• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Cyclizine and methadone

Cyclizine lactate is very water-soluble (their are solutions for IV administration.)
Cyclizine hydrochloride is calculated as 0.0752 mg/mL and described as 'sparingly soluble in water'.

I am slightly suspicious of that value for the hydrochloride. I am prepared to bet that altering the pH a little will make it a lot more soluble.

It's certainly no problem to crush the tablets and snort them. The effects are as rapid as IV as far as I know. Some people I knew who were into Cyclone (methadone & cyclizine) snorted them. The rest crushed the tablets, added a bit of citric, filtered & shot them which is why I suspect lowering pH increases solubility. They were getting a pill into a 1mL barrel.

I have never tried more than 1 pill and never with opioids but I can confirm that these people were a MESS. The pills only cost £1 but they would go to pick up their methadone and then sit shooting pill after pill every 30 minutes or so. Yes I have watched seizures and people doing all kinds of crazy stuff. Even alone, cyclizine is pretty crazy.

Cyclizine IS excellent for treating motion sickness (which I suffer badly from) but it has to be treated with respect.

In the UK at least, their is an IV formulation called 'Cyclimorph' which, no prizes for guessing, is cyclizine & morphine. The cyclizine to prevent nausea & vomiting. The instructions say that it should be introduced via bolus over 5 minutes. I think cyclizine is also supposed to be 'opioid sparing' i.e. it increases the analgesia. Nobody knows exactly why (or at least no documents I have read shed light on it) but it was a disaster when it hit the UK.

I should add that it was when junkies discovered the effects of Dicinal (dipipanone + cyclizine) tablets IVed that it became a thing. In places like Belgium, people would shoot bezitramide or piritramide with imported cyclizine so I'm betting that cyclizine increases receptor occupancy of the 3,3-diphenylheptanone class of opioids.

It's never become a widespread problem because the people who use Cyclone do not last long. It's the very last drug of abuse and before long, users end up in prison, hospital or the grave. Thumbs down.

Last edited: