• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Cwe questions.

LadyKiariaElle

Greenlighter
First off why do people perform a cwe? And my mom's on Tylenol 3 (round little white pills) and I'm on M-Elson SR 10mg capusles. Would it benefit us and how much do we use

The reason for a C.W.E. is to minimize the amount of paracetamol, ibuprofen or asprin in the product you are consuming.

I am from Australia so not 100% sure about Tylenol.

I think the number 3 contains caffeine which a C.W.E. will not remove.

However if you are taking the medication as directed you don't need to do a C.W.E.

People do an extraction when they want to take a large amount of the target product, such as codeine without ingesting a large amount of paracetamol.

They do this because paracetamol is bad for your liver in high doses.

Long story short, unless you want to take a handful of Tylenol at one time there is no need for a C.W.E.

If you do want to take a handful in one dose then you should think about doing it.

^ That answers your first question. You probably shouldn't be trading medicine.

Your mom's pills contain 300 mg acetaminophen, 15mg caffeine, and 30 mg of codeine. Morphine is 6.667 times stronger than codeine, so one tylenol 3 would equal 4.5mg of morphine. So technically you should take two T3's for 1 Elson, and while I don't condone using medication that isn't prescribed to you, I do believe opiate rotation, is the best route to take when dealing with cronic pain. It avoids building a tolerance. This is different than taking both codeine and morphine simutaneously. While that practice will work execeptionally well, it will be short lived as tolerance will build.

- Hopeless 7nos

^did they mention trading medication ?

Vision Conquest hit the nail on the head with that reply - if you are taking medication correctly by your doctor and just for pain relief then there is no need to do a CWE.

Right, the maximum recommended daily dose of acetaminophen is 3000-3500 mg depending on who you ask. If you're taking less than that then I wouldn't bother with a CWE, you don't need it.