• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

CWE 1st

massacrepanda

Greenlighter
​So I just did my first CWE. Not sure if the liquid just wasn't hot enough or what but the powder didn't totally dissolve however I continued with the process anyway. Left it in the freezer for 30 minutes, APAP was separated. I used a coffee filter to filter it out which was a pain in the a** because for some reason when I first poured it in it would filter fine then it slowed to a drip then nearly stopped while still half full so I had to mix it a little.. End of first filter APAP was there on the coffee filter, but the liquid still wasn't clear like I've seen before so I went for round two. Still had the problem with the filter, and still the liquid wasn't clear. I just now got around to looking at it (and to drink some) liquid is most definitely not clear, can't see through it and it seems to still have particles of the powder floating.

I only used four 7.5/325 Norco to 3/4 cup of water. (Since this is my regular dose and I wanted to cut back on the APAP because I will be on these meds for a while.)

Did one of my steps go wrong? Is it normal for it to be this cloudy? Also - did I use too little water, I don't want to be high out of my mind. I just want to make sure everything is right. I can't afford to screw this up. And if it's worth it I want to continue but if I did something wrong I need to know what and where so I can get it right next time.

Also just a side note - the liquid smells like when you snort the pills. If that makes sense.
:?

Thanks.

Coffee filters are good for filtering small particles and insolubles but they are notorious for getting clogged easily and being very slow.

Next time it might be easier to pour off most of the water. Let all the apap settle to the bottom for a couple hours while its in the freezer, then when it's settled pour off the top layer carefully to ensure no apap powder gets into the other cup. After pouring off as much as possible put the rest of the water and powder into the coffee filter to finish the filtration. Also pre-wet the filter if you don't already, it will absorb less of the water with your drug in it.

If you are concerned about how much apap is in your water just look at how much stuff is left in the filter. As long as you have a decent amount of goop leftover in the filter you should be fine. Apap is a little soluble in water so you'll never get it all out. The cloudiness is probably just from dissolved particles dropping out of solution.