• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Harm Reduction CWE Efficiency - Scared & Asking for Advice?

TheSevenSilverSeas

Greenlighter
Hi Everyone,

I'm fairly new here so sorry if this is in the wrong place. I know none of us are doctor's but I'm just trying to ask some general advice & experiences from people more familiar with cold water extraction of codeine than I am. I usually use the linctus so am less experienced at CWE.

I'm wondering if people can offer any advice or reassurance on how efficient CWE is for filtering out paracetamol? Last night I used the procedure to filter out 512mg of codeine (approx, I know some is lost during the process). I used 64 x 8/500mg co-codamol tablets, filtering some through a coffee filter and some through a home made kitchen towel filter. The solution was still fairly cloudy but a fair amount of gooey white sediment was visible and discarded in the filters. I drank about 2/3 of the liquid mixture but I'm now quite scared that my filtration wasn't thorough enough (due to the cloudiness) and I may have consumed too much paracetamol. This was about 18 hours ago and so far I have the usual codeine associated nausea and dizziness comedown.

Thanks everyone

How much water did you use? The solubility of paracetamol is something like 14g per liter of water at room temperature, so if you used say 500ml youd be looking at a theoretical max of 7g. If you used cold water however the concentration would be lower than that.

If it makes you feel any better ive consumed dozens of grams acetaminophen in a short period of time (having consumed a bottle of vicoden in about 24 hours) without ill effect. That said i was 20 years old and perhaps had a healthier liver back then. In any event keep your eye out for symptoms of acetaminophen toxicity. Take some n-acetyl l-cysteine if you have any.

Than
How much water did you use? The solubility of paracetamol is something like 14g per liter of water at room temperature, so if you used say 500ml youd be looking at a theoretical max of 7g. If you used cold water however the concentration would be lower than that.

If it makes you feel any better ive consumed dozens of grams acetaminophen in a short period of time (having consumed a bottle of vicoden in about 24 hours) without ill effect. That said i was 20 years old and perhaps had a healthier liver back then. In any event keep your eye out for symptoms of acetaminophen toxicity. Take some n-acetyl l-cysteine if you have any.
Thanks for your advice, I really appreciate you replying. Think I used approximately 300ml of water that was midly warm when I started and left in a cool room for 4 hours after that. I had eaten about 3.5 hours before consuming the liquid so didn't have a totally empty stomach. I'm only 26 years old and in very good general health. I'm watching out for any jaundice and upper abdominal pain. It's a little hard to distinguish opiate comedown nausea from any other kind if that makes sense.

Well using the 14g/L figure, 300ml would yield a bit over 4 grams which is unlikely to produce toxicity in a healthy individual. More than likely you have little to worry about but it wouldn't hurt to be on the lookout for acetaminophen toxicity.

Next time use colder water and perhaps have some n-acetyl l-cysteine on hand.

I use special filter for a type of coffee called Chemex. I don't know how these filters differ from other coffee filters.

I usually make 300 mg of codein from 10 pills of 500 mg paracetamol and 30 mg of codeine. Final product is very transparent, almost could be mistaken for water. I squeeze filter at the very end which drops very cloudy drops into final product, though. Never experienced any bad effects.