• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Cutting my smoking in half starting tomorrow!

ColoradoOpiateGirl

Bluelighter
I smoke weed constantly. I want to smoke every day still, but I'm going to wait until 6pm. What am I gonna do all day? What about when I get nauseous? Bored? Anxious? Excited but slightly apprehensive. Any advice? Thank you! :)

Sincerely,
Terri

Hello,

I'm gonna move your post to Cannabis Discussion

Find a hobby, it'll help you kill time when you need to.

look for something more mindful that produces that dopamine in your brain. You see, everything is dopamine.never saw when satan explained it to Stan in south park? it's legit. as the mod said, just find something that's more enjoyable like a hobby. Usually weed strips the user of all that good stuff though, sadly, im in your same boat, i gotta cut down too but it's hard. i can't sleep and shit when i dont smoke. it's quite some shit.

imo, you need to have a very good reason not to smoke and an activity not to go along with the reason to smoke, otherwise you will keep smoking. for me, it is much easier to not smoke when I am at work focused on the tasks at hand versus hanging out in my room watching movies where I can see/smell weed.

I forget too, but everyone gets bored, anxious, apprehensive, and excited. Sober people just deal with it lol... I know the feeling though. I look at my sister and her husband who never smoke weed and think "what do they do when they are feeling sad?". I guess when you can't use weed to cope with your emotions you have to just suck it up and deal with it. I deal with a lot of anxiety which is one reason I like smoking so much, but when at work I have found that I can use that anxiety to drive me.

take a tea break for a month

eating chocolate with every meal every day, it gets boring.

eat chocolate for the first time after a month of anticipation, MMMMMMM delicious.

iv tried doing the evening thing when i was a stoner, for me it had to be all or nothing. if i had weed to smoke, u kno im loading up that bong/whippin out that vape gurl.

I smoke weed constantly. I want to smoke every day still, but I'm going to wait until 6pm. What am I gonna do all day? What about when I get nauseous? Bored? Anxious? Excited but slightly apprehensive. Any advice? Thank you! :)

Sincerely,
Terri

Hate to be Mr Buzzkill...

If you're asking yourself, "Well what am I going to do if I don't smoke weed"... it's probably time to stop smoking weed altogether.

Go for a hike!

^this

exercise always helps me stave off cravings for anything, from pot to heroin. I definitely get a "high" of sorts from hiking super long, epic trails. When I get to the top and have a drink of water, I feel all the endorphins wash over me as I relax and get ready to head back down.

^this

exercise always helps me stave off cravings for anything, from pot to heroin. I definitely get a "high" of sorts from hiking super long, epic trails. When I get to the top and have a drink of water, I feel all the endorphins wash over me as I relax and get ready to head back down.
Truth!

However, I do admit that when in withdrawal from heroin the hike is short and difficult (but worth it). When staving off of pot, it's actually not difficult for me to really enjoy every moment of it sober and I really enjoy pushing my limits to see how many days/weeks I can go on an epic climb! It's pretty much the best thing ever.

but i wanna blaze when I do that?
I understand that they do go well together, however with just a little bit of effort (such as leaving your pot at home), it's easily overcome.

smoking was successfully cut this weekend. 2 blunts and 2 vape bowls only. 2g consumed. :)

i wanted to stop being the kinda smoker that tokes every smoke that passes their way.

imo, you need to have a very good reason not to smoke and an activity not to go along with the reason to smoke, otherwise you will keep smoking. for me, it is much easier to not smoke when I am at work focused on the tasks at hand versus hanging out in my room watching movies where I can see/smell weed.

I forget too, but everyone gets bored, anxious, apprehensive, and excited. Sober people just deal with it lol... I know the feeling though. I look at my sister and her husband who never smoke weed and think "what do they do when they are feeling sad?". I guess when you can't use weed to cope with your emotions you have to just suck it up and deal with it. I deal with a lot of anxiety which is one reason I like smoking so much, but when at work I have found that I can use that anxiety to drive me.
We used to mix our hash (which is all u could get In the uk durin the 90s.)unless u where lucky. I started at 13 because I wanted to explore my mind like a Neo- shaman or something. It was a spiritual quest and inspiration for art. I was naiv. I was told the only way to take it was by mixing with tobacco (the most addictive substance on the planet). I dident know about pipes an was told it was for the lucky few who had got theyre hands on the new strain called Skunk! We yearned to try it. But the closest I got was Durban poisen squashed into blocks, or ocasionaly Thai stick. Turns out I really liked gettin stoned,I dropped out of karate and judo class. I even got a punch in the face for telling my PE teacher I wasent going to be atending Rugby training any more, big deal me and one other guy carried that useless team. Oh and the heavy fella too. I love to play games.A few year ago after yet another atempt to stay off heroin I spent over a year Thai Boxing and training MMA at the same club (I now play BJJ,it's safer and the smarter oponent wins,also it's a great self defence if u don't want to get raped.
Anyway a bit of a side track ,but we where talking hobbys. It turns out the same receptors responsible for a heroin high are the very ones that make you feel Great ! After a hard work out. So get high on sport is my sugestion. Running is amazing. If you get up early and run for an hour it feels like the cleanest hit of H ever. No joke .
But I have a question to you cannabis addicts .Do you mix with tobacco ? If so your a nicotine addict not a pot addict . This is usualy the point where peoples minds try to deny it any way they can. True addictive chemicals like nicotine and heroin will lie to your brain ,so Basicly the cleverer you are the harder it is to quit.
I started geting panicked when smokin at about 18-20 .it took me longer than I care to admit to stop mixing cannabis with my weed. The weed has to go. I was so paranaoid and scared that muggers could literaly sense it on me. I got robbed and belated a lot in that time,to timid to fight back. The weed had to go,but unfortunatly I was now a nicotine addict.
After watching loved family members deteriorate SLOWLY and die I vowed that I would never smoke tobacco .Had I not been so niav I would have keept that vow. So anyway I cut out the weed and smoked roll ups untill 2 years ago when I switched to the vape

But here is the crux. This is the message. Never mix cannabis with tobacco. And if you do and blame the weed you need to take a look at your self an re evaluate. I am 33 now and after years of abstinance from cannabis iv found my way back. I use it as a sleep aid, so it is a medication. I also use it for inspiration of artistic merit. But here's the exiting bit. I now have a counsilor at hand . That's y I sometimes call it perspective . Cannabis will not always be pleasant. And if your an addict due to the tobacco mix this can be very painfull.
I meen who needs an intense therapy session with your first coffe and a joint? Not me.
I have learned to use cannabis to find what ever it is in life that is causing me emotional and mental upset. When your stones it points a finger right at the pain. Most people try to avoid this by trying,usualy in vain to think of something else or watch TV,read book whatever. I invite you to sit with the pain that the cannabis has brought up and take a good look at it, explore it. Maybe it will leave you alone , maybe not but you will learn to live with it in time.
Canabis is not just a counsilor In plant form. Approached from the right angle it can help with almost all of our brains foibles and bad wireing/ negative thought paterns deeply ingrained can be fixed. With time.
The notion of never mixing an addictive plant with one of natures most treasured gifts is not my own,I first read about it in Nimbim Austrailia, a town so cool you can buy big bags of skunky weed from men standing in the street selling it openly out of massive duffle bags ( Note to travellers take himself Nimbim bus tour ,not only safe but so much fun). Nimbim is a free town. As in the police don't arrest anyone there or step foot on the road they call a town. It's like the Wild West and a bit scary.
Free towns exist all over The world ,my favourite being Kristiania in the centre of Copenhagen .Its a real comunity. Something few of us have had the luxury to be a part of in our life times. It also happens to have the biggest cannabis market in Europe and probably the most diverse in terms of choice in The world. They sell it ALL. I got my favourite Nepalese temple ball. Also I sampled afghan egg. Surprisingly strong, my heart was racing. A must for any conosures . When I first arrived I was struck by how inventive theyre houses are ,I was also a little scared as I did not know the rules. But I soon found a sign saying 1:no gang colours 2: no running 3: no photos 4: no guns and I can't remember 5. But my fear dissipated as I spoke to the local people. They have children in a school across the street. No doubt payed for by theyre income. And I learned the scary looking young guys where security. So nothing like nimbim and as for the houses . They don't need planning permision. Free town remember. As far as I can figure out if it don't fall down its a good house. And if it looks awesome even better. One house was an upp side down boat. I went on a Sunday cuz I was bored in Sweden one night. Drive for two hours and parked up. Made my way to the jaz club. Made some friends. Hippies ,sporty types , business men in suits. We had a great time and what ever was in that joint felt like extasy to me. Word of warning don't go looking for hard drugs In kristiania. 2 year back they sent all junkys to rehab an said theyre welcome back as long as they stay clean. I want a free town in Brighton Anyone interested. In helpin. Find me on kakao or line ID Mimraa.

But iv gone in massive rant cuz I love weed. So if u like weed and u want to keep smoking it. Seperate the tobacco and the weed. If you can't do this it's proof that I'm right. Think about it
I only smoke at night now. And only one pipe ,and not even every night. Believe it or not there is a celing to getting stoned .If u want to get more stoned get stronger weed(although smoking more will make u feel more groggy,good for sleep I spose)
Its made a massive change in my life. I'm so happy to be able to enjoy the pleasure and ethnogenic qualities of this amazing plant.
NEVER MIX YOUR CANNABIS WEED WITH TOBACO. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A CANNABIS ADDICT.
forgot example you may be adicted to snaking tailor made a or roll ups lie I was. If your gagging for a snake and someone offered you a pinch of snuff or a pouch of snuss ,or even chewing tobacco you must admite to yourself you would not be best pleased. Because your addicted to tobacco mixed with weed or hash. You become addicted to the form you take the drug. So good news guys. You can smoke as much weed as u like. It was the tobacco that was making life hard. Give it a go for a few days an tell me in wrong. You can even get stoned and then light up your cig. Just don't mix and it has no control.
Good luck my brother/sisterhood of humanity :)

Last edited:
Hope you reach your goal! That can be hard when it is plentiful and no other factors besides personal choice.
One way to look at it is your tolerance will go down and you will catch better highs...

smoking was successfully cut this weekend. 2 blunts and 2 vape bowls only. 2g consumed. :)

i wanted to stop being the kinda smoker that tokes every smoke that passes their way.

How in the hell did you space .2g into 2 blunts and 2 bowls!?
2 bowls I can picture but unless you put an unrealistic amount of tobacco in your blunts, I just can't wrap my head around it.
With that being said though, congrats on cutting back :)

How in the hell did you space .2g into 2 blunts and 2 bowls!?
2 bowls I can picture but unless you put an unrealistic amount of tobacco in your blunts, I just can't wrap my head around it.
With that being said though, congrats on cutting back :)

You misread, ChipTrippy!

"2 blunts and 2 vape bowls only." [ <----- that dot's a period] "2 [whole grams] consumed. :)"

It fucked me up at first too. I think it's because of the word 'only.'

You misread, ChipTrippy!

"2 blunts and 2 vape bowls only." [ <----- that dot's a period] "2 [whole grams] consumed. :)"

It fucked me up at first too. I think it's because of the word 'only.'

oooooooooohhhhhhhh!
Yeah; your right. Haha. Thanks for that. ^^

You should probably quit completely for a week or so to get your tolerance down.

When I smoked, I would often stop smoking for 4 -10 days and then when I did smoke I would get extremely high (the kind of high you simply can't get when smoking every day) off of like 2 hits... Which would last for hours and hours.

Not only will you smoke less weed, smoke less often, you will get higher and have a longer peak.

When I smoked all day every day I pretty much got "normal" not high really. I honestly forgot what being super blown was before I took a tolerance break.

So yeah... You should try that.

Just sitting down and trying to smoke less... Tried it, never worked for me. I just ended up smoking the same amount after a day or two.

Unless you have some really engaging hobby that you can do-- you should just stop all together for a week, and then it will be much easier to smoke half the amount, and you will enjoy it more .

It's nice to know that if I decide to smoke that I'll be able to get high for half the day off of 1-2 hits.

P.S. despite what people like to think, cannabis addiction can exist-- and does more than people like to admit.

Another thing about taking a week break by choice is you can assess your cravings. If you can't make it a week without any outside reasons-- that's probably a good sign that you have some sort of addiction.

Pot, like any drug that gets you high, can be addicting.
Is everyone that smokes pot addictive?
No.
But some are, myself included.
I am an opiate addict, so I just want to put out there that pot does not have the severe physical withdrawal symptoms as opiates or some other drugs, but with heavy use there are some minor symptoms.
As far as being mentally/psychologically addictive-- they are pretty much no different, at least for me.

Just something to think about.

Last edited:
...It turns out the same receptors responsible for a heroin high are the very ones that make you feel Great ! After a hard work out. So get high on sport is my sugestion. Running is amazing. If you get up early and run for an hour it feels like the cleanest hit of H ever. No joke .
But I have a question to you cannabis addicts .Do you mix with tobacco ? If so your a nicotine addict not a pot addict . This is usualy the point where peoples minds try to deny it any way they can. True addictive chemicals like nicotine and heroin will lie to your brain ,so Basicly the cleverer you are the harder it is to quit.
I started geting panicked when smokin at about 18-20 .it took me longer than I care to admit to stop mixing cannabis with my weed. The weed has to go. I was so paranaoid and scared that muggers could literaly sense it on me. I got robbed and belated a lot in that time,to timid to fight back. The weed had to go,but unfortunatly I was now a nicotine addict.
After watching loved family members deteriorate SLOWLY and die I vowed that I would never smoke tobacco .Had I not been so niav I would have keept that vow. So anyway I cut out the weed and smoked roll ups untill 2 years ago when I switched to the vape

But here is the crux. This is the message. Never mix cannabis with tobacco. And if you do and blame the weed you need to take a look at your self an re evaluate. I am 33 now and after years of abstinance from cannabis iv found my way back. I use it as a sleep aid, so it is a medication. I also use it for inspiration of artistic merit. But here's the exiting bit. I now have a counsilor at hand . That's y I sometimes call it perspective . Cannabis will not always be pleasant. And if your an addict due to the tobacco mix this can be very painfull.
I meen who needs an intense therapy session with your first coffe and a joint? Not me....
Free towns exist all over The world ,my favourite being Kristiania in the centre of Copenhagen .Its a real comunity. Something few of us have had the luxury to be a part of in our life times. ...
Its made a massive change in my life. I'm so happy to be able to enjoy the pleasure and ethnogenic qualities of this amazing plant.
NEVER MIX YOUR CANNABIS WEED WITH TOBACO. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A CANNABIS ADDICT.
forgot example you may be adicted to snaking tailor made a or roll ups lie I was. If your gagging for a snake and someone offered you a pinch of snuff or a pouch of snuss ,or even chewing tobacco you must admite to yourself you would not be best pleased. Because your addicted to tobacco mixed with weed or hash. You become addicted to the form you take the drug. So good news guys. You can smoke as much weed as u like. It was the tobacco that was making life hard. Give it a go for a few days an tell me in wrong. You can even get stoned and then light up your cig. Just don't mix and it has no control.
Good luck my brother/sisterhood of humanity :)

I have literally never seen someone's denial be this... I don't even know what to call it.

Honestly I'm kind of impressed.