• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids CWE without a fridge/freezer, increase efficiency of process?

Jax42

Greenlighter
Hey all,

So looking to finish my cocodamols tonight and as I'm doing a large amount will ofc be doing a CWE (after the helpful advise yday it's not worth it to not do a CWE, cleaner high + hr etc)

So my question is on how I can do it effectively without a fridge/freezer? The last times I've done it I was able to stick it in freezer for 20mins which ofc made it a lot easier! I have access to my ensuite bathroom so water etc just can't go and stick the stuff in fridge incase parents see lol

Last time I done without fridge/freezer I used a tshirt to filter it and it just didn't work >.> was meant to be a 100% cotton tshirt but meh

Thanks in advance!

xoxo

A fridge/freezer isn't necessary for the process. Cold water only works just fine, but if you want to get it colder you can fill a pitcher/bucket/ice cream pale with ice, and place your cup within it.. Obviously the thinner the cup's material, the more effective the ice will be, just something to take into consideration when choosing a cup to use.

- Hopeless Soul

From the solubility data I have seen the difference between room temperature water and very cold water is actually quite considerable.

Therefor I would use the suggestion already given, definitely try to get the water as cold as possible.

Other than that use the minimum amount of water possible and filter as well as you possibly can.

From the solubility data I have seen the difference between room temperature water and very cold water is actually quite considerable.

Well, it is and it isn't. If you google "solubility of paracetamol in pure solvents", you'll find a pdf file according to which ~0.7g of paracetamol dissolves in ~100ml of water and ~1.5g dissolves in the same amount at 25 C degrees. Considering that 100ml of water is probably the most you would need to prepare a dose, you're on the same side anyway. Filtration can often take some time and then your solution will warm up anyway, so more paracetamol can dissolve/redissolve. If you really want to get rid of as much paracetamol as possible via CWE, you might put your mixture in the fridge for long enough for all the solids to fall to the bottom and kind of stick together so that you can decant your solution properly without putting the solids onto the filter which make filtering very slow, you could also filter it in the fridge if you have enough space available.

^^ the whole question is based on the fact that OP cannot use a fridge. So your last sentence sounds particularly strange .

OP, I do have access to a fridge and I never use one. If you don't use much water, you don't need to worry about the difference between cold tap water and cold fridge solution :)
And I never ever use freezer after once my mixture partially froze- when this happens, even after it thaws, it is never the same. Idk how it ruins things but it must damage the filler somehow because the mixture did not re-seperate. I had to throw it out:

I support the cold water/ice bath. You can rig that up in your bedroom or wherever you can. Obiviously, the colder the better.

1mL water/pill in a vial, dissolve, pour onto folded Kleenex tissues, let absorb, peel off a sheet containing the white gunk, take it off, squeeze the other sheets, put back the white gunk into the squeezed up sheets, squeeze it in again, remove white again, squeeze sheets again etc. super easy. I can do it on a crowded bus.

1mL water/pill in a vial, dissolve, pour onto folded Kleenex tissues, let absorb, peel off a sheet containing the white gunk, take it off, squeeze the other sheets, put back the white gunk into the squeezed up sheets, squeeze it in again, remove white again, squeeze sheets again etc. super easy. I can do it on a crowded bus.

Damn that sounds good, need to give this a try at some point, managed to get ibuprofen and codeine atm so 3200mg ibu and 200mg codeine (max daily dose of ibu shud be fine without cwe today aha)

IBU/codeine is slightly more difficult to do with a CWE but it still woks extremely well. When working with IBU it is harder for the resulting liquid to separate and become completely clear. Make sure to look up the solubility of IBU compared to APAP in cold water. I used to just stick to APAP because of these reasons and the ease of using it in a CWE.

Even the maximum recommended daily dose of IBU or APAP can cause problems in the long run especially if it is all taken at the same time. Try to avoid it as much as possible. In my experience I try and avoid touching the resulting gunk because of my body temp. It can warm the sludge up releasing more crap into the cold water. Getting some cheap coffee filters is a must if you want to properly do a CWE. Decanting then filtering in a cold environment saves time and is likely safer.

Last edited:
^ Watch out for ibu, it's stronger than Tylenol /mg and has higher water solubility. I wouldn't extract it without cooling down first.