. He says some funny shit too, like "1 4 u, 1 4 me, money doesnt grow on trees, babies come from la-dies", I thought that was hilarious when I heard it. There was an MC in Germany that I liked a lot, Skywalker. I havent really heard any good domestic MC's, have seen a couple and they would try and rap really fast, and thats not how it goes in MY jungle book LOL
wink.gif
W33k4p4u9--Yes, I agree w/ you about Tom Jenkinson, he is most definitely multi-faceted. In fact I have his "music is/has rotted one note", and thats just some fucky fucked up jazz and DT. He could rip ANY genre up, similar, but better than, the raw ass talent of Aphex Twin...another one of my fav artists.....Digeredoo (sp?) is a kick ass tune by Richard James aka Aphex Twin aka Caustic Window (I think).
Bubbleberry--I would love to go with you buuut, I have to work
frown.gif
. However, I could try and take Sat. and Sun. off. I will E-mail U and we can go from there. I will try and get those days off 2morrow, cuz it sounds like a lot of fun.....save a seat 4 me!!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
later
plur
steve
PS-bubbleberry: Or I can drive, sorry for assuming you or some one else would drive. LOL silly me
wink.gif

[This message has been edited by Thestepper69 (edited 19 January 2000).]

i get goosebumps jsut thinking about Jungle...I'm in Ottawa and i am glad to report we have a friendly...strong and sweet ass jungle kidz here
smile.gif
....i love th local dj's Deedot...Freaky Flow..appleseed..i like the hard Drum and Pegresive BAss sounds of DeisleBoy....
oooo---- small jungle and drum and bass parties tickle the right serpent inside me..... ;o)
aymi

fair enough.
I guess i was being just a little bit narrow minded.
------------------
HAPPY HARDCORE WILL LIVE FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
<~p-E-achy~> -=+PLUR+=-

stepper, Well, you live down in chitown right? well im near milwaukee, sooo, mabey you can drive up here by me and then we can hop in my car and go to madison? i will definatly save you a seat! i was wondrin if i could even get anybody to go with me in the firstplace!
smile.gif
well hear from you later!
------------------
MaD LoVin, Jessiy