• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids CWE - solubility of codeine?

suessmayr

Bluelighter
When I did CWE's in the past I always used like, alot of water, because I wanted there to be enough to absorb all the codeine. So it was like a big, big glass of water that I was drinking. But I hear people on here talking about 'shots'. So I wonder whether I was using an unnecessarily large amount of water? For 300-400mg codeine, how much water would it be necessary to use?

Codeine Phosphate: 1+4 (water @20degC), 1 + 0,5 (water @100°C)

so that's 250mg/ml and 2000mg/ml respectively... you really don't need a lot of water at all...

I use 100 - 150 ml of water per 32/48 pills. 100 ml is pretty much enough but i oft use 150 because i feel the little extra extracts more codeine.

Scuse my ignorance or maybe im in the wrong part of the world...but....What are CWEs?....Thanks....

^Cold Water Extraction.

Which is when you have a large amount of pills containing paracetamol/APAP + an opiate (be it codeine, hydrocodone, oxycodone).

THe opiate is soluble in cold water, while the APAP is not. So simply crushing the pills, then mixing with water and filtering will leave you with a liquid containing the opiate + water, while the APAP is left behind.

There are numerous CWE threads, OP. Personally, for 10 percocet I use no more than 100mL of water. The less, the better.

Y thank you Brokedown!...Been doing that for years and never heard the term!...

Certainly! It is the best way to remove the APAP/paracetamol if you need a large amount of pills to get where you are trying to get. Your liver will thank you !

I use 2-3ml of water per t1 pill (325mg acetaminophen, 15mg caffeine, 8mg codeine) and usually CWE 15 or 20 at a time so I only use like 30-60ml of water.

One of the reasons I do this is because I've heard that the solubility of caffeine is much lower than codeine, so by using a small amount of water, I technically should be ending up with a lot less caffeine in my codeine water, because caffeine with your codeine is a no-no. :)

so that's 250mg/ml and 2000mg/ml respectively... you really don't need a lot of water at all...

Wot. Really?

... So 4ml of water could potentially contain a gram of codeine at maximum dissolution? That's nuts, considering that this dosage is a dangerous amount of codeine if taken at once. Strange that people use pints of water, and usually triple figure amount milliliters of water for most CWEs, if it could be diluted to an amount nearly comparable to amount you use in a pipette of GBL ...

I know a lot of places give the LD50 of codeine as a mere 450mg (usually ignoring the time taken for hepatic conversion into morphine in humans) but the fact that just 2ml of solution containing 500mg codeine could get to LD50 amounts is certainly new news to me!

So wait - codeine dissolves in water at 250mg per millilitre? Is the difficulty basically this, that, using too little water risks losing codeine, whereas using too much risks drinking too much paracetamol?

I used to use no joke almost like a litre of water. I think this is why I found CWE's so fucking ghastly and just gave up on them eventually.

So wait - codeine dissolves in water at 250mg per millilitre? Is the difficulty basically this, that, using too little water risks losing codeine, whereas using too much risks drinking too much paracetamol?

I used to use no joke almost like a litre of water. I think this is why I found CWE's so fucking ghastly and just gave up on them eventually.

The difficulty is that if you had 250mg of codeine you likely have almost 10 grams of tylenol with it, so obviously for a CWE to work, all the powder has to be stirred into water and liquified, if you just used 4ml of water you would lose most of the codeine because a), GL filtering 4ml of water, it's gonna just stay in the filter like a sponge, and b) your 4ml of water would containe 90% tylenol, 10% codeine, and then you would have a bunch of powder that isn't even wet lol.

Anyways, 1l of water? That sounds f*cking insane lol.

What I do is 2ml of water PER t1 pill, so essentially per 348mg of crap (325mg tylenol, 8mg codeine, 15mg caffeine) and I've found this works beautifully. I lay my coffee filter out in one of those drainer things and then put that into a pot, so that the CWE filters over almost the entire coffee filter. Where as if you have your coffee filter in a cup, the CWE just uses the small amount of surface space of the filter.

here's a picture I drew...

20qevrb.png

as you can see, the cup really only drips right from the middle and your barely using the coffee filter. The problem with this is that the tylenol clogs the whole filter up really quick and then it takes FOREVER to filter, where as with the pot I can kinda keep adjusting the CWE mixtures around to unused spots of the filter where their is no tylenol clogging it yet, makes it take like 15 mins to filter instead of way over an hour.

Filters completely clear to, exept I then squeeze the filter to get the remaining codeine out which forces a bit of tylenol out sadly making it a bit cloudy but what can you do :p Can't be losing my codeine!

Essentially, if you wanted 4ml of water to contain 1g of codeine, you'd after to perform a perfect CWE with 2-3ml a pill, take your COMPLETELY CLEAR MIXTURE, don't squeeze the filter, and with that completely clear mixture you'd lay it onto a large surface area and let the water evaportate, would take about a day or less, could use a blow dryer to speed it up but only on low or else the heat can destroy the codeine. And then you'd just be left with your codeine crystals (which still would contain caffeine sadly :( ), and then you could add all the codeine crystals into like 5ml of water to have a completely concentrated codeine spray or watever which you could then take like 200mg doses by using a dropper and adding 1ml to some juice or something :p

Back then i loved to make very concentrated solutions with 50 mg/ml felt like it kicked in much faster that way,had 100 ml of solution made and dosed with an oral syringe
Did the soloutions just for fun as i had hundreds of 60 mg pure codeine tablets but with the solution it kicked in much faster